Calling all Christians: if you're wrong...

Calling all Christians: if you're wrong...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @js357
Does this query suggest the following question to anyone?

Whose religion has the worst afterlife experiences in store for its apostates?
Eternal torment in the fires of "Hell" for unrepentant "sinners" and non-believers is the punishment in Islam, at least for those who don't think it's just a metaphor for death.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
This is way off topic.
Not at all. You’re asking how Christians think they will fare in the afterlife is Islam is correct, and I’m suggesting that’s an absurd proposition even by the standards of a thought experiment.

F

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Not interested in learning about a false religion, but I will say I’ve always found interesting how atheists seem to have an affinity for Islam.
So what about the OP question?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 18
1 edit

Eternal torment in the fires of "Hell" for unrepentant "sinners" and non-believers is the punishment in Islam, at least for those who don't think it's just a metaphor for death.
Then I can’t wait for atheists and non-Christians posing as Christians to start a thread on “the torturer Allah.”

Waiting......

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Feb 18

Not interested in learning about a false religion, but I will say I’ve always found interesting how atheists seem to have an affinity for Islam.
I actually found Islam one of the least interesting religions to study.

That said, all religions are worth a look. You are poorer spiritually and intellectually by not doing so.

Moves
16 Feb 18

That’s a great question and I’d be interested in the answers (though not interested enough to look them up on my own lol.)
Maybe you'll find out some day.

F

Moves
16 Feb 18

Then I can’t wait for atheists and non-Christians posing as Christians to start a thread on “the torturer Allah.”

Waiting......
Such scrutiny and debates will no doubt ensue if and when any Muslims turn up here to propagate or defend such theology.

F

Moves
16 Feb 18

Not at all. You’re asking how Christians think they will fare in the afterlife is Islam is correct, and I’m suggesting that’s an absurd proposition even by the standards of a thought experiment.
What are " the standards of a thought experiment"?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Jesus is Lord, and we know it.
So what?

I wonder why your god looks towards you to make a case.

Zeus! long live the immortals. Could you be more stupid.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 18

What are " the standards of a thought experiment"?
I can only offer my own standard (not aware of any official one) and that would be something remotely plausible.

In my opinion, your thought experiment falls along the lines of, “What if everyone in the world threw a rock at the moon and hit it at the same time? Could the moon survive such a barrage of rocks? How would that change the moon as we know it?”

w

Moves
16 Feb 18

No you didn't. Here again: If you're wrong, and Islam is right, and assuming you pass the 'faith' requirement for your belief in the Abrahamic God [and you're forgiven for being sidetracked by the Christian distortion of the Prophet Jesus story], how do you think you will fare?
Well if Mo was the real deal I suspect they may either lop my head off or throw me in a cage and burn me ISIS style.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
16 Feb 18

Exercise your thinker all you want. You still don't know.
Neither do you. You are just better at fooling yourself.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
16 Feb 18

It's not a thought exercise. It's a doubt exercise, and another way for you to gather evidence to support your faithless existence.
Critical thought is a doubt exercise.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ragwort
FSM DEITIES LTD

Dear Supplicant,

We are writing to inform you that we have recently acquired the milky way franchise. Whilst your basic salvation offer has not been affected certain previous benefits can no longer be provided. The relevant scriptural updates can be found on our website. Your custom is important to us and we apologise for any inconvenience caused during the changeover period.

Yours sincerely...
What? Can you simplify that?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
I’m guessing better than you.
Assume nothIng. It only makes an arse out of you and me