1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 05:06
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Have you read The Battle for God yet? I'm about halfway through it. It's pretty hefty. It has a lot of things to say about the myth subject from the other thread, as well as how modern fundamentalist religions have a strong identity component holding them together.
    No, I haven't--but I've got a bookstore trip coming up tomorrow! Thanks. 🙂
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 05:191 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    God gave His Son that whosoever believes shall be saved. Period. He who does not believe shall perish. Period. What is so hard to figure about that?
    I agree with this. In order to receive God it is necessary to accept God. There are many places in the scripture that say all will come to believe and accept God.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 01:53
    That's because you can't wage a successful us-against-them campaign on the issues of greed or dishonesty. You wouldn't be offering the followers any "us" identity. Homosexuals make a convenient "them."
    But I don't see it as "us against them". I don't hate homosexual people. Niether does God. Well, let me qualify that, I don't believe God hates the homosexual person, just the "act". The same goes for people who are greedy or dishonest.
    When anyone of these people come to Christ, it goes without saying that they are expected to repent or turn away from sin. And even before then, I think they can still receive "salvation". But as one tries to grow close to Christ, they will see their sin as a hinderance. Then the question arises as to which they want more...their sin or Christ. The closer a person gets to God, the more they will see sin for what it is, and then hate sin as God does.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 02:31
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    But I don't see it as "us against them". I don't hate homosexual people. Niether does God. Well, let me qualify that, I don't believe God hates the homosexual person, just the "act". The same goes for people who are greedy or dishonest.
    When anyone of these people come to Christ, it goes without saying that they are expected to repent or turn aw ...[text shortened]... a person gets to God, the more they will see sin for what it is, and then hate sin as God does.
    Why do you suppose there does not exist a site called www.godhatesgreedypeople.com ?
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 05:38
    Why do you suppose there does not exist a site called www.godhatesgreedypeople.com ?
    Because there are far fewer greedy people than fags?
    That fags cause a greater disturbance in the world than greedy people?

Gee whiz, I just don't know! Maybe someone on this site should start
    one?

Nemesio
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 09:26
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    repentance.......
    Sin and the pride of sin keep sinners from repenting.

And those who make God into a monster so that people don’t want anything to do with him.

However or whaterver your views are on THE WORD OF GOD, you and only you will stand before GOD. Whatever or however you interrpet THE WORD, that will be how you will b ...[text shortened]... ou’re going to preach the scripture then accept what it says. Don’t edit it to suit your agenda.
    Fod a monster.........
    Satan is the only one that ries to turn GOD into a monster. As well as those that chose not to worship HIM because they are conforterble in thei sin. THE WORD OF GOD is availible for all to read on just about all levels of understanding. Thost that choose to open THE WORD, for themselves will come to that knowledge. Even here with the passing back and forth ot the Scriptures as we have been doing. Whether or not we agree or not everyone that has a copy of THE WORD OF GOD, should if they choose search out the Turth for themselves. those that know that the truth and continue to live in sin know the penalty.
    love and mercy..........
    The GOD that I serve is filled with Love and mercy. All that come to know HIM, come to see that they are sinners. They come to see that before they came to the Salvation that JESUS CHRIST offers, they were on a road that led to sin. They come to know that sin is not pleasing to GOD. Worship and obeying HIM is what is pleasing to HIM. But they also come to know that all those that sin, refuse to obey HIM, and all those that chose not to accept the Salvation offered by JESUS CHRIST, will pay a price. The price of eternal punishment.
    MATTHEW 25:31-46
    JUDE 3-7
    have no idea....................
    I know full well and understand all that GOD has given me to understand. I know that I have to live up to the standards of the understanding that I have recieved. I know for a fact that you cannot just say THE WORD, you have to live it. AreYou living in the way that JESUS CHRIST taught. Have you committed yourself to living as GOD Wants. Are you living THE WORD OF GOD, in such a way that is pleasing to GOD. If you are not there should be fear in your life. Fear of everlasting punisment.
    ROMANS 6:1-23
    wrong way......
    I have no Idea what god you serve. I do have an idea that it is not the GOD of THE BIBLE. Oh sure you know and can find some Scriptures, that do more to prove that THE WORD OF GOD, stands on its own, and less that you believe it or follow it.
    MATTHEW 4:1-11
    1 TIMOTHY 2:3,4.........
    Yes GOD wants all of mankind to come to know and accept The Truth of JESUS CHRIST. Yes GOD wants all men to be saved. No GOD did not create hell for mankind. But man choses not to believe. Mankind choses to disobey GOD. Mankind choses not to accept the Salvation that is offered by JESUS CHRIST. And there is a cost to pay for rejecting GOD.
    REVELATIONS 12:9,10
    ROMANS 14:11............
    When you read ROMANS 14:11, you should have read verse 12 '' So then every one of us shall give account to God".
    Yes all mankind will come before God and Worship HIM, both believers and non-believers. As well as satan and his army, will come and worship GOD. And then we have to give '' an account of ourselves". Would that not mean the judgement. You seem to think that the unbelievers are going to be rewarded or blessed for their disbelief. THE WORD says different.
    ROMANS 3:1-18
    HEBREWS 3:7-19
    PSALMS 65:2..........
    Yes all flesh is comming to worship before THE LORD. When we all finish some go off to everlasting life others to everlasting punishment.
    2 THESSALONIANS 1:8-10
    PSALMS 64:9............
    Try reading all of PSALMS 64.
    in the end.................
    All that are punished for eternity
    Try reading 2 PETER 3;1-18
    You and others seem to think that hell or everlasting punishment is not forever. I donot think that GOD is going to give satan and his angels a second chance. Nor do I think GOD is going to give those a chance at Salvation and rejected it, a chance to reject HIM again. When the War between Good and Evil is over, the only ones that are lef standing are those that Love THE LORD. Love THE LORD through JESUS CHRIST. If you reject HIM. You reject your chance at Eternal life. Eternal means Eternal does it not.
    JOHN 3:1-21
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 09:26
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    repentance.......
    Sin and the pride of sin keep sinners from repenting.

And those who make God into a monster so that people don’t want anything to do with him.

However or whaterver your views are on THE WORD OF GOD, you and only you will stand before GOD. Whatever or however you interrpet THE WORD, that will be how you will b ...[text shortened]... ou’re going to preach the scripture then accept what it says. Don’t edit it to suit your agenda.
    Fod a monster.........
    Satan is the only one that ries to turn GOD into a monster. As well as those that chose not to worship HIM because they are conforterble in thei sin. THE WORD OF GOD is availible for all to read on just about all levels of understanding. Thost that choose to open THE WORD, for themselves will come to that knowledge. Even here with the passing back and forth ot the Scriptures as we have been doing. Whether or not we agree or not everyone that has a copy of THE WORD OF GOD, should if they choose search out the Turth for themselves. those that know that the truth and continue to live in sin know the penalty.
    love and mercy..........
    The GOD that I serve is filled with Love and mercy. All that come to know HIM, come to see that they are sinners. They come to see that before they came to the Salvation that JESUS CHRIST offers, they were on a road that led to sin. They come to know that sin is not pleasing to GOD. Worship and obeying HIM is what is pleasing to HIM. But they also come to know that all those that sin, refuse to obey HIM, and all those that chose not to accept the Salvation offered by JESUS CHRIST, will pay a price. The price of eternal punishment.
    JUDE 3-7
    have no idea....................
    I know full well and understand all that GOD has given me to understand. I know that I have to live up to the standards of the understanding that I have recieved. I know for a fact that you cannot just say THE WORD, you have to live it. AreYou living in the way that JESUS CHRIST taught. Have you committed yourself to living as GOD Wants. Are you living THE WORD OF GOD, in such a way that is pleasing to GOD. If you are not there should be fear in your life. Fear of everlasting punisment.
    wrong way......
    I have no Idea what god you serve. I do have an idea that it is not the GOD of THE BIBLE. Oh sure you know and can find some Scriptures, that do more to prove that THE WORD OF GOD, stands on its own, and less that you believe it or follow it.
    MATTHEW 4:1-11
    1 TIMOTHY 2:3,4.........
    Yes GOD wants all of mankind to come to know and accept The Truth of JESUS CHRIST. Yes GOD wants all men to be saved. No GOD did not create hell for mankind. But man choses not to believe. Mankind choses to disobey GOD. Mankind choses not to accept the Salvation that is offered by JESUS CHRIST. And there is a cost to pay for rejecting GOD.
    REVELATIONS 12:9,10
    ROMANS 14:11............
    When you read ROMANS 14:11, you should have read verse 12 '' So then every one of us shall give account to God".
    Yes all mankind will come before God and Worship HIM, both believers and non-believers. As well as satan and his army, will come and worship GOD. And then we have to give '' an account of ourselves". Would that not mean the judgement. You seem to think that the unbelievers are going to be rewarded or blessed for their disbelief. THE WORD says different.
    ROMANS 3:1-18
    HEBREWS 3:7-19
    PSALMS 65:2..........
    Yes all flesh is comming to worship before THE LORD. When we all finish some go off to everlasting life others to everlasting punishment.
    2 THESSALONIANS 1:8-10
    PSALMS 64:9............
    Try reading all of PSALMS 64.
    in the end.................
    All that are punished for eternity
    Try reading 2 PETER 3;1-18
    You and others seem to think that hell or everlasting punishment is not forever. I donot think that GOD is going to give satan and his angels a second chance. Nor do I think GOD is going to give those a chance at Salvation and rejected it, a chance to reject HIM again. When the War between Good and Evil is over, the only ones that are lef standing are those that Love THE LORD. Love THE LORD through JESUS CHRIST. If you reject HIM. You reject your chance at Eternal life. Eternal means Eternal does it not.
    JOHN 3:1-21
  8. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 13:47
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    NO, I truly hope that all Homosexuals come to the full knowlwedge of their sins, and repent and accept the lifestyle that JESUS CHRIST offers.
    your ignorance is a bloody sin. get real. get educated. get a LIFE

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree