c.o.e. and woman bishops.

c.o.e. and woman bishops.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
Why don't you tell us? You seem awfully defensive about your reliance on Jason DeBuhn. I didn't mean to make you go like that. Why not just tell us?
I have not found any other scholars who have made a comparison, after all, your
insistence that there are thousands must turn up some, why dont you tell us which ones
you have examined and make a recommendation, i readily admit that i have not found
another author which has attempted to the same work as Dr BeDhun, but on your
recommendation i will check them out, do tell.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
finding that over 1/3 of their vocabulary is not used anywhere else in the Pauline
epistles; more than 1/5 is not used anywhere else in the New Testament, while 2/3
of the non-Pauline vocabulary are used by 2nd century

drawing conclusions on the basis of counting up the vocabulary and making a
comparison is proof of what? that Paul used a di ...[text shortened]... ter uses a different style, different
vocabulary that it brings into suspicion the authorship.
If a text is written in the style of a known forgery and not in the style of a genuine letter then it is not a nonsense to claim that the authorship is suspicious.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
The essence of my question is how many other scholars - out of the thousands out there - can you cite as concurring with Jason DeBuhn? And we are onto a second thread page of you pointedly not answering it.
please answer the question, do you not think it a good idea to have read the publication prior to a discussion of its merits or veracity?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
If a text is written in the style of a known forgery and not in the style of a genuine letter then it is not a nonsense to claim that the authorship is suspicious.
a known forgery, who forged Pauls text?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

I have not found any other scholars who have made a comparison, after all, your
insistence that there are thousands must turn up some, why dont you tell us which ones
you have examined and make a recommendation, i readily admit that i have not found
another author which has attempted to the same work as Dr BeDhun, but on your
recommendation i will check them out, do tell.
The point is, how many can you cite as corroborating Jason DeBuhn's opinions? You now concede that you are not aware of any, is that right?

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
I find it amusing that people who do not believe or follow the Christian faith can
tell Christians they are doing it wrong when the Christians are doing what they
believe to be the correct thing. Who cares what that church does, if you do not
like the way they do things, find one that goes along with your views if they are
that important to you.
Kelly
do you think rosa parks should have just gone and found a bus company that let black people sit where they wanted ?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
The point is, how many can you cite as corroborating Jason DeBuhn's opinions? You now concede that you are not aware of any, is that right?
so your claim is that there are thousands (your words) of other authors who can
corroborate what Dr Bedhun has written, can you cite one of them, i will follow your
recommendation, I myself have found none, but if you say there are thousands,
perhaps you can.

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

please answer the question, do you not think it a good idea to have read the publication prior to a discussion of its merits or veracity?
I haven't read the book by Jason DeBuhn, but your apparently almost exclusive reliance on him is rather striking. The "merits or veracity" of his opinions might have some light shed upon them if you could cite other prominent scholars who corroborate them.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

we are now on the third page and already you are refusing to answer questions why is that? if you will not answer it then what right do you have to expect others to answer your questions?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

so your claim is that there are thousands (your words) of other authors who can corroborate what Dr Bedhun has written, can you cite one of them, i will follow your recommendation, I myself have found none, but if you say there are thousands, perhaps you can.

If you admit you have found nobody who corroborates Jason DeBuhn's opinions, then I suppose that is the answer I was looking for. Thank you.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
I haven't read the book by Jason DeBuhn, but your apparently almost exclusive reliance on him is rather striking. The "merits or veracity" of his opinions might have some light shed upon them if you could cite other prominent scholars who corroborate them.
thank you, then you have no idea what you are talking about, now confirmed. do you often attack the veracity of a text without having actually read it?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

we are now on the third page and already you are refusing to answer questions why is that? if you will not answer it then what right do you have to expect others to answer your questions?
I haven't read DeBuhn's book, as I said. I find it interesting that you can cite no other scholar who corroborates his opinions.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Nov 12

a known forgery, who forged Pauls text?
How am i supposed to know who forged them?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
[b]so your claim is that there are thousands (your words) of other authors who can corroborate what Dr Bedhun has written, can you cite one of them, i will follow your recommendation, I myself have found none, but if you say there are thousands, perhaps you can.

If you admit you have found nobody who corroborates Jason DeBuhn's opinions, then I suppose that is the answer I was looking for. Thank you.[/b]
but wait, you stated there are thousands of scholars, who are these scholars that you are referring to that could corroborate Dr BeDuns text?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
How am i supposed to know who forged them?
so you cannot say, you are merely intent to speculate that they are forgeries without knowing anything about who has allegedly forged them. Interesting.