1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 01:262 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]" Eagle Christian " a great series on victorious Christian living by Ern Baxter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xPjL2A_3K8&feature=related[/b]
    he states that some analogies are designed to shame us, can you think of one instance
    where Christ used guilt to motivate anyone? Ooops i forgot i am excommunicated,
    please ignore, anyone else think of an instance where Christ motivated anyone
    through guilt?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 01:341 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    he states that some analogies are designed to shame us, can you think of one instance
    through guilt?
    One ?? .. here are a few dozen ..

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
    (Matthew 23:13-39)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 01:453 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    One ?? .. here are a few dozen ..

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefo e shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
    (Matthew 23:13-39)
    so what is it that Christ is actuality trying to motivate the Pharisees to do? you have not
    said. What point is he trying to teach them? you have not said, that they are snakes
    and offspring of vipers? Well gee, that's profound, 'oh by the way, your the bad guys',

Epic fail of a post, catastrophic FAIL!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 04:11
    so what is it that Christ is actuality trying to motivate the Pharisees to do?
    You asked for an example of where Christ used shame/guilt to motivate, and you have been given plenty. Why are you now moving the goal posts to include this. There is only one fail here and that is your usual hubris in the face of reason and evidence.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 14:28
    what? I dont celebrate Christmas, Jehovahs Witnesses, a ringing any bells (not sleigh bells naturally)
    Happy Nanukkah.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Happy Nanukkah.
    what are you slavering about now, why would i celebrate this? although i do own a set
    of nanchucks, used to be quite good with them in my youth, after the master, Bruce
    Lee!
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 15:07
    what are you slavering about now, why would i celebrate this? although i do own a set
    of nanchucks, used to be quite good with them in my youth, after the master, Bruce
    Lee!
    Just trying to be nice today. Have a merry and happy whatever. 😉
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 16:25
    Just trying to be nice today. Have a merry and happy whatever. 😉
    I shall be going to my moms for dinner, listening to my father complain, as old men are want to do!
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 17:11
    I shall be going to my moms for dinner, listening to my father complain, as old men are want to do!
    Amen.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 17:16
    Amen.
    what presents did you receive RJH, refills for you stinger missile launcher, a copy of the
    Rise and fall of the third Reich or Bobby Fischer teaches chess?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 17:32
    what presents did you receive RJH, refills for you stinger missile launcher, a copy of the
    Rise and fall of the third Reich or Bobby Fischer teaches chess?
    I got a 7.2V Lithium Black&Decker Drill/Driver, a gallon jar of mixed nuts,
    black Champion sweat paints, and a chess book, Garry Kasparov on Garry
    Kasparov part I: 1973-1985. How about you?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 18:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You asked for an example of where Christ used shame/guilt to motivate, and you have been given plenty. Why are you now moving the goal posts to include this. There is only one fail here and that is your usual hubris in the face of reason and evidence.
    How about the adulterous woman. Those who wanted to stone the woman were asked if they were without sin themselves. Apparently they were all guilty and clearly they were shamed into dropping their stones [no pun intended].
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 18:32
    I got a 7.2V Lithium Black&Decker Drill/Driver, a gallon jar of mixed nuts,
    black Champion sweat paints, and a chess book, Garry Kasparov on Garry
    Kasparov part I: 1973-1985. How about you?
    I like that tool. Im a tool man myself but I go mostly for DeWalt stuff and I have the old 18V tools. Those lithium batteries are cool.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 23:193 edits
    through guilt?
    where Christ used guilt to motivate anyone? Ooops i forgot i am excommunicated, please ignore, anyone else think of an instance where Christ motivated anyone through guilt?

If you knew the power of the blood of Jesus you would not be bothered by guilt or accusation against your conscience.

Maybe this reaction just your subjectivity. The conviction of the Holy Spirit is never simply just to make one feel bad.

You should learn the power the blood of Christ. The overcomers overcame the accuser of the Christian brothers through the blood of the Lamb - (Rev. 12:11.

Now, actually when I got to about the 7th video I think he was drifting someone into something else. But the video series starts out great.

Robbie, you need to learn the redeeming power of the blood of Christ to put you at peace with God and with yourself. I am pretty sure that you will not ever learn that as long as you deny that Christ is your God.

Believing that He is just an angel or archangel is cheating you from experiencing the power of the blood of Christ to shut the mouth of accusation and unrest in the conscience.

"How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, purify your conscience from dead works to serve the living God ?" (Heb 9:14)
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 23:361 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    where Christ used guilt to motivate anyone? Ooops i forgot i am excommunicated, please ignore, anyone else think of an instance where Christ motivated anyone through guilt?

If you knew the power of the blood of Jesus you would not be bothered emish to God, purify your conscience from dead works to serve the living God ?" (Heb 9:14)
    [/b]
    i dont see how the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ and its potency is dependent upon
    whether Christ is God Almighty or not, for it propitiates regardless of these claims.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree