1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '17 00:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Block it out all you want, I know you are scared. Behind all that bluster all you really have is one idea to explain all of existence, which is tragically exhaustive.

As for dope do you have any? Are you wanting me stay stoned so I don't have energy to post or ... nope ... you're just a discriminating madman that doesn't even look at info because of the person delivering it .... HHahahahahaarrrr 😀
    Scared? Dude, I'm sittin' here a thousand miles from anything to be afraid of.

But I've been scared. Have you? Ever had anyone hunting you down to kill you? Then you've never been scared.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 May '17 00:54
    And I would take the idea of learning the lessons of 'Christ-hood' into the greater universe. We should be in touch with our planet before we try to get on touch with others.
    I disagree that anything should stop humans on Earth from attempting to contact other life in the universe.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '17 01:433 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I disagree that anything should stop humans on Earth from attempting to contact other life in the universe.
    It will probably be a LOOONG search. Thing is, we humans now have the capability of hearing OURSELVES from the other side of the galaxy, our radio telescopes are that sensitive but so far nothing of intelligent nature coming our way.

The problem could be this: Here we are in a nice cozy galactic neighborhood with literally billions of stars within 100,000 light years or so. Now it may be that high tech civilizations have a certain life span, for whatever reason, they start out spewing radio waves and maybe THZ and IR and visible laser signals into space.

We have done that for say 100 years or so.

So now OUR signals are contained in a sphere with a radius of 100 light years, a sphere 200 light years across so there is no getting around the fact that anyone within 100 light years with stuff as sensitive as ours will hear US.

So suppose someone out there 100 light years away hears our signals and decides to answer, HI THERE, WE ARE THE KLUTES, WE LIVE ON THE PLANET KLUTE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS, followed by cutsey pics of their home land.

But of course we don't hear that signal at all till the year 2117 and we send a reply, they don't hear it till our year 2217 and we go HI BACK, YOU LIKE MUSIC? and we send some Frank Sinatra...

They send back, Great stuff! now its 2317 and so forth.

Now that might be barely possible

But suppose that projected civilization is not 100 light years away but 10,000 light years away.

So our growing sphere of radio wave, that wavefront is proceeding slowly through the galaxy and 10,000 years later a civilization is there able to pick up our signals and answers. but this time the answer comes to us in the year 22,017. A bit of a stretch to think that we would even HAVE a technical civilization that far in the future or even if humanity would exist then. Now jump that forward, suppose that civilization is not 10,000 light years way but 100,000 light years away.

So 100,000 years from now, they have gone from cave men to advanced civilization like Earthy's and they now pick up our signals which have been traveling 100,000 years.
    They go, WOW, we are not alone. Send back a signal of their own, they have not much idea how far away we are but they send their stuff anyway.

Now 200,000 years have gone by on Earth. What will we be THAT far in the future?

Now suppose we and say just for grins, a general rule of civilizations is they seldom last 10,000 years. So suppose there is a civilization that is 30,000 light years away.
    Our wave front reaches them 30,000 years later but their civilization has long gone from hi tech to low tech maybe back to hi tech three or four times, and we catch them on a down cycle.

Then they get high tech back say 10,000 years later. So OUR civilization goes bonkers at say 5000 years from now and we maybe don't perish but are pushed back to era's like ancient Greece or such, no tech to speak of, certainly had forgotten radio and the like.

So our wavefront goes by, 5,000 years of it, their civilization has their ups and downs and our 5000 year long signal dies down and continues on it's way through the galaxy but THAT civilization that had a chance to hear our signals now has not the capability of listening in so it's like 2 ships passing by in the night, neither one knowing about the other even though they might have been the best of friends if they knew each other.

THAT is the problem of finding aliens.

Another thing, suppose our civilization grows to the extent that we stop for whatever reason, to send out radio waves, suppose we realize we are polluting the galaxy or some such or we simply grow past the need for radio and now we modulate neutrino beams, whatever, now the wavefront is say only 200 light years deep, it goes by, that 200 year wide signal path, goes by a lot of civilizations in the wrong stage of their existence to hear us so another set of ships passing in the night.

The gist of that: if we hope to really speak with aliens, they bloody well better be within 100 light years or so, preferably TEN light years away.

But we have already sussed out most of the local neighborhood a few hundred light years out with nothing heard.

So to me, it's a great effort and radio telescopy will gain a lot from the effort in terms of much better and more sensitive receivers with much narrowerer bandwidth detection and modulation and demodulation schemes, I don't hold out much hope for actual aliens to be heard in OUR neighborhood. Maybe we will get a hit from something all the way cross the galaxy but though nice, that would definitely be a one way transmission, but maybe they would know that and start transmitting the encycopedia Galactica like Carl Sagan suggests....
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 May '17 05:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ever had anyone hunting you down to kill you?
    Then you've never been scared.
    You talking about Predator?

Arnie!
    Arnie ... is that you?
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 May '17 07:09

But I've been scared. Have you? Ever had anyone hunting you down to kill you? Then you've never been scared.
    Okay MacGyver.

Would the discovery of alien life make you feel a little less special?

The idea that Earth alone in the vastness of space is the only planet to sustain life is laughable. Even from a Christian point of view it would be crazy to think God created trillions of planets and only put life on one of them. 🙄
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 May '17 07:29

I mean scared of 'aliens' .

You're going to tell me if you saw an alien looking entity you wouldn't be scared .

You prolly wouldn't even see it right ?

Someone hunting me down? Have you ever been hunted?
    Still scared of your fellow man? That's why they wont reveal themselves. Get it?

Have fun in your day dream, phew
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 May '17 07:31
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    We have like a psychological 'disease' . No E.T. 's in their right mind would want to contact us.
    We need to have unity consciousness before any progress can be made here.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 May '17 07:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It will probably be a LOOONG search. Thing is, we humans now have the capability of hearing OURSELVES from the other side of the galaxy, our radio telescopes are that sensitive but so far nothing of intelligent nature coming our way.

The problem could be this: Here we are in a nice cozy galactic neighborhood with literally billions of stars within 100,00 ...[text shortened]... ey would know that and start transmitting the encycopedia Galactica like Carl Sagan suggests....
    Why didn't NASA go back to the moon?

One theory is that they were scared off by aliens.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 May '17 08:49

Another theory is that the moon is made of cheese.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 10:59

More likely scared off by furious US tax payers.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '17 11:02
    Originally posted by sonship
    More likely scared off by furious US tax payers.
    Well, you have serious doubts we went there in the first place so why do you care?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '17 11:311 edit
    Well, you have serious doubts we went there in the first place so why do you care?
    Something similar is about to take place concerning the new hype about going to Mars.
    A new generation of dreamers is being whipped up.

My concern is for our children repeating history, IF the moon landing really never took place.

If you have children you don't want them to be led over fool's hill even if their parents once were. You've noticed all the new hype about how we just have to get to Mars ?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 May '17 12:04
    We have like a psychological 'disease' . No E.T. 's in their right mind would want to contact us.
    We need to have unity consciousness before any progress can be made here.
    Ok we disagree here.🙂
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 May '17 12:06

The problem could be this: Here we are in a nice cozy galactic neighborhood with literally billions of stars within 100,00 ...[text shortened]... ey would know that and start transmitting the encycopedia Galactica like Carl Sagan suggests....
    The odds being against success is the greatest driving force for pushing man to explore and search. The fact is there is life out there, and that is enough to continue despite the odds.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 May '17 12:08
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Calling All Aliens

I’m always amazed at how many people chase fantasy more than reality, missing the obvious, in search of what doesn’t even exist. SETI, an acronym for Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence has $30-million radio telescopes stationed near Mt. Shasta and pointed into space…listening. After many years searching millions of stars, over 10 ...[text shortened]... I will answer you…” (Jeremiah 33:3, ESV)

http://francisanfuso.com/klove-features-april-2017/
    It has always baffled me how people can reject the notion of a God but then embrace the notion of alien life in the universe.

Obviously, there is more to the mystery of life than this little tiny blue dot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree