1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:34
    Originally posted by sonship
    That is very good. But for the biggest issues of life ?
    So, in your personal search for meaning and purpose, you have conjured up for yourself (or your curiosity/interests/personality has brought you to) some things that you believe are "the biggest issues of life" that do not coincide with mine. So what?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:411 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, in your personal search for meaning and purpose, you have conjured up for yourself (or your curiosity/interests/personality has brought you to) some things that you believe are "the biggest issues of life" that do not coincide with mine. So what?

So in your arranging this question you hope to word it so as to put into my mouth that I "conjured up" for myself God ?

Work on your phraseology. You'll have to be more subtle than that !
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:451 edit
    So in your arranging this question you hope to word it so as to put into my mouth that I "conjured up" for myself God ?

Work on your phraseology. You'll have to be more subtle than that !
    I believe your superstitions are all a figment of your imagination so, with you being a voracious consumer of material that confirms, reaffirms, and strengthens the things you already imagine to be true, I would say "conjure up" is the apt prepositional verb for me to use to communicate exactly what I perceive: a person grasping for meaning, purpose, some greater significance, immortality etc..

You don't have to like it or agree.

Are you going to simply skip the question on the pretext that you and I use different words to describe things?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:46
    Still going with the 'if,' hey Sonship.

That's right. You should be the one happy that a person is not being too dogmatic.

The moon landings 'did' take place. You can sleep soundly tonight.

Well, I have some doubts about the landing. But it doesn't really interfere with my sleep.

Would you be bitter if you we ...[text shortened]... ector OR
    You can bounce a laser beam off of the moon just using ... the moon ?

Which is it?
    Sorry sir, was distracted by your morphing into Freaky.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:48
    I've said it before. Eventually we all will have to trust someone.

You will put your trust in SOMEONE.
    For the biggest issues of life - I'll be a fool for Jesus Christ.

Whose fool are you ?
    You are a fool for Watchman Nee, not Jesus Christ.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:501 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    it is very good that you love family. I also have family which I love.

I recognize that both I and them whom I love are all sinners.
    As a young son, I did at times lie to my parents.
    I am pretty sure that at times my kids were not totally upfront with me.
    Sure, I forgive them.

i recognize that though I love my wife, sometimes I was less than totally honest with her.
    And she with me.

You're a swell guy. But I think you probably have not always been completely honest with your wife too.

So, Someone, transcending these loved ones, I cannot replace with them. The Perfect Person I have to love more. I can love them but live unto Someone higher who cannot be dealt with with less than perfection.

You do as you wish. As for me the best thing i could do for my family is turn my heart over to the Lord Jesus. Then He can love them through me. That's the best.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think it's possible that God arranged to have Jesus executed on millions of other planets for the same reason you believe he was "sacrificed" on this one?
    No. He was sacrificed ones for all.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:54
    This "supernatural" One is worthy of all my love.
    I'll be a fool for Him before Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss or Stephen Hawking (bless their knowledgeable hearts).
    You're addressing me?

I don't recall even once in 10 years here citing any of these people in conversations with you, or anyone else for that matter. What do they have to do with me? I specifically cited, when asked, "My wife. And my children. Relatives. Some close friends", and you say "That is very good" and then no more about it, and then talk about Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss or Stephen Hawking as if I had brought them up. Who asked you to "be a fool" for those writers? I haven't.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    No. He was sacrificed ones for all.
    All planets?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:571 edit
    You're a swell guy. But I think you probably have not always been completely honest with your wife too.
    What does this have to do with supernatural beings that I do not believe in?

If you need to believe in a supernatural entity, angels, demons, a god, in order to feel what you see as properly guilty/forgiven for "not always being completely honest with your wife", then go for it.

This thing about my relationship with my wife is not evidence of anything.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are a fool for Watchman Nee, not Jesus Christ.
    I don't know what you are such a liar. It is really puzzling.

So then, you disagree with Paul's admonitions that sometimes a Christian should hold in high regard some faithful servant of God ?

" Furthermore we ask you, brothers, to acknowledge those who labor among you and take the lead among you in the Lord and admonish you,

And to regard them most highly in love because of their work ..." (1 Thess. 5:12,13)

I would that I be able to regard even you the same way. But unfortunately I cannot yet.
    i cannot as long as you substitute good reasoning from the word of God with ad homs against different faithful servants of God.

Your ad homs in place of good ministry is sadly noted.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 15:05
    Aliens don't warn people about sins.
    So they are less objectionable.
    So, do you think it's possible that God arranged to have Jesus executed on millions of other planets for the same reason as you believe he was "sacrificed" on this one?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 15:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 15:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What does this have to do with supernatural beings that I do not believe in?

If there is anything natural there has to be something supernatural.
    If anything exists there must have been something that always existed.

If everything derives its existence from other things, there has to be a terminal point where Something has existence within itself, un-derived from anything else.

If you need to believe in a supernatural in order to feel what you see as properly guilty/forgiven for "not always being completely honest with your wife", then go for it.

Tell me all about how the male / female, reproduction and family life randomly arose.
    Whose idea was the human family life to begin with?

Tell me all about how nature stumbled and groped toward such a design with no intelligent direction of a plan.

This thing about my wife is not evidence of anything.

Okay, but "I'm a good family man" is no proof that God does not exist.
    Maybe it can keep one busy enough so as to not have to think about ultimate destinies and account-abilities.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 15:15
    If there is anything natural there has to be something supernatural.
    Why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree