1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 05:20
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Nobody is asking you about pink unicorns.
    You don’t understand metaphors?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 05:23
    It's a thought exercise. You'll still be a Christian and have your "true" religion after you engage in it.
    I’m not worried about that.

I think it’s a waste of time and that you’re being deceptive in your motives for doing it.

Now that I’ve pointed out, I’ll leave the thread alone.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 05:25
    I have claimed nothing of the sort. If anyone turns up here and sincerely claims that he or she has details about promises, threats, demands and punishments they reckoned the pink unicorn had specified in a revelation of itself, then there may be some parallels with Christianity.

It's deceptive of you to suggest that I have claimed that a pink unicorn about ...[text shortened]... uth claims is the equivalent of Christianity about which people make all manner of truth claims.
    Like I already said, would it really matter if the group of people who believed pink unicorns existed also claimed the unicorns said a bunch of stuff?

Then you’d be interested enough to spend hours every day debating with them?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 05:321 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Like I already said, would it really matter if the group of people who believed pink unicorns existed also claimed the unicorns said a bunch of stuff?

Then you’d be interested enough to spend hours every day debating with them?
    No amount of you mentioning pink unicorns is going to deflect me. Jesus is a key, revered figure in both Islam and Christianity; between them, they have almost 4,500,000,000 adherents and overlapping theologies stretching back centuries and centuries, which include similar notions of "salvation" through faith and almost identical conceptions of "hell". The OP's thought exercise is not a flying spaghetti monster or pink unicorns type thought exercise.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 05:33
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I’m not worried about that.

I think it’s a waste of time and that you’re being deceptive in your motives for doing it.

Thank you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 05:57
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Christians apparently do not believe in thought exercises. 😛
    You called it on page 2!
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 06:11
    You called it on page 2!
    There are exceptions, of course, but I've seen this time and time again on this forum.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 06:52
    There are exceptions, of course, but I've seen this time and time again on this forum.
    There is of course the kind of thought exercise that the likes of Fetchmyjunk/dj2becker come up with that are along the lines of Assuming you knew the Bible was true, why would you reject the meaning of Christ's resurrection?, or similar dopey debating gambits, that I don't bother with.

Most Christians I know in real life would fare OK in the OP's scenario aside from the trip to Mecca stipulation.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 22:19
    Do you think Sun-Tzu would advocate his student of war to "visualize" his own defeat?

This is precisely what you are asking Christians to do in this thread. This is not a new tactic of yours.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 23:16
    Christians apparently do not believe in thought exercises. 😛
    And they'll say almost anything to get out of doing them. 😛
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 03:15
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Do you think Sun-Tzu would advocate his student of war to "visualize" his own defeat?

This is precisely what you are asking Christians to do in this thread. This is not a new tactic of yours.
    That’s a very astute observation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree