1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 05:24
    Originally posted by weelink
    What does evolution by natural selection has to do with the creation of matter? You do understand the difference between science, atheism, evolution and spirituality? These four are completely unrelated and not mutually exclusive.

And if god is invisible, how do you know he looks like the christian god and not one of the many others, who are invisible too?
    Everything has to do with God, because God is the creator of the heavens and the earth. Science, atheism, spirituality, natural selection, and evolution stands or falls depending on if it agrees with the truth of God.

Just like the early Christians, I know by faith that there is only one God and He is revealed in the Holy Bible.

The Instructor
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 12:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Everything has to do with God, because God is the creator of the heavens and the earth. Science, atheism, spirituality, natural selection, and evolution stands or falls depending on if it agrees with the truth of God.

Just like the early Christians, I know by faith that there is only one God and He is revealed in the Holy Bible.

The Instructor
    So where was he when millions of people were tortured and killed in WW2 and WW1 and the crusades and the Islam wars? Surely your so-called caring god would have cared about literally hundreds of millions of Christians dying after being tortured?
  3. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 17:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So where was he when millions of people were tortured and killed in WW2 and WW1 and the crusades and the Islam wars? Surely your so-called caring god would have cared about literally hundreds of millions of Christians dying after being tortured?
    He was too busy creating all kinds of diseases, hurricanes, volcano eruptions, earthquakes, floods and forest fires.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 21:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Big Bang or Big Dud? What exploded?

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/11/us/calling-big-bang-a-dud-journal-seeks-new-name.html

Maybe God was giving Christians a better name for the Big Bang Theory, that is, the Big Dud Theory.

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 22:37
    Originally posted by Dasa
    If you go on-line to study Vedic literature you will be cheated by counterfit Vedic web-sites.

You need someone who know the authentic Vedas to help you steer clear of the counterfeit ones.

You will not know the difference between the hundreds on offer.
    Seems to be infused in the very nature of life - ie. having to sort out what is true from what is not.
    Truth claims dont work nearly as well as just living truthfully within yourself
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 22:39
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Useless if you are not an Ayurvedic doctor.

The body has life airs and the doctor knows how to balance them.

Much like the acupuncturist who knows how to balance the energy throughout the body because he has studied for many years.

Don't right off Vedic teachings so fast especially when you do not understand what you are reading.
    I didn't think I wrote off Vedic teachings at all.

I disagree that reading about ayurveda is "useless"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree