1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 23:58
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Certainly not as well as being a Christian I think. But I’m not well read on the technicalities of Islamic salvation. I did have a quick look through those links but the info was inconclusive as to my final state.

I would hope that there is no torture in hell, at least.
    Sufi literature is always inspired
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 00:01
    Originally posted by @secondson
    We're not wrong.

Jesus is Lord, and we know it.

You can know it too, when you come to the end of yourself, pride and self righteousness, hopefully before the end of your life.

You're on the merry go round of life. Catch the brass ring before the bottom drops out.
    Better yet catch the Gold
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 00:03
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Christians apparently do not believe in thought exercises. 😛
    Poor sods .
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 00:05
    Originally posted by @js357
    Does this query suggest the following question to anyone?

Whose religion has the worst afterlife experiences in store for its apostates?
    No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn - Jim Morrison
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 00:06
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Calling all Christians.

If the Gospel of Jesus is wrong and somebody like Muhammed is right, then let's eat and drink and have a good time following whatever our nature dictates, for tomorrow we die and rot.

As it stands, the life and words of Jesus I think we can all take to the bank. The universal vindication of Jesus of Nazareth, I think, is the one inevitable event of human history.
    We dont die and rot . We are souls
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 00:08
    Originally posted by @whodey
    If I'm wrong, then I'm OK with it.

I only want to serve a God represented by the example of Jesus. If the opposite is true, our example is Mo, then eternity will be a living hell anyway.
    You're OK with being wrong? Willful ignorance ?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 00:09
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You believe Mohammad brought a message whereby followers would, as their reward, die and rot?

By 'calling all Christians' you have simply summoned an audience to embarrass yourself in front of.
    🙂
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 00:11
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I answered it.

Let the judgment fall where it may either way.
    Only God judges you, you r God
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 00:15
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Critical thought is a doubt exercise.
    Gold
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 02:10
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I can only offer my own standard (not aware of any official one) and that would be something remotely plausible.

In my opinion, your thought experiment falls along the lines of, “What if everyone in the world threw a rock at the moon and hit it at the same time? Could the moon survive such a barrage of rocks? How would that change the moon as we know it?”
    This is just a clumsy repetition of your assertion of your certainty about your religious beliefs. It's not "remotely plausible" that you are wrong about Jesus blah blah blah. Yes. Great. Fine. So you want people to know how strong your faith is. Got it.

So now, the thought experiment is simply a question about 'if you have got that wrong'. It's not asking you to admit you could be wrong. It's not even asking you to admit that you have an open mind to the possibility that you are wrong.

It's simply asking you to speculate about your own lifestyle and deeds through the prism of the Islamic notion of "salvation".
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 02:55
    Originally posted by @fmf
    This is just a clumsy repetition of your assertion of your certainty about your religious beliefs. It's not "remotely plausible" that you are wrong about Jesus blah blah blah. Yes. Great. Fine. So you want people to know how strong your faith is. Got it.

So now, the thought experiment is simply a question about 'if you have got that wrong'. It's not asking y ...[text shortened]... ulate about your own lifestyle and deeds through the prism of the Islamic notion of "salvation".
    Ok, I get you’re trying to sell a false religion and undermine Christianity. One could hardly expect more from an atheist. It’s just a clumsy way of acting out your hatred toward God. Blah, blah, blah.

Yes. Great. Fine. You want everyone to know you’re in rebellion against God. That you’re your own man and answer only to yourself. That you’re your own God. Got it.

So the thought experiment is just a way to plant a seed of doubt in the minds of Christians about their faith by entertaining and exploring a false religion. It’s not asking them to renounce their faith; it’s not even asking them to consider they might be wrong. Just displace a little soil for a seed of doubt.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 03:041 edit
    Ok, I get you’re trying to sell a false religion and undermine Christianity. One could hardly expect more from an atheist. It’s just a clumsy way of acting out your hatred toward God. Blah, blah, blah.
    I hold no candle for Islam. It is no more or less credible to me than your religion. I have no interest in trying to "sell" any religion. I don't "hate" your ideology. I don't perceive you as promoting a real entity or being so I have nothing - and there is no reason - for me to "hate" it. The suggestion that I do is just dodging the thread topic.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 03:10
    So the thought experiment is just a way to plant a seed of doubt in the minds of Christians about their faith by entertaining and exploring a false religion.
    It's inviting you to look at your deeds through the prism of a related religion and in so doing perhaps encourage some discussion of what walking-the-walk in Christianity entails [seeing as most threads are about thinking-the-think and talking-the-talk].
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 03:17
    I hold no candle for Islam. It is no more or less credible to me than your religion. I have no interest in trying to "sell" any religion. I don't "hate" your ideology. I don't perceive you as promoting a real entity or being so I have nothing - and there is no reason - for me to "hate" it. The suggestion that I do id just dodging the thread topic.
    <<I don't "hate" your ideology. I don't perceive you as promoting a real entity or being so I have nothing - and there is no reason - for me to "hate" it.>>

So if a group of people on this forum believed pink unicorns existed, you would spend hours upon hours every day arguing with them?

<>The suggestion that I do id just dodging the thread topic.[>>

Why would I want to entertain the idea that pink unicorns existed and waste time reading about them and then writing about them?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 03:27
    It's inviting you to look at your deeds through the prism of a related religion and in so doing perhaps encourage some discussion of what walking-the-walk in Christianity entails [seeing as most threads are about thinking-the-think and talking-the-talk].
    You’re buying into the false notion expressed in this forum by non-Christians that a Christian makes himself righteous (in right standing with God) by doing good works when it’s belief in Jesus Christ that makes a Christian righteous. Good works, which are the result of walking in and obeying God’s indwelt Holy Spirit, are fruits of that righteousness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree