Calling All Aliens

Calling All Aliens

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
No one has claimed that you fabricated or invented the Jesus story. The insinuation that anyone has is a straw man, sonship.
No one has claimed that you fabricated or invented the Jesus story. The insinuation that anyone has is a straw man, sonship.

Ya said its a superstitious figment of my imagination.

F

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by sonship
So let's see now - no one has claimed any fabrication of any part of the Son of God story by me.
A figment of the imagination is a fantastic notion, an imagined story or theory, something your imagination seizes upon or imagines to be real. I have not claimed that the story of Jesus originated with you; I have not claimed that the story of Jesus is something you invented. It is, as we both know, approximately 2,000 years older than you.

F

Moves
25 May 17

Ya said its a superstitious figment of my imagination.
I have not claimed that the Jesus story originated with you. It's a straw man. And yes, if you believe in supernatural causality, then you are superstitious.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
A figment of the imagination is a fantastic notion, an imagined story or theory, something your imagination seizes upon or imagines to be real.

I see. Sounds like some atheists I know.

Now I am presently imagining in my imagination Mr. Everest.
Does that mean it doesn't exist ?

I have not claimed that the story of Jesus originated with you; I have not claimed that the story of Jesus is something you invented. It is, as we both know, approximately 2,000 years older than you.

Yes, the gospel has marvelously stood the test of time.
Good point.

F

Moves
25 May 17

i recognize that though I love my wife, sometimes I was less than totally honest with her. And she with me. You're a swell guy. But I think you probably have not always been completely honest with your wife too.
Do you need a supernatural being to punish you or forgive you for being dishonest to your wife? Do you think I do?

F

Moves
25 May 17
1 edit

FMF: A figment of the imagination is a fantastic notion, an imagined story or theory, something your imagination seizes upon or imagines to be real.

I see. Sounds like some atheists I know.
Well then you should at least be able to empathize with people who find your notions outlandish if you you have the same feeling about their beliefs..

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I have not claimed that the Jesus story originated with you. It's a straw man. And yes, if you believe in supernatural causality, then you are superstitious.
And yes, if you believe in supernatural causality, then you are superstitious.

At this present time I am compelled to because energy, matter, time, space are believed by many cosmologists to have had a BEGINNING.

Mostly die hard atheists scared where the notion may lead them are hand-waving around a theory that either "nothing" is not really nothing or there are infinite numbers of universes.

Surely in one of these we can hide out from God in peace.
LOL.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Do you need a supernatural being to punish you or forgive you for being dishonest to your wife? Do you think I do?
My point was made. Being a good family man, does not for me, mean no ultimate One to whom final allegiance is due and transcends all other relationships - in that even though they are quite legitimate.

"He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of Me"

You must recall Jesus saying that. He meant nothing can be placed as a idol to replace His priority.

Anything that replaces God is a an idol.
I too love my family. They are not idols to usurp the highest place in my being for God.

In fact I have found this the very best way to love them effectively.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Christ is the most normal man. So on one hand "supernatural" I could apply to Jesus. But on the other hand His incarnation renders Him absolutely among and with us.

I need Him to purify my fallen love infusing that emotion with Himself - the highest normal man who ever lived.

I think your quip about "supernatural" fails to appreciate that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. He became like us so that we might also become like Him.

What's your better plan for human beings ?

F

Moves
25 May 17

My point was made.
What point were you making about you being dishonest with your wife (and me with mine)?

F

Moves
25 May 17

What's your better plan for human beings ?
That you feel people have to tout a "plan for human beings" to compete with yours sounds like an unintended monument to your vanity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
That you feel people have to tout a "plan for human beings" to compete with yours sounds like an unintended monument to your vanity.
Either that or your monumental evasion in the face of a poverty of alternatives.

F

Moves
25 May 17

I think your quip about "supernatural" fails to appreciate that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. He became like us so that we might also become like Him.
You seek to dismiss the word "supernatural" as being a "quip"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17

Okay, FMF, Let's say I am monstrously vain.

Regardless, do you have something better than the Son of God and His teaching ?
Don't let my pride get in your way.

Contribute something positive here.

F

Moves
25 May 17

Either that or your monumental evasion in the face of a poverty of alternatives.
Alternative to what? If you want to read your Bible, and go to prayer meetings, and mix with people who believe - like you - that they are immortal and read stuff that confirms it and confirms it and confirms it again in your mind, then go ahead and do it. Why do you need me to offer you an alternative?