1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 12:12
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The odds being against success is the greatest driving force for pushing man to explore and search. The fact is there is life out there, and that is enough to continue despite the odds.
    The fact is there is life out there, and that is enough to continue despite the odds.

You can back up "the fact is is there is life out there" ?
    Should be easy for you to verify the "fact".

How do you know this fact ?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 12:201 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    It has always baffled me how people can reject the notion of a God but then embrace the notion of alien life in the universe.

Obviously, there is more to the mystery of life than this little tiny blue dot.
    Aliens don't warn people about sins.
    So they are less objectionable.

In movies such as "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (both versions) you did have imaginary space visitors warning earthlings of their ways. Usually they are not imagined to be morally higher than human beings, just scientifically so.

So aliens are cooler.
    I mean can you imagine the disappointment if the Independence Day aliens arrived at earth with spaceship loads of New Testaments to distribute ?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 12:26
    Originally posted by sonship
    Aliens don't warn people about sins.
    So they are less objectionable.
    Do you think it's possible that God arranged to have Jesus executed on millions of other planets for the same reason you believe he was "sacrificed" on this one?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 May '17 12:29
    The fact is there is life out there, and that is enough to continue despite the odds.

You can back up "the fact is is there is life out there" ?
    Should be easy for you to verify the "fact".

How do you know this fact ?
    Because there is a God.
    Because the Bible says so.
    - that all of God, and his billions of angels are out there
    - all of the heavenly host is out there
    - all of the billions of inhabitable planets are out there.
    - God is creating worlds and creatures as we speak.

Your mind is small, and you are incapable of independent thinking. You rely on the church and others whom you place on a pedestal to determine what you believe.

The church tells you that God only made man and it is heresy to believe otherwise, and you swallow it.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:34
    Something similar is about to take place concerning the new hype about going to Mars.
    A new generation of dreamers is being whipped up.

My concern is for our children repeating history, IF the moon landing really never took place.

If you have children you don't want them to be led over fool's hill even if their parents once were. You've noticed all the new hype about how we just have to get to Mars ?
    Still going with the 'if,' hey Sonship.

The moon landings 'did' take place. You can sleep soundly tonight.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:372 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Because there is a God.
    Because the Bible says so.
    - that all of God, and his billions of angels are out there

The angels are not subject to instruments of scientific study.
    You know SETI is hardly concerned about angels of God.

- all of the heavenly host is out there

If by "hosts" you mean astronomical bodies that still does not yield any known fact that life is out there.

We just don't know it for a fact.
    We only can speculate.
    You jumped to conclusions declaring it was a known fact.

- all of the billions of inhabitable planets are out there.

It is not known for a FACT that any of them have living beings on them.
    It could be that God is teasing us just for us to appreciate how unique the planet earth is.

No FACT of extraterrestrial life yet.

- God is creating worlds and creatures as we speak.

This is merely speculation.

Your mind is small,

That doesn't yield any FACT that life is elsewhere in the universe.
    We have speculation. And that is all.

Find some life first then declare it as a FACT.
    You are always able to entertain a belief of life on another planet/s.

and you are incapable of independent thinking.

Firstly, that is a lie.
    Secondly, even if it were true its doesn't MAKE life elsewhere in the universe your FACT.

You rely on the church

Excuse me. The New Testament says that the church is "the pillar and base of the truth" . Go find it. Look in the epistles to Timothy.

Relying on my local church does not make extraterrestrial life your FACT.

and others whom you place on a pedestal to determine what you believe.

Firstly, to speak highly of faithful servants of God is even what the Apostle Paul advised.

" Furthermore we ask you, brothers, to acknowledge those who labor among you and take the lead among you in the Lord and admonish you. And regard them most highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves." (2 Thess. 5:12)

How do I know your whinning about putting people on a pedestal is not just an expression of your unruliness, unthanfulness, lack of spiritual discernment and petting envy ?

Secondly, putting fellow Christians on a pedestal (which I do not do) does not render your life on other worlds more than speculation.

You still have no FACT of such as you recklessly stated.

The church tells you that God only made man and it is heresy to believe otherwise, and you swallow it.

