c.o.e. and woman bishops.

c.o.e. and woman bishops.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
I find it amusing that people who do not believe or follow the Christian faith can
tell Christians they are doing it wrong when the Christians are doing what they
believe to be the correct thing. Who cares what that church does, if you do not
like the way they do things, find one that goes along with your views if they are
that important to you.
Kelly
what have you to say on the ordination of women. Am I the only christian who is
willing to stand up for the sacred text?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I believe I also regularly cite historians from Suetonius, to Pliny, to
Gibbons etc, all of whose works are to be found in my library.
I don't think you are able to argue that Suetonius, Pliny and Gibbons corroborate the work of Jason BeDhun. Of the thousands of bible scholars out there who have written books, is there a list of a few hundred of them somewhere who concur with BeDhun? Didn't Alfred Edersheim die almost a century before the New World Translation was first published?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

I find it amusing that people who do not believe or follow the Christian faith can tell Christians they are doing it wrong when the Christians are doing what they believe to be the correct thing.
I strongly believe that Christians can believe what they want. But when it comes to their denunciations or condemnation of other people's morality, then I think - in a public discussion - they need to be able to participate in a dissection of the alleged "immorality" and make an actual case, rather than just say they read it in a book.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
I don't think you are able to argue that Suetonius, Pliny and Gibbons corroborate the work of Jason BeDhun. Of the thousands of bible scholars out there who have written books, is there a list of a few hundred of them somewhere who concur with BeDhun? Didn't Alfred Edersheim dies almost a century before the New World Translation was first published?
You asserted that i only ever cite BeDuhn, now demonstrated to have been a
falsehood. Edersheim published in the 1800s, so what if he died before the New world
translation was published, how does that diminish the reliability of his text? He was not
commenting upon textual integrity.

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

You asserted that i only ever cite BeDuhn, now demonstrated to have been a
falsehood. Edersheim published in the 1800s, so what if he died before the New world
translation was published, how does that diminish the reliability of his text? He was not
commenting upon textual integrity.
We are discussing Jason DeBuhn's opinions on the New World Translation are we not?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
We are discussing Jason DeBuhn's opinions on the New World Translation are we not?
No, we are discussing your assertion that i only ever cite one Biblical scholar, now a
falsehood. Have you read Dr BeDhuns book? No then how are you likely to be in a
position to discuss it, do tell.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
22 Nov 12

I find it amusing that people who do not believe or follow the Christian faith can
tell Christians they are doing it wrong when the Christians are doing what they
believe to be the correct thing. Who cares what that church does, if you do not
like the way they do things, find one that goes along with your views if they are
that important to you.
Kelly
So it would be okay for Christians to molest children if Christians believed it was okay to molest children.?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

No, we are discussing your assertion that i only ever cite one Biblical scholar.
When you said "all the things written by Jason BeDhun can be verified", were you not referring to his endorsement of New World Translation?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

Have you read Dr BeDhuns book? No then how are you likely to be in a
position to discuss it, do tell.
Well I am asking you about your apparent reliance on Jason DeBuhn in order to better understand your stance. How many other scholars - out of the thousands out there - can you cite as concurring with Jason DeBuhn?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
When you said "all the things written by Jason BeDhun can be verified", were you not referring to his endorsement of New World Translation?
no, I was referring to his appraisal and evaluation of the Greek text, he does after all
make a comparison of eight other translations as well, but you would know that if you
had read his book.

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well I am asking you about your apparent reliance on Jason DeBuhn in order to better understand your stance. How many other scholars - out of the thousands out there - can you cite as concurring with Jason DeBuhn?
how many other authors have made a comparison between the most popular
translations of the New testament and published their findings? hmmm?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

no, I was referring to his appraisal and evaluation of the Greek text, he does after all
make a comparison of eight other translations as well, but you would know that if you
had read his book.
So you're not referring to the New World Translation at all here?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

how many other authors have made a comparison between the most popular
translations of the New testament and published their findings? hmmm?
Why don't you tell us? You seem awfully defensive about your reliance on Jason DeBuhn. I didn't mean to make you go like that. Why not just tell us?

rc

Moves
22 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
So you're not referring to the New World Translation at all here?
its included in the works that Dr BeDhun evaluated so yes, but again you would know
that if you have read the book, which, it is now apparently obvious that you have not.
Here is a piece of advice, see if you are going to discuss a publication, dont you think
its a good idea to have read the publication, prior to engaging in a discussion of its
merits or veracity?

F

Moves
22 Nov 12

its included in the works that Dr BeDhun evaluated so yes, but again you would know
that if you have read the book, which, it is now apparently obvious that you have not.
Here is a piece of advice, see if you are going to discuss a publication, dont you think
its a good idea to have read the publication, prior to engaging in a discussion of its
merits or veracity?
The essence of my question is how many other scholars - out of the thousands out there - can you cite as concurring with Jason DeBuhn? And we are onto a second thread page of you pointedly not answering it.