Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    16 Feb '18 08:24
    Calling all Christians: if you're wrong, and Islam is right, and assuming you pass the 'faith' requirement for your belief in the Abrahamic God [and you're forgiven for being sidetracked by the Christian distortion of the Prophet Jesus story], how do you think you will fare?

    http://www.religionfacts.com/islam/salvation

    https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/3681/salvation-in-islam-part-1/

    http://strivingforeternity.org/resources/world-religions/islam/what-is-salvation-in-islam/
  2. Subscriber Ragwort
    Ex Duris Gloria
    16 Feb '18 08:41
    FSM DEITIES LTD

    Dear Supplicant,

    We are writing to inform you that we have recently acquired the milky way franchise. Whilst your basic salvation offer has not been affected certain previous benefits can no longer be provided. The relevant scriptural updates can be found on our website. Your custom is important to us and we apologise for any inconvenience caused during the changeover period.

    Yours sincerely...
  3. Standard member dj2becker
    rentrer à la maison
    16 Feb '18 09:08
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Calling all Christians: if you're wrong, and Islam is right, and assuming you pass the 'faith' requirement for your belief in the Abrahamic God [and you're forgiven for being sidetracked by the Christian distortion of the Prophet Jesus story], how do you think you will fare?

    http://www.religionfacts.com/islam/salvation

    https://www.islamreligion.com/articl ...[text shortened]... 1/

    http://strivingforeternity.org/resources/world-religions/islam/what-is-salvation-in-islam/
    I’m guessing better than you.
  4. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    16 Feb '18 09:16
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I’m guessing better than you.
    The OP is not about non-believers. Didn't you read it?

    How would you do if you're wrong [about Christianity] and Islam is right?
  5. Standard member dj2becker
    rentrer à la maison
    16 Feb '18 09:35 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The OP is not about non-believers. Didn't you read it?

    How would you do if you're wrong [about Christianity] and Islam is right?
    My response is about me, a believer. Didn't you read it?

    I'm guessing I would do better than you.
  6. 16 Feb '18 09:46
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Calling all Christians: if you're wrong, and Islam is right, and assuming you pass the 'faith' requirement for your belief in the Abrahamic God [and you're forgiven for being sidetracked by the Christian distortion of the Prophet Jesus story], how do you think you will fare?

    http://www.religionfacts.com/islam/salvation

    https://www.islamreligion.com/articl ...[text shortened]... 1/

    http://strivingforeternity.org/resources/world-religions/islam/what-is-salvation-in-islam/
    Certainly not as well as being a Christian I think. But I’m not well read on the technicalities of Islamic salvation. I did have a quick look through those links but the info was inconclusive as to my final state.

    I would hope that there is no torture in hell, at least.
  7. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    16 Feb '18 09:53
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    My response is about me, a believer. Didn't you read it?

    I'm guessing [b]I
    would do better than you.[/b]
    Yes, but I'm not a believer ~ and the OP isn't about me, nor is it about comparisons to me or other non-believers. The question is: how would you do if you're wrong and Islam is right?
  8. Standard member apathist
    looking for loot
    16 Feb '18 10:03
    Christian v Islam? They are not talking about different gods.
  9. 16 Feb '18 10:05
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Christian v Islam? They are not talking about different gods.
    What makes you think that?
  10. Standard member dj2becker
    rentrer à la maison
    16 Feb '18 10:40
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Yes, but I'm not a believer ~ and the OP isn't about me, nor is it about comparisons to me or other non-believers. The question is: how would you do if you're wrong and Islam is right?
    Does it make you uncomfortable to have comparisons drawn with you?
  11. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    16 Feb '18 10:48
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Does it make you uncomfortable to have comparisons drawn with you?
    Your fixation with me is just silly. And off-topic.

    This thread is about you and the Abrahamic God.
  12. Standard member apathist
    looking for loot
    16 Feb '18 10:55
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What makes you think that?
    Serious? Abraham.
  13. Standard member dj2becker
    rentrer à la maison
    16 Feb '18 10:55
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Your fixation with me is just silly. And off-topic.

    This thread is about you and the Abrahamic God.
    I'm guessing your fixation with me is not silly?
  14. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    16 Feb '18 12:04
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I'm guessing your fixation with me is not silly?
    I looked at the last three and a half weeks of December and the first half a week of January [a month], and approximately 73% of your posts were addressed to me. Meanwhile, only 17% of my posts were addressed to you over the same period. I engage you, yes, but I think that ~ when you bear in mind how many other regular posters there are here apart from me ~ what you demonstrate is probably best described as a "fixation"
  15. 16 Feb '18 12:13
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Calling all Christians: if you're wrong, and Islam is right, and assuming you pass the 'faith' requirement for your belief in the Abrahamic God [and you're forgiven for being sidetracked by the Christian distortion of the Prophet Jesus story], how do you think you will fare?

    http://www.religionfacts.com/islam/salvation

    https://www.islamreligion.com/articl ...[text shortened]... 1/

    http://strivingforeternity.org/resources/world-religions/islam/what-is-salvation-in-islam/
    We're not wrong.

    Jesus is Lord, and we know it.

    You can know it too, when you come to the end of yourself, pride and self righteousness, hopefully before the end of your life.

    You're on the merry go round of life. Catch the brass ring before the bottom drops out.