So you're now talking about what the Bible says. Genesis 1:26,27 God made man.

Identify the unambiguous passage declaring God made life on other planets.
    and if you cannot locate the clear and unambiguous verse stating that then admit that all you have is speculation.

You don't know.
    Neither do I.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:39
    You don't know.
    Neither do I.
    If you're admitting that neither of us know about the origin of life here or anywhere, then we agree.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you're admitting that neither of us know about the origin of life here or anywhere, then we agree.
    I admit that no one was there to witness it.
    That's nothing new.

I have no problem saying that I have a faith that God has revealed the truth.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:501 edit
    I admit that no one was there to witness it.
    That's nothing new.

I have no problem saying that I have a faith that God has revealed the truth.
    Yes. And I understand faith, And what you have faith in.

But neither you or I know about the origin of life. You have a 'faith perspective' on what you feel very certain was the origin of life. And I simply admit that (like you) I don't actually know, and I don't a 'faith perspective' on it either.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:574 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

That's right. You should be the one happy that a person is not being too dogmatic.

Well, I have some doubts about the landing. But it doesn't really interfere with my sleep.

Would you be bitter if you were to one day get some future declassified information that the landings were staged? I am told, by someone who believes the landings, who was a military person, that there were staged landings whose limitation of classified status WILL run out one day in some years to come.

Now something has been bugging me lately. It seems in dispute whether or not a laser can bounce off the surface of the moon without a laser reflector. Now I have been told that it can't happen. Therefore the lasers bouncing beams off the moon must prove that reflectors were left there.

But here's the thing, they have invented lunar orbiting vehicles which specifically bounce laser beams off of the surface of the moon anywhere they choose, to map and measure the moon's surface.

So which now do I believe?
    You cannot bounce a laser beam off of the moon without a reflector OR
    You can bounce a laser beam off of the moon just using ... the moon ?

Which is it?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. And I understand faith, And what you have faith in.

But neither you or I know about the origin of life. You have a 'faith perspective' on what you feel very certain was the origin of life. And I simply admit that (like you) I don't actually know, and I don't a 'faith perspective' on it either.
    I've said it before. Eventually we all will have to trust someone.

You will put your trust in SOMEONE.
    For the biggest issues of life - I'll be a fool for Jesus Christ.

Whose fool are you ?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:10
    I've said it before. Eventually we all will have to trust someone.

You will put your trust in SOMEONE.
    For the biggest issues of life - I'll be a fool for Jesus Christ.

Whose fool are you ?
    My wife. And my children. Relatives. Some close friends.

I( don't see why I have to be a "fool" for any of them. Do you mean, I'd go to any lengths to do the right thing by them? "Fool" in that sense?

I suppose it's true that "eventually we all will have to trust someone".

But I don't think we all have to trust some sort of supernatural being.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:251 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

I( don't see why I have to be a "fool" for any of them. Do you mean, I'd go to any lengths to do the right thing by them? "Fool" in that sense?

Why trust someone if you believe they are just a random collection of atoms that that formed by chance without being designed for any specific purpose?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:27
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Why trust someone if you believe they are just a random collection of atoms that that formed by chance without being designed for any specific purpose?
    Because I am a human being and I love and trust the people I listed to varying degrees.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:282 edits
    Originally posted by FMF

That is very good. But for the biggest issues of life ?

If all nature came into existence at some singularity, then whoever brought that event about HAD to be "super - natural".

Anyway, this supernatural one Jesus engenders my love because though being that, He came along side of us, suffering with us, receiving the worst dishing out of misfortune, along with us.

He didn't use any supernatural status to save Himself from passing through in co-manner the harshest dealings the rest of us mortals have to face. He got down WITH us.

You remember? Back in the old days when you read this and supposedly believed it ?
    Re-call when you believed Philippians 2:6-9.

" [Christ] Who existing in the form of God, did not consider being equal with God a treasure to be grasped,

But emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, becoming in the likeness of men; And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself,

becoming obedient even unto death, and that the death of a cross. Therefore also God highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name ..."

This "supernatural" One is worthy of all my love.
    I'll be a fool for Him before Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss or Stephen Hawking (bless their knowledgeable hearts).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree