c.o.e. and woman bishops.

c.o.e. and woman bishops.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Do you often attack the veracity of a text without having actually read it?
I am skeptical about ideologues quoting authors and texts that seem to be largely uncorroborated, as you admit Jason DeBuhn's work is. Let me put the same question to you: Do you often attack the veracity of a text without having actually read it? Haven't you had long exchanges with posters like Proper Knob and twitehead about the "merits or veracity" of texts you haven't read or steadfastly refuse to read?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

but wait, you stated there are thousands of scholars, who are these scholars that you are referring to that could corroborate Dr BeDuns text?
OK, you don't need to cite thousands of scholars who corroborate Jason DeBuhn's opinions. Can you cite, say, 20 or 30?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am skeptical about ideologues quoting authors and texts that seem to be largely uncorroborated, as you admit Jason DeBuhn's work is. Let me put the same question to you: Do you often attack the veracity of a text without having actually read it? Haven't you had long exchanges with posters like Proper Knob and twitehead about the "merits or veracity" of texts you haven't read or steadfastly refuse to read?
the question is not about me, its about you, do you often try to undermine the veracity of a text without actually having read it?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
OK, you don't need to cite thousands of scholars who corroborate Jason DeBuhn's opinions. Can you cite, say, 20 or 30?
the question is directed towards you, i have stated three times i cannot cite a single reference, you stated there are thousands, can you cite , lets say five out of these thousands?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Nov 12

so you cannot say, you are merely intent to speculate that they are forgeries without knowing anything about who has allegedly forged them. Interesting.
Who wrote the 'Third Epistle to the Corinthians', Epistle to the Alexandrians and the Epistle to the Laodiceans?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

so you cannot say, you are merely intent to speculate that they are forgeries without knowing anything about who has allegedly forged them. Interesting.
We have a problem with forged bank notes here in Indonesia from time to time. Do you think we cannot discern that they are forged, when we come across them, unless we know who forged them?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Who wrote the 'Third Epistle to the Corinthians', Epistle to the Alexandrians and the Epistle to the Laodiceans?
these are not Biblical works, they are apocrypha

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
We have a problem with forged bank notes here in Indonesia from time to time. Do you think we cannot discern that they are forged, when we come across them, unless we know who forged them?
do you read banknotes as often as you do Dr BeDhuns books?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

the question is directed towards you, i have stated three times i cannot cite a single reference, you stated there are thousands, can you cite , lets say five out of these thousands?
If you "cannot cite a single reference" to a scholar who corroborates the opinions of one that you appear to rely on so heavily, then that is my question answered.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Nov 12
1 edit

these are not Biblical works
Exactly!!! They are letters attributed to Paul which are known to be fake. Who is writing them and why?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

do you read banknotes as often as you do Dr BeDhuns books?
The point being, one does not need to know the identity of a forger to be able to detect his or her forgery.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Exactly!!! They are letters attributed to Paul which are known to be fake.
one only needs to examine the content, how does the content of Timothy and Titus
attest to their lack of genuineness

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
The point being, one does not need to know the identity of a forger to be able to detect his or her forgery.
the point is a bank note is not an epistle to the Romans.

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

one only needs to examine the content, how does the content of Timothy and Titus
attest to their lack of genuineness
Be careful not to fall into the trap of using a circular argument here.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
If you "cannot cite a single reference" to a scholar who corroborates the opinions of one that you appear to rely on so heavily, then that is my question answered.
but you have not answered my questions , have you, you stated that there are
thousands of scholars who, apparently are able or otherwise to corroborate Dr
BeDhuns text, who are these thousands of scholars?