blindfaith101 - Question for you...

blindfaith101 - Question for you...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
23 Nov 05
2 edits

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
Yes, this is very true, but they are still classified as Christians.
As a secular historian, I classify them as Christians for the purposes of cultural history.

However, when working in the field of religious history, doctrinal distinctions become important. The rejection of historic Christian doctrine that has defined orthodoxy since the Arian controversy, yet distinct from the ideas advocated by the followers of Arius merits attention. But this attention cannot accept uncritically the claim of JWs and LDS that they are Christians. The claim requires examination.

LDS doctrines may prove more a more plausible system of hermeneutics, but the secular historian does not care about such matters.

Jehovah's Witness doctrine is rooted in gross misunderstanding of Greek grammar, and even a secular historian can reject it out of hand. Nevertheless, this cult fits within Christianity in terms of culture.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
23 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Some things really do have a right way. To deny it would be to become a moral relativist.
Oh, I certainly agree that some things have a right way...my statement was meant in jest. 🙂

I do want to say that I am impressed more with your comments than any other Christian with whom I have discussed religion. However misguided I may think your foundations are, you do have foundations that are very solid to you, where so many others simply fall back on faith as their crutch when they cannot answer a question with anything meaningful. For that, I thank you.

When I have time, I will find the backing to the Roman Senate statement I made.

l

London

Moves
23 Nov 05

Oh, I certainly agree that some things have a right way...my statement was meant in jest. 🙂

I do want to say that I am impressed more with your comments than any other Christian with whom I have discussed religion. However misguided I may think your foundations are, you do have foundations that are very solid to you, where so many others simply fall ...[text shortened]... I thank you.

When I have time, I will find the backing to the Roman Senate statement I made.
Thank you for the gracious response. Apologies if any of my comments were offensive.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
23 Nov 05

Thank you for the gracious response. Apologies if any of my comments were offensive.
Nothing offense, no worries. Religion is a topic that no matter how civil one may try to be, can turn into something very heated and volitile.

I am one who seeks understanding of the conviction behind people's beliefs, Christianity in particular. I grew up in a Christian household, and have a family that is very much Christian. Due to a combination of many different factors, I am not one myself. Because of this, however, I like to hear, see and understand how and why others have maintained their faith, and how they explain what I have found to be discrepancies or contradictions.

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

[b][b]Actually, that it incorrect. The Roman Senate decided which books the Bible would include. There is documentable proof of that. You can go look it up.

If that's your assertion, the burden of proof is on you to provide the evidence. I'm not about to go hunting for some cockamimy conspiracy theory ...[text shortened]... of humanity, the ~250 million that follow the Roman Catholic Church are the ones that are right?[/b]
YES, Neither of them follow the teachings of CHRIST. Nor can either of those Religions Confess 1 JOHN 4:1-5

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

Yes, this is very true, but they are still classified as Christians.
Personally, I think they make up their own regious group. Since they reject Christ, they are really not Christian. They are not Jewish and they are not Islamic. For my questioning, however, it is a semantic argument. They ALL still follow Biblical teachings. And that is what is at the ...[text shortened]... ollowing the right path. There is not even a majority that can agree on a particular TRUE path.
1 JOHN 4:1-5

l

London

Moves
23 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
YES, Neither of them follow the teachings of CHRIST. Nor can either of those Religions Confess 1 JOHN 4:1-5
Neither of whom?

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

True - but just because they cannot all be right simultaneously it doesn't mean that they are all wrong simultaneously. One or more of them could still be correct.
In all things that pertain to GOD, and HIS WORD. Where have you found that at any time in THE WORD OF GOD, that GOD said or taught. That it was good to be both right or wrong. It has always been taught that you are either right or you are wrong.

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

Neither of whom?
Judism and Islam

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
23 Nov 05
2 edits

Ok, uh...BF101 - I did not say the teachings of Christ. I said Teachings of the Bible.... there is a big difference.

Are you ever going to stop preaching and actually speak (type) like a normal person? You are sounding like a broken record stating the same things over and over without actually answering a thing.

b

Moves
23 Nov 05
1 edit

Ok, uh...BF101 - I did not say the teachings of Christ. I said Teachings of the Bible.... there is a big difference.

Are you ever going to stop preaching and actually speak (type) like a normal person? You are sounding like a broken record stating the same things over and over without actually answering a thing.
The Teachings of CHRIST are the Teachings of THE BIBLE. THE BIBLE, which are the teachings of CHRIST, who is THE WORD OF GOD.

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

I have no intentions of stopping speaking THE WORD OF GOD, whether or not you or anyone likes it or not. If I am speaking incorrectly correct me with THE WORD OF GOD.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
23 Nov 05

The Teachings of CHRIST are the Teachings of THE BIBLE. THE BIBLE, which are the teachings of CHRIST, who is THE WORD OF GOD.
The teachings of Christ are PART of the Bibles teaching...there is this HUGE part of it called the Old Testament. You know, that part that has the Ten Commandments near the beginning of it? The part that speaks of the Creation? Adam and Eve?

Actually....nevermind. With every post you more and more prove the point that you are pointless.

R

Moves
23 Nov 05

You can pray to God too! Remember? JC HolySpirit and God? 3 in One!

R

Moves
23 Nov 05

If you pray to God through JC then how can they be the same person?