Biblical basis for the Trinity?

Biblical basis for the Trinity?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Well according to scriptures that are there for all to read, we are doing what Jesus asked us to do. So I appreciate that your view for you is fine, but to say we are doing what Jesus said in scripture for all to see is wrong and a waist of time isn't a good thing to express in public I feel.
Your opinion is just that, your opinion, but to scoff which ...[text shortened]... nt to have?
Anyway how did we get to this subject as this thread is about the trinity?
You did not read and understood what I wrote. I said we need to try to do and believe ALL that Christ commanded. And thats it.

Can you honestly say that the JWs both do and believe ALL that Christ commanded? Are there no additions to the commandments of Christ? I once produced a list of some 144 rules by which the JWs live. Are all of those commanded by Christ?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Jun 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
You did not read and understood what I wrote. I said we need to try to do and believe ALL that Christ commanded. And thats it.

Can you honestly say that the JWs both do and believe ALL that Christ commanded? Are there no additions to the commandments of Christ? I once produced a list of some 144 rules by which the JWs live. Are all of those commanded by Christ?
Yes we do and some of those 144 things you posted were wrong. I have no idea where you got your info from but you need to update that list.
But the question I asked you and you did not answer is, are we wrong for going door to door?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Jun 11

Here is another nice verse for you sonny ..
You are just pissing me off mate. So whatever...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes we do and some of those 144 things you posted were wrong. I have no idea where you got your info from but you need to update that list.
But the question I asked you and you did not answer is, are we wrong for going door to door?
Certainly not. How can it be wrong to preach the gospel. You as an individual need to 'work out your salvation'. I dont need to know the details about what you do. As long as you understand what Christ expects and you do that ... Christ is the judge.

I dont however go around condemning entire sects which I know for a fact the JWs do.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 11

Originally posted by divegeester
You are just pissing me off mate. So whatever...
If I quote the truth from the Bible and you get pissed off maybe its time you take a long hard look at your own beliefs.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Jun 11

If I quote the truth from the Bible and you get pissed off maybe its time you take a long hard look at your own beliefs.
Is that what I quoted from your post?

Arrogance and spirituality are rarely good bedfellows friend.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 11
1 edit

Is that what I quoted from your post?

Arrogance and spirituality are rarely good bedfellows friend.
I take it you read my quote from 1 John 4, and you were disappointed that the Bible was so crystal clear that you MUST believe that Christ is the Son of God OTHERWSE, God is NOT in YOU !!!

Now that you have to respond with a similar passage supporting your view that Christ is God .... you get angry.

Shrinks call that displaced anger sonnyboy .. go take a look in the mirror and get angry with the guy you see there.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Jun 11

I take it you read my quote from 1 John 4, and you were disappointed that the Bible was so crystal clear that you MUST believe that Christ is the Son of God OTHERWSE, God is NOT in YOU !!!

Now that you have to respond with a similar passage supporting your view that Christ is God .... you get angry.

Shrinks call that displaced anger sonnyboy .. go take a look in the mirror and get angry with the guy you see there.
I'm not angry and I'm not replying because your posts smack of arrogance; I'm sure you are a decent guy though.

I've posted a ton of stuff here over the last 6 months on this subject; so much so that most of the regular atheists would even know my position on it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 11

I'm not angry and I'm not replying because your posts smack of arrogance; I'm sure you are a decent guy though.

I've posted a ton of stuff here over the last 6 months on this subject; so much so that most of the regular atheists would even know my position on it.
Arrogance ? Yeah right. The the truth is that there are no such verses in the Bible that support your erroneous belief.

[B] You must believe that God sent his Son Jesus to be our Saviour, other wise God is not in you.[/b]

1John 4:14-16 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Jun 11
1 edit

Arrogance ? Yeah right. The the truth is that there are no such verses in the Bible that support your erroneous belief.

[B] You must believe that God sent his Son Jesus to be our Saviour, other wise God is not in you.

1John 4:14-16 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall conf ...[text shortened]... God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. [/b]
Isa 9:6
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

I recognise and worship ONE God, who is ONE Saviour, and Lord of all. If you feel this premise is true then I ask you who is your Saviour? If not then how many Saviours do you have?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 11
1 edit

Isa 9:6
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon [b]His
shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

I recognise and worship ONE God, who is ONE Saviour, and Lord of all. If you feel this premise is true then I ask you who is your Saviour? If not then how many Saviours do you have?[/b]
Thats vague. Isaiah is saying that people will refer to him as Wonderful, Mighty God etc etc. Many have called Christ God. However what we are required to believe is what Christ said. Christ said he was the Son of God.

This passage by John is clear.:

1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

God sent his SON Jesus to be the saviour. The son of God who is Jesus Christ is my saviour.

According to John if you dont believe that then God does not dwell in you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Jun 11

Certainly not. How can it be wrong to preach the gospel. You as an individual need to 'work out your salvation'. I dont need to know the details about what you do. As long as you understand what Christ expects and you do that ... Christ is the judge.

I dont however go around condemning entire sects which I know for a fact the JWs do.
Well you've condemned us as long as I've known you here but that's beside the point but no big deal as we're used to it.
But we do fully understand what Jesus expects from us and that's why we go door to door teaching...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Jun 11

Thats vague. Isaiah is saying that people will refer to him as Wonderful, Mighty God etc etc. Many have called Christ God.
So despite him being vague, you are saying Isaiah is one of the "many who have called Christ God"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 11
1 edit

So despite him being vague, you are saying Isaiah is one of the "many who have called Christ God"?
Isaiah is prophet. Prophets prophesy. Isaiah is reporting what he knows will happen in the future. People will call Christ God. And thats exactly what happened in the future. Isaiah does not formulate doctrines for us to believe.

Therein lies the danger in getting your doctrine from anywhere but the mouth of Christ and the apostles.

Nowhere have I said that that believing that Christ is God will cause one to lose their salvation. I am in agreement with KingDavid that these are NOT important doctrines on which one will be judged. [Contrary to what other Christians say].

I prefer to believe what Christ says clearly. Christ never claimed to be God but always called God his Father, and He was sent by God.

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by menace71
I agree that there are 3 personages (different) in the God head with different roles. One God and we can go around and around on this forever. I know human language will break down and there are analogies that will NOT be perfectly perfect in describing the nature of God himself. Jesus humbled himself for a temporary time (33 years) to accomplish what the ...[text shortened]... n could be our only true savior? God. Jesus is our savior no doubt. Jesus was sinless.

Manny
That is a very good human argument. But it is not in the Bible.