1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 22:27
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Dream on brother.
    haha, its no dream, get your Sassenach butt up here for New year, get a kilt, go to a
    Ceilidh and become a babe magnet, you know its true.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 22:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    haha, its no dream, get your Sassenach butt up here for New year, get a kilt, go to a
    Rob, when your as handsome and as in shape as my good self, a casual glance accompanied with a smile and a wink is enough to do the trick.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 22:42
    Rob, when your as handsome and as in shape as my good self, a casual glance accompanied with a smile and a wink is enough to do the trick.
    dude i am not talking about going to a gay bar, a ceilidh, with ladies! 😛
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 05:57
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you think rosa parks should have just gone and found a bus company that let black people sit where they wanted ?
    What does that have to do with people attending a church they dislike the
    rules of?
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 10:23
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What does that have to do with people attending a church they dislike the
    rules of?
    Kelly
    Who cares what that church does, if you do not
    like the way they do things, find one that goes along with your views if they are
    that important to you.

your implication here is that if woman dont like the rules of the church. rather than change the church they are in they should go and find a church that does. i think its fair to draw a parallel with rosa parks. should she have gone and found a different bus company, or moved to a country without inequality??? no any right minded person knows you should stand up and fight against inequality. the woman of the c.o.e should stand up for their rights and fight the inequality of their church.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 10:29
    the woman do like a kilt, its true. but we all know in the bitter cold of bonnie scotland that the woman, when looking under the sporran are always disappointed to find a twig rather than log to warm their hearths.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 10:361 edit
    the woman do like a kilt, its true. but we all know in the bitter cold of bonnie scotland that the woman, when looking under the sporran are always disappointed to find a twig rather than log to warm their hearths.
    haha, thats why they knit us willy warmers! and call them Angle names like Cedric and
    Spalding Wigglebottom 😛
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 10:511 edit
    haha, thats why they knit us willy warmers! and call them Angle names like Cedric and
    Spalding Wigglebottom 😛
    i probably shouldnt admit this but i received a knitted willy warmer for christmas once. from my grandma, she knitted all the male family members (pun intended) one for some bizarre reason one year. never game it a name though, thats just weird!!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 10:57
    i probably shouldnt admit this but i received a knitted willy warmer for christmas once. from my grandma, she knitted all the male family members (pun intended) one for some bizarre reason one year. never game it a name though, thats just weird!!
    Does your kid believe in Santa?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 11:29
    I appears to me that I am the only one who is truly interested in the scientific method
    and who has gone to great lengths to avoid useless and futile speculations, basing the
    integrity of my text upon soundly established empirical evidence and I make no
    apologies for it, sir!
    Are you like RJHinds when it comes to scientific evidence? Be truthful here. RJ poo poo's any science that tends to disprove creationism and the 10,000 odd year old Earth.

So carbon dating, in fact ANY scientific dating, is out the window as far as he is concerned even though there are thousands of creationists who happen to be scientists and are therefore in a position to discredit dating scientifically and find they cannot, those kind of pesky details he just sloughs off like a dog after a rainstorm.

So when you say you are for the scientific method, which areas do you poo poo?
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 11:511 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you like RJHinds when it comes to scientific evidence? Be truthful here. RJ poo poo's any science that tends to disprove creationism and the 10,000 odd year old Earth.

So carbon dating, in fact ANY scientific dating, is out the window as far as he is concerned even though there are thousands of creationists who happen to be scientists and are theref ...[text shortened]... a rainstorm.

Rob will poo poo the following -

1. Any evidence which supports the evolution of life.
    2. Any evidence which contradicts his literal interpretation of the Biblical Flood.
    3. Any evidence which contradicts his view that humans have only been on the planet for a few thousand years.
    4. Any evidence which contradicts his literal interpretation of Genesis. ie. Adam and Eve.

As you know well that covers probably a vast multitude of scientific fields. For him to claim he supports the scientific method is beyond hysterical and into the land of delusion.

A caveat - He accepts the universe and the earth is billions of years old.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 11:521 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse

So carbon dating, in fact ANY scientific dating, is out the window as far as he is concerned even though there are thousands of creationists who happen to be scientists and are theref ...[text shortened]... a rainstorm.

sorry? Perhaps i have not made my position clear enough,

To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on empirical and
    measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.

In other words we must always offer evidence to substantiate our statements.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 11:551 edit
    sorry? Perhaps i have not made my position clear enough,

To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.
    Let me get this straight. On this very forum you admitted to be being, and i quote, 'closed minded' and 'ignorant', with regard to any science which conflicts with your religious beliefs and now he you are stating what the scientific method is or is not?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 11:581 edit
    Let me get this straight. On this very forum you admitted to be being, and i quote, 'closed minded' and 'ignorant', with regard to any science which conflicts with your religious beliefs and now he you are stating what the scientific method is or is not?
    I admit many things for mere expediency, but then again, i find that i am one of the
    few persons that has actually attempted to read Darwins book. Have you, no? Does
    that make you more or less ignorant and close minded than me?
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 12:03
    I admit many things for mere expediency, but then again, i find that i am one of the
    few persons that has actually attempted to read Darwins book. Have you, no? Does
    that make you more or less ignorant and close minded than me?
    You can dress it up as much as you like, but at the end of the day you don't read science books in case it diminishes your faith. Those are your words not mine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree