1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 03:251 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Um, Ron, just in case you missed my point, "the claim that the earth and the universe are [b]6,000 years old" is not a biblically supported position either. So do you say that that lie must have been inspired by Satan too?[/b]
    Can we try to reason this out together?

I am saying that according to scriptures the earth would now be approximately 6,000 years old. The New Testament scriptures were completed about 2,000 years ago so at that time the Earth would only have been about 4,000 years old.

Mark 10:6 and Matthew 19:4 records Yahshua, Christ Jesus, as saying that Adam and Eve were made at the beginning of creation. Christ was obviously referring to the 6 day creation as recorded in Genesis as the beginning. Do you agree with Christ on that?

Some biblical scholars have stated that Luke 3 gives 77 generations going back from Yahshua (Jesus) to Adam. They estimate that was about 4,000 years of time. That also seems to agree with those that try to calculate the time from Adam to Yahshua (Jesus) by adding the number of years from father to son's birth along with the time of slavery in Egypt and corresponding secular historical dating to get down to the birth of Christ.

So it seems clear from the Holy Bible that there has been only about 6,000 years of human history and Yahshua (Jesus) claimed that marriage went back to the beginning of creation when Adam and Eve were made.

That seems to me to be proof enough that it has only been about 6,000 years since the whole universe was created since a couple days in that creation week is not enough to amount to anything.

Thus the conclusion is that a 6,000 year old earth is a biblically supported position.
    😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 04:00
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It is silly to ask for a Biblical passage that states the Earth is about 6,000 years old. It was not about 6,000 years old then. It was not until the time of Yahshua (Jesus) that the earth and human history became about 4,000 years old. The words of the scriptures have remained fixed from that time until now. The way it has been recorded, in another thousand years, we can claim the earth and human history is about 7,000 years old, because the Holy Bible will not be out of date.

I am not saying Bishop Ussher was correct in his calculations. Other scholars have done the calculations and have come away with a slightly different figure. It has also been estimated by using secular history and the estimated number of generations from Yahshua (Jesus) back to Adam and the beginning of creation. They all arrive at approximately the same amount of time. 😏
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 07:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The Marmite you're talking about is a trademark, and so should be properly capitalized. The word marmite, no capitals, is something entirely different.

And I don't know about "biblically supported" or "good on toast", but Marmite itself was probably inspired by Satan... at least it tastes like it.

😀
    Yes, quite right, should have capitalised my Marmite. (Had no idea it was anything other than something one would lovingly spread on one's toast).

Never expected to come into a spirituality thread and learn something about Marmite. (Do have a family story about Marmite, but this perhaps isn't the forum for that).
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 19:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 20:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Look at my post to Suzianne where I attempt to reason this out with her.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 20:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Look at my post to Suzianne where I attempt to reason this out with her.
    Yea, especially the end -

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree