1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 17:515 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What is the difference between Mighty God and Almighty God? Don't you
    believe there is only one God? Are the JWs polytheists or monotheists?
    If they are monotheists, it makes no difference if it says Mighty or Almighty
    because it is the same idea about the one God. Can't the Mighty God be
    Almighty and the Almighty God be Mighty, especially since we are talking
    about the one and only true God?
    Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “you are gods”’?  If he
    called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot
    be nullified,  do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the
    world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?

what is Christ making reference to hear RJH? Here is a clue,

(Psalm 82:1) . . .God is stationing himself in the assembly of the Divine One; In the
    middle of the gods he judges:

(Psalm 82:6) . . .“I myself have said, ‘you are gods, And all of you are sons of the
    Most High.

(1 Corinthians 8:5-6) . . .For even though there are those who are called
    “gods,”whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and
    many“lords,”  there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are
    and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things
    are,and we through him.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 20:091 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “you are gods”’?  If he
    called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot
    be nullified,  do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the

what is Christ making reference t ...[text shortened]... for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things
    are,and we through him.
    So you do not want to answer my questions. So you respond by asking
    me irrelevant questions about judges of men. I am still waiting for your
    answers. Do you believe Jesus is the Mighty God or not. A simple yes or
    no is good enough for me.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 21:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Merry Christmas, jaywill. I for one feel a degree of respect for the scholarly and consistent nature of your endeavours on this forum, that others would have to work hard to equal. Merry Christmas to you.
    Aw Shucks. Thanks FMF.

Happy holidays to you.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 21:191 edit
    yes its short enough and i thank you for it, but please answer the question, why are
    you trying to portray something that is not explicitly stated in the text of Isaiah, it does
    not read Almighty God, does it Jaywill, so why are you saying that it does. Again,

why are you trying to portray something that is not explicitly stated in the text of
    Isaiah, Jaywill. Lets see if you are honest enough to admit your bias, shall we?
    What I write to you is because I do not believe that you enjoy the assurance of salvation.

Charles Russell has cheated you with the gospel of "another Jesus". And I don't think you can admit that you know that you have eternal life.

I only have one verse for from now on.

"I have written these things to you that you may KNOW that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)

Do you have the assurance of your eternal salvation ?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 21:281 edit

what is Christ making reference t ...[text shortened]... for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things
    are,and we through him.
    (1 Corinthians 8:5-6) . . .For even though there are those who are called “gods,”whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and
    many“lords,” there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are,and we through him.

The operative words are "TO US"

TO US -
    genuine Christian disciples, our Father is the one God.

If you do not have the assurance of salvation there is the possibility that you are not of the "US" of those who are saved.

"I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." ( 1 John 5:13)
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 00:001 edit
    So you do not want to answer my questions. So you respond by asking
    me irrelevant questions about judges of men. I am still waiting for your
    answers. Do you believe Jesus is the Mighty God or not. A simple yes or
    no is good enough for me.
    irrelevant? oh dear oh dear, seems like you really are busted this time old man, to us
    there is one God, the father, one son Jesus Christ, Jehovah is not only a mighty God,
    he is the Almighty God,

now, you will answer my questions, you asked about gods, here is a direct reference to
    Jesus Christ , to whom you say you are a follower, making a biblical reference 'to
    gods', who or what are these gods, if you have even a semblance on honesty you will
    attempt the question, otherwise, you are busted and your belief system is a falsehood!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 00:03
    Originally posted by jaywill
    (1 Corinthians 8:5-6) . . .For even though there are those who are called “gods,”whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and
    many“lords,” there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are,and we through him.

The ...[text shortened]... ave eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." ( 1 John 5:13)
    [/b]
    first of all you are not getting away with it jaywill, you have failed to answer,

1. Why because i do not accept that Christ is God almighty I am the antichrist
    2. If you are once saved always saved why did Jesus spoke of the need of
    endurance, Paul of falling away from the faith.
    3.Why are you trying to portray something that is not explicit in the text of Isaiah
    9:6 jaywill?

you claim you are a person of honesty and integrity, you will attempt to answer these
    questions, or you will forever after be known as someone who makes statements,
    without the slightest intent of substantiating them.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 01:20
    irrelevant? oh dear oh dear, seems like you really are busted this time old man, to us
    there is one God, the father, one son Jesus Christ, Jehovah is not only a mighty God,
    he is the Almighty God,

now, you will answer my questions, you asked about gods, here is a direct reference to
    Jesus Christ , to whom you say you are a follower, making ...[text shortened]... will
    attempt the question, otherwise, you are busted and your belief system is a falsehood!
    Judge Judy is one of the gods living today.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 01:25
    Judge Judy is one of the gods living today.
    so lets get this, you as a Christian are mocking the words of Jesus Christ, thanks, that
    all i needed to know, you avoid answering the question because its exposes the
    falsehoods that you are continually telling others, who are these gods that Jesus
    speaks of, anyone, clearly RJH has not the honesty to answer and thus he can only
    muster mockery of Christ words.
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 01:55
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Watchtower 1973 Sep 15 pp.564-5 Breaking Free of Self-Abuse-Why? How?
    A MOST COMMON PRACTICE

[quote]In this age of promiscuity one must agree with the doctors about the general "universality" of masturbation. Look at the statistics: "Every serious statistical study that we have shows clearly that . . . at least ninety-five per cent of boys and youn ...[text shortened]... tion can lead to homosexuality as the article claims?
    I prefer the one about how it makes you turn blind. Much simpler.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 02:19
    so lets get this, you as a Christian are mocking the words of Jesus Christ, thanks, that
    all i needed to know, you avoid answering the question because its exposes the
    falsehoods that you are continually telling others, who are these gods that Jesus
    speaks of, anyone, clearly RJH has not the honesty to answer and thus he can only
    muster mockery of Christ words.
    No, I am not mocking the words of Christ. I'm only trying to bring the
    answer down to your level. Apparently I did not go low enough.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 02:33
    No, I am not mocking the words of Christ. I'm only trying to bring the
    answer down to your level. Apparently I did not go low enough.
    why are you being such a dick? you have now been asked three times to comment on
    a Biblical text containing the words of Jesus Christ quoting directly from the book of
    Psalms and both you and Jaywill, have not the honesty nor the decency to do it, yet
    you continue the charade that you are both disciples of Jesus Christ and avid bible
    students,yet all you can do is act like a dick? why is that?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 02:50
    why are you being such a dick? you have now been asked three times to comment on
    a Biblical text containing the words of Jesus Christ quoting directly from the book of
    Psalms and both you and Jaywill, have not the honesty nor the decency to do it, yet
    you continue the charade that you are both disciples of Jesus Christ and avid bible
    students,yet all you can do is act like a dick? why is that?
    Your attitude of arrogance and stubbornness prevents you from
    understanding and accepting the truth. Swine do not appreciate
    the pearls of wisdom and truth. They trample them under their
    hoofs and bury them in the mud so no one else can get to them.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 02:56
    Your attitude of arrogance and stubbornness prevents you from
    understanding and accepting the truth. Swine do not appreciate
    the pearls of wisdom and truth. They trample them under their
    hoofs and bury them in the mud so no one else can get to them.
    your still acting like a dick!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree