1. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 17:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you will now explain how engaging in sexual fantasy is in harmony with the Biblical
    admonition to deaden ones body members as respect sexual appetite, if you please.
    I don't walk with a pronounced limp, 'pronounced' "limp". 😉

-m.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 19:32
    So JWs, does masturbation make you gay or not?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 19:59
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    . . . at least ninety-five per cent of boys and young men between thirteen and twenty-five years of age pass through periods of habitual masturbation of varying lengths," says one authority on the subject.
    Who are the 5%? Are they the 144,000?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 20:01
    Originally posted by mikelom
    So are you indicating, or indeed professing, that you never had a play with yourself, in all your youth and pre-marital years??

Come on, pull the other one! 😀

-m. 😉
    In all fairness, the Bible says that we are all sinners, so the fact that we all may have engaged in this activity does not negate its possible sinfulness. In fact, the question is somewhat of a controversial one in Christianity in general apart from the JW spin.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 20:112 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So JWs, does masturbation make you gay or not?
    the article was posted, why dont you read it and try to understand it yourself, instead
    of relying on being spoon-fed all the time, its intellectual laziness on your part.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 20:22
    the article was posted, why dont you read it and try to understand it yourself, instead
    of relying on being spoon-fed all the time, its intellectual laziness on your part.
    I was interested in YOUR opinion. Unlike your organisation I guess...
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 20:26
    Colossians 3:5
    New Living Translation (NLT)

5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

Either one gets this or they don't. God sees everything one does and if one feels comfortable fantasising about who knows what and doing this in plain sight of God then that's ones decision.
    The greed part here could apply to doing this instead of giving what is due to ones marriage mate.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 20:34
    Originally posted by galveston75

5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

Either one gets this or they don't. God sees everything one does and i ...[text shortened]... greed part here could apply to doing this instead of giving what is due to ones marriage mate.
    I get it.

Do you agree with the JW teaching that masturbation leads to homosexuality?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 23:031 edit
    I get it.

Do you agree with the JW teaching that masturbation leads to homosexuality?
    I get it.

No i dont think you do, otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question, what the
    watchtower stated was, that if you engage in sexual fantasy through masturbation and
    then wish to join someone else who in a similar way is also engaging in masturbation
    that it could lead to a homosexual act, If you had read the article you would have
    understood that, Bosse de Nage did, but then again, he read the article and understood
    what it was saying, which he distilled rather excellently in the phrase,

Abstain from circle jerks.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 23:05
    I get it.

No i dont think you do, otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question, what the
    watchtower stated was, that if you engage in sexual fantasy through masturbation and
    then wish to join someone else who in a similar way is also engaging in masturbation
    that it could lead to a homosexual act, If you had read the article you would ha ...[text shortened]... at, Bosse de Nage did, but then again, he read the article and understood
    what it was saying.
    That's not what it said, but I'm not going to argue with you - the point is made.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 23:074 edits
    That's not what it said, but I'm not going to argue with you - the point is made.
    that's what id does say, but you would need to read and understand the article. Clearly
    you have not done either.

Or it can, and frequently does, lead into homosexuality, in which the person, not
    satisfied with his lonely sexual activity, seeks a partner for mutual sex play.

Hard to argue with black and white print.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 15:592 edits

Either one gets this or they don't. God sees everything one does and i greed part here could apply to doing this instead of giving what is due to ones marriage mate.

There is no way a person can apply the truth of this passage if he or she does not have the Holy Spirit. That's no way, no how, and at no time can a person put to death by the Holy Spirit bad habits, if he does not have the indwelling Spirit of Christ - the Holy Spirit. Anything in chapter 6 of Romans is dependent upon the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus in Romans chapter 8.

Since the Watchtower teaching fights tooth and nail the Person of the Holy Spirit, you all can forget about being able to have any experience of any exhortation in Romans chapter 6 about putting to death anything.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 18:17
    The greed part here could apply to doing this instead of giving what is due to ones marriage mate.
    And if one is not married, what then?
  14. Wat?
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 18:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And if one is not married, what then?
    Enjoy Chrimbo. Santa only comes once a year, but he for sure fills your stockings... 😞

p-
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 01:21
    " Eagle Christian " a great series on victorious Christian living by Ern Baxter:

YouTube&feature=related

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree