Burnin' for you

Burnin' for you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
24 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Bump for Chaney.
John 1:18 is not something Jesus said.

John 10:30 is vague and open to interpretation. For example, married couples are said to "be one", but they're still 2 people.

F

Moves
24 Sep 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
...it's very frustrating to see how modern Christians completely ignore God and the Old Testament...
Do you think Christians like KellyJay have also "completely ignored" the Doctrines of Atonement and Eternal Torment and the Trinity as well?

c

Moves
24 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you think Christians like KellyJay have also "completely ignored" the Doctrines of Atonement and Eternal Torment and the Trinity as well?
No.
It's all New Testament stuff.

F

Moves
24 Sep 18

No.
It's all New Testament stuff.
KellyJay and sonship have explained the Old and New Covenant to you more times than I can remember. "Completely ignored" it, you say?

c

Moves
24 Sep 18

KellyJay and sonship have explained the Old and New Covenant to you more times than I can remember. "Completely ignored" it, you say?
What is your problem here??
The fact I said "completely" ignored, instead of 96% ignored??

Give it a rest. It's the damn truth that God is out, and Jesus is in.

F

Moves
24 Sep 18

What is your problem here??
The fact I said "completely" ignored, instead of 96% ignored??.
The fact that you 100% misrepresented them.

c

Moves
24 Sep 18

The fact that you 100% misrepresented them.
My point is that God has been replaced by Jesus.

If my previous wording did not represent the above sentence, then I withdraw those words.

Happy??

F

Moves
24 Sep 18

If my previous wording did not represent the above sentence, then I withdraw those words.

Happy??
That you do not believe some religious teaching about X explained to you, repeatedly, painstakingly, by Mr.A and Mr.B, does not mean Mr.A and Mr.B have "completely ignored" X.

F

Moves
24 Sep 18

You seem to have completely ignored the efforts Christians here have made to explain the Old and New Covenants to you.

P

Moves
24 Sep 18

"I can't see no reason to put up a fight.....I'm living for giving the devil his due".
Burnin' for you, by Blue Oyster Cult.

There is something called "The Elect".....and "Reprobate", that says God has predestined some to go to Heaven, and the rest do NOT. This opposes those that feel our free will can somehow make a difference on our eternal destiny. ...[text shortened]... uoted song seem to come from someone who has possibly stopped fighting, and will just live life.
There is no such thing as predestined. if that were true. then God would be a sadist. only creating for heaven or hell.

But He is not a sadist. even the darkness has free will.

but then you have to wonder about the place christians call hell. If God isnt a sadist, what about hell.

The truth to that question lies in the scripture. Yes a book many read the covers off, but fail to grasp so much of it.

God is Love. He created a place for the fallen. but as scripture states. "it isn't what goes into a person that makes them evil, it is what come out" also scripture talks about the fire of sins. So when we talk about the fires of hell, we are only talking about the fire of our lusts, and the sins of satan. It is the great sin that makes the fire of Hell.

Back to predestined, as i said before, no such thing. Life is all about our own choices.

c

Moves
24 Sep 18

Originally posted by @pudgenik
There is no such thing as predestined. if that were true. then God would be a sadist. only creating for heaven or hell.

But He is not a sadist. even the darkness has free will.

but then you have to wonder about the place christians call hell. If God isnt a sadist, what about hell.

The truth to that question lies in the scripture. Yes a book many ...[text shortened]... ell.

Back to predestined, as i said before, no such thing. Life is all about our own choices.
Like Suzianne, you have ignored completely the terms "the elect" and "reprobate".

Why is that?

P

Moves
24 Sep 18

Happy??
that is funny to read. im sorry it just is.

How does one replace God with God

In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and was God.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

c

Moves
24 Sep 18

Originally posted by @pudgenik
that is funny to read. im sorry it just is.

How does one replace God with God

In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and was God.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
Did Jesus kill all the kids during the 10th plague of Egypt?

P

Moves
24 Sep 18

Like Suzianne, you have ignored completely the terms "the elect" and "reprobate".

Why is that?
i didnt ignore either. Just because i didnt say the words, doesnt mean they were not represented in my message.

you also stated they were predestined. and this is primarily what the responce was on. if you need me to clarify. those who chose of their own free will, will become the Elect. and those who chose from their own free will, will become the reprobate.

P

Moves
24 Sep 18
1 edit

Did Jesus kill all the kids during the 10th plague of Egypt?
yes