22 Nov '05 19:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 19:55
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Ok.... so Satan is a part of the equation. They are on opposite sides of the War - which, as I understand it, is an eternal war between good and evil, yes?

I am curious though.... if God is All-Powerful, hates sin, Lucifer is rife with sin, perpeutates is with every fiber of his being and with every moment of humanity's life on this planet AND is the vehement enemy of God, then why does God not smite him?
    The war is both an eternal and a spirtitual war. To understand the war, you have to understand the reason for the war. The war started before the warth as we know it was created. The information that GOD allows us to have is scattered throughout the THE WORD OF GOD.
    The questions that you have asked many unbelievers and Believers have been dealing with since the Garden of Eden. Why would a GOD so powerful allow such a being to exsist? Also why were we chosen to be the battlefield? Why was mankind created for this?
    To understand these and other questions you have to look at it form a different angle and differrent questions. But you are asking a less detailed question. Yes GOD hates sin, hates it. There would be no problem of destroying satan, he can be destroyed in a moment of time. Except there is more to creation than just the heaven, earth, and universe that we have come to know. The problm to understand this is the Human mind is limited to the creation that we live in. We tend to think that we are all there is. We are important more important than we are. Yes we are important because GOD is using us to bring understanding to all of Creation. The creation before we were created.
    How do we know that there is more to creation then we know of. THE WORD OF GOD.
    In the begining God created the heaven(s) and the earth. GENESIS 1:1. In some early versions of Scripture it say heavens. Is this not a complete statement. GOD did something, He created something. Would it not seem that heaven and earth were created complete. But something happened.
    And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. GENESIS 1:2 If GOD created the earth How did it become without form and void? If verse one is a complete statement or action? Why is verse two an incomplete statement or action? If GOD is Light where did Darkness come from? Why was there darkness? Does GOD not create from nothing? Darkness is not nothing. Could it not read out of nothing GOD created........
    I would like to continue if anyone is interrested. Whether if you are saved or unsaved. In the year that I have been allowed to be here at RHP. My understanding of Believers and Unbelivers has increased to a level of understanding that I thought not possible.
    There is a good reading The Invisible War by Donald Grey Barnhouse.The first time I read the book, it took me 3 months. I had double checked and triple checked what he was saying.
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:00
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    God like to see his children tempted.

There's also a battle among the gods to see whether any can create a creature with free will and be worshipped by them.
    If you really understood that statement, if you really understood.
    There is a battle between GOD, and those gods who want to be as great as GOD. And it is all about Free Will. But then you have to understand Free Will. In the complete meaning of the word.
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:04
    Originally posted by Halitose
    In my understanding of the Biblical timeline, Satan fell only after the creation of man. If God had created the earth and Satan was crawling all over it, He wouldn't call it "good" in Gen 1.*.
    Are you willing to discuss the Biblical timeline?
    Was satan created before or after the creation of the earth? Where did satan come from? How did he get his name? Where did he get his power from? How could he communicate to man through an animal?
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:07
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm#II

The dogma of the Holy Trinity

253 The Trinity is One. We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the "consubstantial Trinity".83 The divine persons do not share the one divinity among themselves but each of them is God whole and entire: "The Father is that which the Son is, ...[text shortened]... nd wholly in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is wholly in the Father and wholly in the Son."91
    Yes GOD is one person. But for the understanding of HIS WILL, and HIS WORD, might HE not want mankind to understand HIM to the fullest.
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:13
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    blah blah blah...you need to go down to Louisiana and find that Marguerette woman from "Wife Swap" or whatever that show's called, so you can be with your like kind. "I am a GOD WARRIOR! I REBUKE this in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD! GET OUT!!!! GET OUT!!!"
    Well rest assured your power is weak, and getting weaker every day. You claim wisdom and understand, but you are only powerless. Yo exsist only because GOD permits it. HE is using you to show others the error of there ways. You imtimitate noone.
    The worse you can do is ban me and take away my membership to RHP. Nothing more.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:19

8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:28
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Most of them?

That would tell me then, that the Holy Trinity of God is not universal.... therefore, not part of the core Christian Doctrine. If it were accepted by all, then it would be universal.

If the Trinity is not a univerally accepted core of the Christian Doctrine, then how can it be Truth? Or is it that the interepretations of those who do ...[text shortened]... t..... How can it be interpreted in so many ways? Why are there so many different denominations?
    In some of the Translations of THE WORD OF GOD, the complete statement of CHRIST is not included in MATTHEW 28
    And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world. Amen. MATTHEW 28:18-20
    For whatever reason this complete statement is not in all Manuscripts. Also the key could be that JESUS said "in the name" singular, not plural.
  9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:33
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    The question of which interpretation of the Bible is authoritative is best answered by those who compiled and wrote [the remaining parts of] the Bible.
    All Translations that tell THE WORD, from the GENESIS to REVELATIONS, are the true translations. All tranlations are on for all understanding of all of mankind. Regardless of their inteligence. There are ways to know whether if that translation is the true WORD OF GOD. As is taught in the WORD OF GOD.
  10. London
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:45
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    All Translations that tell THE WORD, from the GENESIS to REVELATIONS, are the true translations. All tranlations are on for all understanding of all of mankind. Regardless of their inteligence. There are ways to know whether if that translation is the true WORD OF GOD. As is taught in the WORD OF GOD.
    So, how do you know whether a particular translation is true or not?

And what about the decades before the books of the Bible (particularly the New Testament) were written?
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:50
    Uh, noooo...the truth is the truth if you write or say it accurately. When you distort the truth, or pretend that some fanciful belief can stand in for the truth, then it isn't the truth anymore. Personally, I don't know what you're trying to say most of the time - I share Wule's frustration regarding your utter inability to communicate even on a ...[text shortened]... ently do) before you presume to lecture much more intelligent and educated people than yourself.
    It is not the truth to you, it never has been. "Not the truth anymore", means at some time it was the truth to you. Of course you donot understand most of the time. I understand that. How could you be expectted to understand something so simple, as THE WORD OF GOD.
    You seemed to have strived to educate your self in the understanding of the World. To obtained an education that most will never obtain. That you cannot understand words of men that GOD used that were common. Men that were Carpenters, fishermen, teachers, herdsman, farmers and a doctor. Yet the simple words that GOD gave them have changed the lives of Billions and billions. Yet all you can do is try to hold on to those whom you think you imtimitate. How can I eever claim to be as smart as you. Woulld not want to be. Just as you read my words I read yours. And you are very articulate very articulate, unwise though. Because as you have said "you don't undrstand what I am saying" you are speaking on what you dont understand. But rest assured GOD will send someone, who will show you the Understnding that you need. I just hope it is not too late. REPENT for JESUS CHRIST is soon to come.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:521 edit
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Yes GOD is one person. But for the understanding of HIS WILL, and HIS WORD, might HE not want mankind to understand HIM to the fullest.
    Blindfaith: "Yes GOD is one person .... "

I'm afraid this is not very accurate. God is not one person, but "one God in three persons".

253 The Trinity is One. We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, ...

http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm#II
  13. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 20:57

14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 21:02
    Ugh...ack...cough...You're so dense. I was not calling myself a "god warrior". I was comparing you to that fundamentalist right-wing nutjob on the TV show.

No, bf, I don't claim to be wise and powerful. I'm very humbled by the mysteries of the universe, by what science cannot explain, and by the God who created it. I'm not powerful. Neit ...[text shortened]... ily arrogant? You're the one who claims to be in God's favor. Didn't the Pharisees do that?
    Matters not what you call me. My previous statements stand. You rant an rave against THE WORD OF GOD, as if someone is impressed. Maybe some are, I'm not.
    You are humbled by the mysteries of the universe by what science canot explain. No doubt Yet you know little to nothing about it. You admit that GOD created it. Yet you deny HIS Power. HIS Power of understanding and to be understood. Science cannot understand the completeness of understanding or Creation. And it never will until The Return of GOD when All will be understood.
    REPENT for JESUS is soon to come. But then again some of you cannot and have no idea how to Repent.
  15. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 21:161 edit
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    The question of which interpretation of the Bible is authoritative is best answered by those who compiled and wrote [the remaining parts of] the Bible.
    You're not getting it. If this is truly the Word of God, then there is no room for interpretation. It is the Word of God and that is that. It has one meaning. What is that meaning? Whose teaching of that meaning is right, given that each denomination teaches it differently.
    As the Word of God, it has a single meaning. Whose teaching of that meaning do you follow?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree