blindfaith101 - Question for you...

blindfaith101 - Question for you...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
... The problm to understand this is the Human mind is limited to the creation that we live in....
My mind is not limited by this lack of understanding. I know there is more than the common of humanity perceives.

As such, am I no longer human, as I am not limited in this fashion?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
22 Nov 05

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
22 Nov 05

Matters not what you call me. My previous statements stand. You rant an rave against THE WORD OF GOD, as if someone is impressed. Maybe some are, I'm not.
You are humbled by the mysteries of the universe by what science canot explain. No doubt Yet you know little to nothing about it. You admit that GOD created it. Yet you deny HIS Power. HIS Power o ...[text shortened]... NT for JESUS is soon to come. But then again some of you cannot and have no idea how to Repent.
BF, and LH

You are both circumventing the question. What makes the truth you follow, the correct truth? There are dozens of major denominations of Christianity. Each has its own interpretation of the Word of God, even if it is a slight difference from another denomination. What makes yours the right one?

BTW, what IS your denomination? (Both of you)

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
You're not getting it. If this is truly the Word of God, then there is no room for interpretation. It is the Word of God and that is that. It has one meaning. What is that meaning? Whose teaching of that meaning is right, given that each denomination teaches it differently.
As the Word of God, it has a single meaning. Whose teaching of that meaning do you follow?

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05

You're not getting it. If this is truly the Word of God, then there is no room for interpretation. It is the Word of God and that is that. It has one meaning. What is that meaning? Whose teaching of that meaning is right, given that each denomination teaches it differently.
As the Word of God, it has a single meaning. Whose teaching of that meaning do you follow?
If this is truly the Word of God, then there is no room for interpretation.

There will be plenty of interpretation. In some cases, which interpretation one chooses will not matter. In some cases, it will.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Oh sure, I (and the rest of humanity) can interpret things until I am purple in the face.... Does not mean I am right. Does not mean that I interpreted God's Word correctly. The Word of God means what God meant for it to mean....not what is necessarily interpreted by humanity.

My question, which you keep avoiding, is WHICH INTERPRETATION IS CORRECT? They all cannot be correct.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
22 Nov 05

Oh sure, I (and the rest of humanity) can interpret things until I am purple in the face.... Does not mean I am right. Does not mean that I interpreted God's Word correctly. The Word of God means what God meant for it to mean....not what is necessarily interpreted by humanity.

My question, which you keep avoiding, is WHICH INTERPRETATION IS CORRECT? They all cannot be correct.
The Holy Spirit's interpretation is the one and only true interpretation.

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

BF, and LH

You are both circumventing the question. What makes the truth you follow, the correct truth? There are dozens of major denominations of Christianity. Each has its own interpretation of the Word of God, even if it is a slight difference from another denomination. What makes yours the right one?

BTW, what IS your denomination? (Both of you)
There are dozens of major denominations of Christianity. Each has its own interpretation of the Word of God, even if it is a slight difference from another denomination. What makes yours the right one?

If we're talking about the Bible, then my answer would be simple - the Catholic Church decided which books comprise the Bible in the first place.

EDIT: What ivanhoe wrote is, of course, correct.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by ivanhoe
The Holy Spirit's interpretation is the one and only true interpretation.
Again, a vague answer -

Which denomination follows the Holy Spirit's "Interpretation?" (which BTW, cannot be accurate - if the Holy Spirit is simply an extention of God, then there is no interpretation - it is the Word exactly, thus not an interpretation at all.)

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
22 Nov 05

[b]There are dozens of major denominations of Christianity. Each has its own interpretation of the Word of God, even if it is a slight difference from another denomination. What makes yours the right one?

If we're talking about the Bible, then my answer would be simple - the Catholic Church decided which books comprise the Bible in the first place.

EDIT: What ivanhoe wrote is, of course, correct.[/b]
Actually, that it incorrect. The Roman Senate decided which books the Bible would include. There is documentable proof of that. You can go look it up.

However, by your answer, you believe that the Catholic Church is correct.... If that is the case, what of the other denominations of Christianity? Hell - what of the other Biblically based religions? What about Judaism? What about Islamic? What about the divisions within each of those religions?

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05

Actually, that it incorrect. The Roman Senate decided which books the Bible would include. There is documentable proof of that. You can go look it up.

However, by your answer, you believe that the Catholic Church is correct.... If that is the case, what of the other denominations of Christianity? Hell - what of the other Biblically based religions? What about Judaism? What about Islamic? What about the divisions within each of those religions?

If that's your assertion, the burden of proof is on you to provide the evidence. I'm not about to go hunting for some cockamimy conspiracy theory you've seen somewhere you can't remember. Roman Senate indeed!

If that is the case, what of the other denominations of Christianity?

Logically, the interpretations of other denominations will not be completely correct. They needn't be completely incorrect, however.

Hell - what of the other Biblically based religions?

Do you mean Mormonism and the Jehovah's Witnesses?

What about Judaism? What about Islamic?

What about Judaism and Islam?

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

So, how do you know whether a particular translation is true or not?

And what about the decades before the books of the Bible (particularly the New Testament) were written?
Beloved believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ Is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, wherof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is in the world. JOHN 4:1-3 KJV BIBLE
Dearly loved friends, don't always believe you hear just because someone says it is a message from God: test it first to see if it really is. For there are many false teachers around, and the way to find out if their message is from the Holy Spirit is to ask: Does it really agree that Jesus Christ, God's Son, actually became man with a human body? If so then the message is from God. If not the message is not from God but from one who is against Christ, like the "Antichrist" you have heard about who is going to come, and his attitude of enemity against Christ is already abroad in the world. JOHN 4:1-3 TLB
My dear friend, don't believe everything you hear. Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you. Not everyone who talks about God comes from God. There are a lot of lying Preachers loose in the world.
Hers's how you test the the geneuine Spirit of God. Everyone who confesses openly his faith in Jesus Christ- the Son of God, who came as an actual flesh-and-blood preson-comes from God and belongs to God.
And everyone who refuses to confess faith in Jesus has nothing in common with God. this is the spirit of antichrist that you heard was coming. Well, here it is, sooner than we thought.
JOHN 4:1-3 THE MESSAGE BIBLE
These are just a few of the different Translations. They are all translated on a different level of understanding, but they all say same the same thing. The antichrist cannot confess faith in JESUS CHRIST. He cannot acknowledge the saving power of JESUS CHRIST. Neither can He speak or write about Salvation with any conviction. This is just one way you can know whether or not, THE WORD OF GOD is True and real.

l

London

Moves
22 Nov 05

Beloved believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ Is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is ...[text shortened]... conviction. This is just one way you can know whether or not, THE WORD OF GOD is True and real.
Well, I suppose translation doesn't matter for kindergarten theology.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
22 Nov 05

Again, a vague answer -

Which denomination follows the Holy Spirit's "Interpretation?" (which BTW, cannot be accurate - if the Holy Spirit is simply an extention of God, then there is no interpretation - it is the Word exactly, thus not an interpretation at all.)
KnightWulfe: "Again, a vague answer - ... "

Absolutely not.

KnightWulfe: "Which denomination follows the Holy Spirit's "Interpretation?"

The Roman Catholic denomination.

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Well, bf, I think we can agree here - neither one of us wants to be the other. But you're not living according to the "WORD OF GOD" either. How do I know? Because you're not out executing homosexuals, as explicitly called for in the "WORD OF GOD".
As far as killing homosexuals, that's not the job that gave me to do. Besides THE WORD OF GOD, has the power to convict and destroy the spirit of homosexuality. As is being done all over the world. Besides not only are homosexual dying, it is not by my or any other believers hand. They are killing themselves and many innocent people as well. Under the Teachings of CHRIST they get a chance to Repent and serve GOD. Which is better then the way, we used to do it. When we went to the city limits and had a Rock party. Yes JESUS CHRIST way is better for homosexuals, much better. REPENT, for JESUS CHRIST is soon to come.