1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:30
    Calling All Aliens

I’m always amazed at how many people chase fantasy more than reality, missing the obvious, in search of what doesn’t even exist. SETI, an acronym for Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence has $30-million radio telescopes stationed near Mt. Shasta and pointed into space…listening. After many years searching millions of stars, over 10 billion radio channels, hoping to hear some extra-terrestrial life, they have heard nothing…absolutely nothing. Running after the mirage of distant life, we miss the miracle of God’s present life. The Bible says, “Professing themselves to be wise, they have become fools.” (Romans 1:22, KJV) Today, connect to the God who is; the One person worth hearing and listening to. He’s only a humble prayer away. “Call to me and I will answer you…” (Jeremiah 33:3, ESV)

http://francisanfuso.com/klove-features-april-2017/
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '17 14:11
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Calling All Aliens

I’m always amazed at how many people chase fantasy more than reality, missing the obvious, in search of what doesn’t even exist. SETI, an acronym for Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence has $30-million radio telescopes stationed near Mt. Shasta and pointed into space…listening. After many years searching millions of stars, over 10 ...[text shortened]... I will answer you…” (Jeremiah 33:3, ESV)

Is it possible for someone to believe in God and still participate in SETI?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 May '17 14:55
    Calling All Aliens

I’m always amazed at how many people chase fantasy more than reality, missing the obvious, in search of what doesn’t even exist. SETI, an acronym for Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence has $30-million radio telescopes stationed near Mt. Shasta and pointed into space…listening. After many years searching millions of stars, over 10 ...[text shortened]... I will answer you…” (Jeremiah 33:3, ESV)

You get that the universe is pretty big, right?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:08
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You get that the universe is pretty big, right?
    A few concepts difficult for many Christians to appreciate is the size of the universe, the amount of galaxies, suns, planets there are, and the length of eternity.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:12
    Calling All Aliens

You could've said the same thing about man trying to fly.

Humans have been trying to fly at least since Da Vinci (1400s"😉. People could've shaken their heads at these "foolish" men trying to do what "God" didn't design them to, or even claimed that man is trying to be like God and reach the heavens, hence, why he's failing. Comparisons to the Tower of Babel could've been made to highlight the fruitlessness of man trying to be like the birds.

I'm sure doubters like you at one point said "humans have been trying to fly for a LONG...time, since the tales of Icarus; yet...nothing." Humans have now been to the moon.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 19:03
    Calling All Aliens

Yes, amazing that people would spend all that money and brain power to search for extra-terrestrial intelligence when they can find extra-terrestrial intelligence in the form of God, which in principle requires neither money nor brain power (the less brain power, the better, I always say). Of course, that doesn't stop religion from being a major money pit. For thirty million dollars, we should stick to building creationist museums depicting humans frolicking alongside theropods; perhaps more megachurches; and other cool stuff like that.

I think it should be granted that your blogger is an expert on the subject of obscene amounts of money and time spent on the search for extra-terrestrial intelligence that doesn't exist: he/she is a member of the Christian community, right?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '17 20:51
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Yes, amazing that people would spend all that money and brain power to search for extra-terrestrial intelligence when they can find extra-terrestrial intelligence in the form of God, which in principle requires neither money nor brain power (the less brain power, the better, I always say). Of course, that doesn't stop religion from being a major money pi ...[text shortened]... rrestrial intelligence that doesn't exist: he/she is a member of the Christian community, right?
    Well then, let's hear it direct from your alien intelligence then, not gonna believe ANY human on the subject. If this god of yours wants me to believe, all it has to do is call ANYTIME of the day or night. Without humans saying how good it is or great or whatever.

Let It say for itself. What, you can't manage that? I have to just take your WORD for it? Forget it. Humans telling me about god, what a joke.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 May '17 22:59
    SETI, an{sic} acronym for Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence
    Can you tell us about the others?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 May '17 23:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Is it possible for someone to believe in God and still participate in SETI?
    No.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 May '17 23:331 edit
    Not your god , eh Joe ?

BTW SETI are looking in the wrong place and in the wrong way ..

If you guys are really interested you should start by trying to understand the difference between E.T. 's and aliens.
    I've mentioned this before, but no one really got it.

Extra-Terrestrials are indigenous to whatever planet they find themselves on. They are in living in 'direct lighting' (whereas we live in 'indirect lighting' ) .

And aliens are aliens. They have no business in interfering in Earths evolution.

Thank you
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 May '17 23:43
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Not your god , eh Joe ?

BTW SETI are looking in the wrong place and in the wrong way ..

If you guys are really interested you should start by trying to understand the difference between E.T. 's and aliens.
    I've mentioned this before, but no one really got it.

Extra-Terrestrials are indigenous to whatever planet they find themselves on. They ...[text shortened]...

And aliens are aliens. They have no business in interfering in Earths evolution.

Thank you
    Smoke more dope karoly. The idea that aliens exist is pure delusion. Zilch for evidence.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '17 23:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    No.
    Care to say why?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '17 23:52
    Smoke more dope karoly. The idea that aliens exist is pure delusion. Zilch for evidence.
    What about the idea that the all powerful God in which you believe, that existed for millions of eons before our time, created only one planet with life?

To me that is the definition of pure delusion... that God created man and then lay on a beach in Bali sipping cocktails, and did nothing since.

God has been creating galaxies and life all over this universe for eons and eons. If not the idea of a God makes no sense.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 May '17 23:55
    Block it out all you want, I know you are scared. Behind all that bluster all you really have is one idea to explain all of existence, which is tragically exhaustive.

As for dope do you have any? Are you wanting me stay stoned so I don't have energy to post or ... nope ... you're just a discriminating madman that doesn't even look at info because of the person delivering it .... HHahahahahaarrrr 😀
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 May '17 23:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What about the idea that the all powerful God in which you believe, that existed for millions of eons before our time, created only one planet with life?

To me that is the definition of pure delusion... that God created man and then lay on a beach in Bali sipping cocktails, and did nothing since.

God has been creating galaxies and life all over this universe for eons and eons. If not the idea of a God makes no sense.
    And I would take the idea of learning the lessons of 'Christ-hood' into the greater universe. We should be in touch with our planet before we try to get on touch with others.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree