1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I'm well aware of the verse.
    Why don't you believe it? That's what I meant.
    Er, because I'm an atheist.

If you are aware of the verse concerned, why did you say, 'there was a God before Jesus'?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:35
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Er, because I'm an atheist.

If you are aware of the verse concerned, why did you say, 'there was a God before Jesus'?
    Because I highly question the theory that Jesus is God.

With that in mind, it's very frustrating to see how modern Christians completely ignore God and the Old Testament, as if it never existed, and refer only to the "new and improved" God, being Jesus.

There's not much proof that Jesus is God, along with Jesus having never stating it Himself.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:38
    Because I highly question the theory that Jesus is God.

With that in mind, it's very frustrating to see how modern Christians completely ignore God and the Old Testament, as if it never existed, and refer only to the "new and improved" God, being Jesus.

There's not much proof that Jesus is God, along with Jesus having never stating it Himself.
    'There's not much proof that Jesus is God, along with Jesus having never stating it Himself.'

Why stop there? There is not much proof of even God's existence.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:45
    No they don't. Don't make stuff up. They have a doctrine of an Old and New Covenant. I have seen Christians explain it to you very clearly over and over again, multiple Christians, whether you are convincedof it or not. To claim that "Christians completely ignore God and the Old Testament" is a wilful fiction and makes you look like you are just baiting people with this discursive amnesia for the attention it brings you.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:46

What is your take on John 1:18, 'No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.' Or John 10:30, ' The Father and I are one'?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:49
    'There's not much proof that Jesus is God, along with Jesus having never stating it Himself.'

Why stop there? There is not much proof of even God's existence.
    It's a matter of whether a person believes that the Creator is the God of the OT.

God wiping out the Noah people along with the death and destruction of the 10 plagues is suspicious.

Angry, vengeful, jealous, and seemingly happy to destroy and kill everyone but the Jews.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:52
    It's a matter of whether a person believes that the Creator is the God of the OT.

God wiping out the Noah people along with the death and destruction of the 10 plagues is suspicious.

Angry, vengeful, jealous, and seemingly happy to destroy and kill everyone but the Jews.
    To claim that "Christians completely ignore God and the Old Testament" is just you and your online disinhibition kicking sand in the faces of people who have been willing to take the time to explain to you in great detail the thing you are now pretending they "completely ignore".
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:52
    Originally posted by @fmf
    No they don't. Don't make stuff up. They have a doctrine of an Old and New Covenant. I have seen Christians explain it to you very clearly over and over again, multiple Christians, whether you are convincedof it or not. To claim that "Christians completely ignore God and the Old Testament" is a wilful fiction and makes you look like you are just baiting people with this discursive amnesia for the attention it brings you.
    You're wrong.

Christians dismiss the OT God because He's nothing like the NT God.

Or will they concede that Jesus killed mankind in Noah's flood?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:55
    You're wrong.

Or will they concede that Jesus killed mankind in Noah's flood?
    I have read them explain it to you at length and in detail. And you say they "completely ignore" it?? You are like the Nyborgs in Glengarry Glen Ross.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:58
    I have read them explain it to you at length and in detail. And you say they "completely ignore" it?? You are like the Nyborgs in Glengarry Glen Ross.
    You are mistaken.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 15:041 edit
    You are mistaken.
    What you have said is utterly false. That you are unpersuaded or that you are skeptical or that you disagree with the lengthy screeds you have been offered is one thing, but to claim that they "completely ignore" it is flat out false.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 15:09
    They have the doctrine of the Old and New Covenants. I've seen them explain it to you countless times. I've seen them NOT "completely ignore" it countless times in conversations with you. I've seen them tackle it head on for you over and over again
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 15:14
    They have the doctrine of the Old and New Covenants. I've seen them explain it to you countless times. I've seen them NOT "completely ignore" it countless times in conversations with you. I've seen them tackle it head on for you over and over again
    And I disagree.

The God of the OT has been replaced by Jesus. That's the new covenant.

The old covenant is not only gone, it's never really discussed. The God of Abraham has been long forgotten.

If you disagree with me, then so be it!!
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 15:16
    What is your take on John 1:18, 'No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.' Or John 10:30, ' The Father and I are one'?
    Bump for Chaney.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 15:18
    And I disagree.

The God of the OT has been replaced by Jesus. That's the new covenant.

The old covenant is not only gone, it's never really discussed. The God of Abraham has been long forgotten.

If you disagree with me, then so be it!!
    You disagreeing with or disbelieving what they have explained to you over and over and over and over again is not the same as them "completely ignoring" it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree