1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 12:56
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    theres only so many willy warmers a man can wear!!!
    LOL, too funny 😀
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 13:131 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    On this very forum you admitted to be being, and i quote, 'closed minded' and 'ignorant', with regard to any science which conflicts with your religious beliefs...

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I admit many things for mere expediency...
    An admission is an admission robbie, surely? What does "expediency" have to do with what you admitted?
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 11:56
    Even Galileo's assertions were likewise treated with contempt by his peers, how i feel his pain. Actually my position is somewhat similar to those who reject naturalism and more in line with Newtonian principles, that an observation of the universe is a way to get an insight into the intelligence behind it. You are correct I reject all forms which limit the search for these truths to unintelligent agencies.
    Even Galileo's assertions were likewise treated with contempt by his peers, how i feel his pain.

You liken yourself to Galileo? LOL!!! Talk about delusions of grandeur. Do you think Galileo would deliberately hide himself from knowledge? I doubt it.

You are correct I reject all forms which limit the search for these truths to unintelligent agencies.

Exactly, you've decided what you want to believe (to be exact, the Governing Body has decided for you what you are to believe) and that which conflicts with your chosen religious beliefs is dismissed out of hand. You dare to even go no near that which conflicts with your religious beliefs for fear that 'it may sow seeds of doubt and diminish your convictions'. It's quite sad really that at 43 years old you don't have the courage to read a few simple books and make an evaluation with your own mind.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 12:401 edit
    Even Galileo's assertions were likewise treated with contempt by his peers, how i feel his pain.

You liken yourself to Galileo? LOL!!! Talk about delusions of grandeur. Do you think Galileo would deliberately hide himself from knowledge? I doubt it.

You are correct I reject all forms which limit the search for these truths to unintelligen n't have the courage to read a few simple books and make an evaluation with your own mind.
    I have already explained my position, the idea of life without intelligence is
    preposterous, I came to this conclusion prior to adopting the principles and standards
    of Jehovahs Witnesses making our assertions completely without foundation, but if such
    wanton recklessness with the truth pleases you, then carry on.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 12:591 edit
    preposterous, I came to this conclusion prior to adopting the principles and standards
    of Jehovahs Witnesses making our assertions completely without foundation, but if such
    but if such wanton recklessness with the truth pleases you, then carry on.

LOL!!! I'm firing you're own quotes at you. How can your own words not be the truth?

Let me ask you this - Did you believe in a literal interpretation of Adam & Eve before becoming a Witness? Did you believe in a literal interpretation of the Biblical Flood before becoming a Witness? Making out that the only issue here is your belief in whether there is an intelligence behind the universe or not is absurd.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 12:59
    See, it's the 'without foundation' part that drives non-theists nuts. You just swallow the snake oil dogma without thinking. They present you with statements and you just agree with them without actually doing the reading that might show you how skewed theistic views are.

I can't say there is no god but I sure as hell can say it's not what Jews, Christians, Muslims say it is.

Too many diametrically opposed religions which a god would never set up.

Too many religious wars.

Combined with the fact that theists for the most part put women on a lower plane than men.

NO GOD WOULD SET UP SUCH A SYSTEM.

Let me repeat that:

NO GOD WOULD SET UP SUCH A CRUEL SYSTEM.

We cut off our nose to spite our face with such a system of religion.

Women are exactly as intelligent as men but theists want to be in control so women are relegated to cooking and cleaning and baby making despite the fact they can make solid intellectual contributions to society but theists don't WANT strong women, they want women they can control.

NO GOD WOULD SET UP SUCH A SYSTEM.

Bottom line: Theists don't need help from a god, they are quite capable of making up religions which has happened by the thousands around the world for thousands of years and for the most part made up by men which just conveniently happens to have women on a lower plane than men.

Thus your denial of women as priests or whatever you call it in your religion.

How many women control the money in your religion?

How many women have Phd's vs men with Phd's?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 17:00
    [b]but if such wanton recklessness with the truth pleases you, then carry on.

LOL!!! I'm firing you're own quotes at you. How can your own words not be the truth?

Let me ask you this - Did you believe in a literal interpretation of Adam & Eve before becoming a Witness? Did you believe in a literal interpretation of the Biblical Flood before bec ...[text shortened]... here is your belief in whether there is an intelligence behind the universe or not is absurd.[/b]
    How can your own words not be the truth?

Indeed, we are getting somewhere at last!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 17:011 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    See, it's the 'without foundation' part that drives non-theists nuts. You just swallow the snake oil dogma without thinking. They present you with statements and you just agree with them without actually doing the reading that might show you how skewed theistic views are.

I can't say there is no god but I sure as hell can say it's not what Jews, Christia men control the money in your religion?

How many women have Phd's vs men with Phd's?
    No ranting allowed! and as you have offered nothing but dogmatic statements yourself, delivered in a pompous and bombastic manner, ironic giving that you were ranting about that very thing, may I suggest that you go for a sauna, get a massage and listen to some relaxation music prior to posting in the forum?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 00:451 edit
    No ranting allowed! and as you have offered nothing but dogmatic statements yourself, delivered in a pompous and bombastic manner, ironic giving that you were ranting about that very thing, may I suggest that you go for a sauna, get a massage and listen to some relaxation music prior to posting in the forum?
    lol

"You're stressed, man. Stressed, I say! Come, let's get a rubdown and a meal, both best served by fetching women! What do you say?"
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 01:15
    How can your own words not be the truth?

Indeed, we are getting somewhere at last!
    Que? 😕
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 01:16
    All well and good, nice deflection but you didn't answer the question.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 01:381 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    All well and good, nice deflection but you didn't answer the question.
    dude if someone ranted to me in the street id walk off without saying anything either or possibly offer them the same advice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree