Blind Faith

Blind Faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Apr 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
yes, it's perfectly possible for dragons to have existed. it would be perfectly possible for a race of dragons to have existed in a small region of the earth.

humans don't exist in bubbles. either evidence of their migration or some of their tools should have been discovered. a giant grave somewhere with at least some skeletal fragments. also there a ...[text shortened]... what is funny is that you are using the same argument we theists use about the existence of god.
There are several youtube videoes of various size human giant fossils that have been discovered that you can look at if you wish. However, there are some hoaxes by your normal starved for attention idiots, who present enormous looking human fossils that must have been photographed in a manner to appear much larger.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Apr 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Declaring bones to be hundreds of thousands of years old does not prove they are that old. That is an example of blind faith. There is no way to date bones accurately to be that old. Do you remember the T-Rex example?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7285683/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/scientists-recover-t-rex-soft-tissue/
And declaring the bible to be the word of God does not make it so. That is also an example of blind faith.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Apr 15

Don't you remember .... "Let us make man in our image" ... ? 😏
You have your terminology wrong then.

Eyewitness testimony is someone relating what they, themselves, have seen. It is always a first-person account.

It is not relating what you heard someone else say they have seen, i.e. a third-person account.

For the Genesis accounts of Creation to be eyewitness testimony, then Moses would have had to be there at Creation.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
Do you have faith in God Suzianne?
Why are you asking me this? Isn't it apparent in all I have ever written in this forum? Yes, I have faith in God. And, before you ask, no, God has never spoken to me in a face-to-face manner (or even through a "burning bush" ), as he did with Moses or even Noah.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
You have your terminology wrong then.

Eyewitness testimony is someone relating what they, themselves, have seen. It is always a first-person account.

It is not relating what you heard someone else say they have seen, i.e. a third-person account.

For the Genesis accounts of Creation to be eyewitness testimony, then Moses would have had to be there at Creation.
Don't you believe Moses wrote down the eyewitness account from God given to him on the mountain top? Don't you believe the ten commandments were actually written on tablets of stone by the finger of God? If not, then why don't you at least be as honest as sonhouse and admit it and stop pretending you are a Christian?

Perhaps you don't understand that a court stenographer has the duty to write down the words spoken in a court trial. Just because the testimony of the eyewitness is recorded on paper by a second person does not make it no longer eyewitness testimony. 😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Apr 15

Don't you believe Moses wrote down the eyewitness account from God given to him on the mountain top? Don't you believe the ten commandments were actually written on tablets of stone by the finger of God? If not, then why don't you at least be as honest as sonhouse and admit it and stop pretending you are a Christian?

Perhaps you don't understand that a c ...[text shortened]... ess is recorded on paper by a second person does not make it no longer eyewitness testimony. 😏
Don't be a horse's ass, Ron.

I could just as easily say to you to stop twisting the Word of God by claiming the universe is a mere 6,000 years old. You don't know that. And God doesn't say that. At least I'm not saying you are pretending to be a Christian when you put words in God's mouth.

I believe Moses wrote down the creation account based on what he was told as he understood it, and as he thought other men of his day could understand it. And then God "signed off" on the project, approving what Moses had written. It wasn't written for astrophysicists, that much is clear. And yes, I do believe that God wrote the original Ten Commandments in stone himself and made tablets thereof. So what is your point?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Apr 15

I could just as easily say to you to stop twisting the Word of God by claiming the universe is a mere 6,000 years old. You don't know that. And God doesn't say that. At least I'm not saying you are pretending to be a Christian when you put words in God's mouth.

I believe Moses wrote down the creation account based on wh ...[text shortened]... the original Ten Commandments in stone himself and made tablets thereof. So what is your point?
The point is that a normal common sense reading of the Holy Bible does not account for the Earth being more than about 6,000 years old. The claim that the earth and the universe are billions of years old is not a biblically supported position. Therefore, that lie must have been inspired by Satan.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Apr 15

The claim that the earth and the universe are billions of years old is not a biblically supported position. Therefore, that lie must have been inspired by Satan.
Similarly;

The claim that marmite tastes good on toast is not biblically supported. Therefore that lie must have been inspired by satan.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Apr 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Similarly;

The claim that marmite tastes good on toast is not biblically supported. Therefore that lie must have been inspired by satan.
marmite

noun

1. a large cooking pot - a metal or earthenware cooking pot with a cover, usually large and often having legs.

2. soup cooked in such a pot

3. an individual covered casserole for serving soup

4. (US, military) a container used to bring food to troops in the field

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marmite

Definition 2 - Satan inspired. 😏

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
02 Apr 15
6 edits

I believe Moses wrote down the creation account based on wh ...[text shortened]... the original Ten Commandments in stone himself and made tablets thereof. So what is your point?
... I believe Moses wrote down the creation account based on what he was told as he understood it, and as he thought other men of his day could understand it. And then God "signed off" on the project, approving what Moses had written. It wasn't written for astrophysicists, that much is clear ...

God signed off on an account of our earth's age that is off by nearly 6 orders of magnitude?, i.e. an account of the world's age that's merely 0.00013...% of its true value!?i.e. an account that has a relative error of nearly 100% because ..., well ..., the account wasn't meant for astrophysicists!? Are you frickin serious!??? 😕

That's like, hmm ... lets see ... how about: some moustachioed bloke thinking it's ok to exterminate all the jews because the final solution wasn;'t for those pesky, nit-picking, never satisfied, always finding fault with things, moral purists! 🙄

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Apr 15

Originally posted by Agerg
[b]... I believe Moses wrote down the creation account based on what he was told as he understood it, and as he thought other men of his day could understand it. And then God "signed off" on the project, approving what Moses had written. It wasn't written for astrophysicists, that much is clear ...

God signed off on an account of our earth's age that i ...[text shortened]... r those pesky, nit-picking, never satisfied, always finding fault with things, moral purists! 🙄[/b]
Calm down, amigo.

Perhaps you missed where I said that a 6,000 year old universe is not in the Bible? Yes, God "signed off" on what Moses had written. I don't know what Bible you've been reading, maybe a "joke" Bible for April Fool's Day, but NOwhere in my Bible does it say that the universe is only 6,000 years old. This is what I've been arguing with Ron about all day. How you missed that I have no idea.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Apr 15

The point is that a normal common sense reading of the Holy Bible does not account for the Earth being more than about 6,000 years old. The claim that the earth and the universe are billions of years old is not a biblically supported position. Therefore, that lie must have been inspired by Satan.
Um, Ron, just in case you missed my point, "the claim that the earth and the universe are 6,000 years old" is not a biblically supported position either. So do you say that that lie must have been inspired by Satan too?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Similarly;

The Marmite you're talking about is a trademark, and so should be properly capitalized. The word marmite, no capitals, is something entirely different.

And I don't know about "biblically supported" or "good on toast", but Marmite itself was probably inspired by Satan... at least it tastes like it.

😀

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Apr 15
7 edits

Calm down, amigo.

Perhaps you missed where I said that a 6,000 year old universe is not in the Bible? Yes, God "signed off" on what Moses had written. I don't know what Bible you've been reading, maybe a "joke" Bible for April Fool's Day, but NOwhere in my Bible does it say that the universe is only 6,000 years old. This is what I've been arguing with Ron about all day. How you missed that I have no idea.
I saw it Suzianne, but the statement that "it wasn't written for astrophysicists" carries with it the implication that:

- for all practical purposes what Moses (in his infinite wisdom) thought about the age of the earth it's good enough
- near enough damn it 0% correct is good enough for the non-pedantic non-astrophysicists amongst us.
- 6 orders of magnitude is only a teensy-weensy bit wrong when you think about it!!!
- it's only like comparing 19 metres to the circumference of the earth ... if you squint hard enough it's damn near impossible to tell the difference!

If your god really did sign off on that (be it that Moses thought either 6000 or 10000 or even 100000 years old) it would be impossible for me to take "Him" seriously!!
Feck, if I was god and heard about someone telling tales that I'd signed off on that little proposal, well crikey ... I'd be bloody fuming!!!

D

Moves
03 Apr 15