1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 21:27
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    It decidedly looks like you do not care.
    Its sad the the Eagles are doing bad this year. I wish that they would have made it to the NFC Championship for 5 straight years. It is all because T.O. is not playing.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 21:31

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 21:311 edit
    You use the word - intercessor

But the definition of an intercessor is:

n : a negotiator who acts as a link between parties

Thus cannot be the same entity as either of the two parties. There is also clear indication that God and Jesus Christ are separate beings throughout the teaching of the Bible.

If you believe that they are the same entity, Then why not just pray to God?

Question 2 - A : Do you believe in Satan? B : Where does he fit into this?

Just FYI - These are legitimate questions. I am not asking to get a rise, flame or anything else. I am trying to understand from whence you come.
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 21:37
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    You state very powerfully that you pray to Jesus Christ. If that is the case, where does God fit into the picture?
    I believe that JESUS CHRIST, THE HOLY SPIRIT, GOD, are all one person. I pray to GOD according to All the teachings of THE WORD OF GOD. JESUS CHRIST clearly says in JOHN 14:12-14, 15:9-17, 16:23-27. How we are to ask GOD for anything. All the prayers and supplications that I make to GOD are in THE WORD OF GOD. I follow the Teachings of THE WORD OF GOD.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 21:38
    You know what, RBH, I think at heart you're a good guy. You've done this several times. When it looks like you and I are about to step into the ring, you diffuse the situation and change the subject. Why you do that doesn't concern me - you try to keep things on a civil level, and that's a nice change.

I really think you should cut ties with b ...[text shortened]... aces to look. But this guy spews hate. You don't do that. Why do you stand next to this guy?
    Well, I don't Know How he spews hate. But don't get me wrong I try to be as nice as possible myself, but I am human to so I fall short.

And I do want you to know that I do like the Eagles out of there division. And they are my 5th favorite After the Bills, 49ers, Broncos, Vikings.
  6. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 21:40
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    I believe that JESUS CHRIST, THE HOLY SPIRIT, GOD, are all one person. I pray to GOD according to All the teachings of THE WORD OF GOD. JESUS CHRIST clearly says in JOHN 14:12-14, 15:9-17, 16:23-27. How we are to ask GOD for anything. All the prayers and supplications that I make to GOD are in THE WORD OF GOD. I follow the Teachings of THE WORD OF GOD.
    BF101 -

Please, talk to me, don't preach to me.

You didn't respond to my last post.....What say you?
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 22:381 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You can't pray straight to God.

Jesus is the in between man.
    Logically, then, you should not have a problem with the intercession of Mary on your behalf.

"Hail Mary. pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our need, ..." or something like that.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 22:56
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Logically, then, you should not have a problem with the intercession of Mary on your behalf.

"Hail Mary. pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our need, ..." or something like that.
    Jesus said he was the only one.

He said ask in his name not Mary's.

What makes you so sure that Mary even knows what is going on in this world. What if God doesn't want his saved to see this sinful world?

Mary is just another human like the rest of us. Just because she had Jesus doesn't make her any better then us.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 01:13
    You can't pray straight to God.

Jesus is the in between man.
    Sure you can. That was part of Jesus's accomplishment, to tear down the middle wall that separated us from God.

Col 1:10-12
    10 that you may have a walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
    11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;
    12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.
    (NKJ)

I know what you are saying. But the name of Jesus is not like a magic wand that has to be used to pray to God. Jesus has paid for our sins and now we can come "boldly" to the throne of grace.

Heb 4:16
    16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
    (NKJ)

🙂
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 01:242 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Sure you can. That was part of Jesus's accomplishment, to tear down the middle wall that separated us from God.
    checkbaiter is correct:

And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. Luke 23:44-45 KJV

I've asked RB and crew why the veil was rent in a previous thread. He did not answer then, perhaps he will this time.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 01:47
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    checkbaiter is correct:

And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. Luke 23:44-45 KJV

I've asked RB and crew why the veil was rent in a previous thread. He did not answer then, perhaps he will this time.
    It was rent to show that now we can come to the Father directly, knowing that Christ has paid for our sins.

Eph 2:13-22
    13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
    14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
    15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
    16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
    17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
    18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
    19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
    20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
    21 in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
    22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
    (NKJ)
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 02:13
    Your the Athiest so right off the Bat you have no Clue.

What did he say in John 16:24?

1 Timothy 2:5 Pual is just clearing it up.
    I realize you are incredibly dense, but I have told you several times I am not an atheist. Do you know what an atheist is?

Answer my question: in Matthew Jesus gave the specific words of what is now called the "Our Father". Jesus said to pray to "Our father, who art in Heaven". You claim that you are not allowed to pray directly to God. So is Jesus wrong and your cult leaders right?
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 02:35
    You know what, RBH, I think at heart you're a good guy. You've done this several times. When it looks like you and I are about to step into the ring, you diffuse the situation and change the subject. Why you do that doesn't concern me - you try to keep things on a civil level, and that's a nice change.

I really think you should cut ties with b ...[text shortened]... aces to look. But this guy spews hate. You don't do that. Why do you stand next to this guy?
    The onl hate that I have spoken of, is the hate that GOD speaks of in HIS WORD. GOD hates sin, should not All those that Believe in HIM. THE WORD OF GOD speaks quite plainly of GOD hate for sin. Those of you that mock and hate GOD and those that believe in HIM. You think that because HE has been slow to respond to the sin of man, that HE'S not going to responsed today. Maybe not but, HE is going to respond and soon
    If anyone wants to be saved and stay saved they need to read and study THE WORD OF GOD, in the way that GOD says. They need to beware of all the tricks, traps, and lies of satan and his army of evil ones.
  14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 02:38
    AMEN! Brother in Christ.
    PRAISE THE LORD BROTHER!!!
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 02:40
    You two are brothers in something. In the spaceship.
    When JESUS CHRIST returns we will be somewhere the unsaved sinner cannot go. REPENT JESUS CHRIST is soon to come.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree