1. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 18:26
    Originally posted by sonship
    In time of trouble or in time of no particular trouble, calling on the name of Jesus is running into a high tower.

[b] " The name of Jehovah is a strong tower; The righteous man runs into it and is safe. " (Prov. 18:10)

When you call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus!! you find yourself in a strong and high tower ...[text shortened]...

Trying calling on the name of the Lord Jesus for three minutes.
    Your spirit will be afire.[/b]
    Trying calling on the name of the Lord Jesus for three minutes, and then go out and continue with your sinful worldly lifestyle and both your body and your spirit will be cast into the lake of fire. 😀
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 20:054 edits
    Rajk999 always looks on the very negative side of things.

The word of God encourages people to call on the name of God.
    It does not discourage the practice.
    It does not forbid or warn against it by immediately imagining the worst hypocrisy.

Rather the Bible in simplicity encourages calling.

DO ... CALL UPON HIS NAME

"Give thanks to Jehovah; call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples." (Psalm 105:1)

"Give thanks" is the first directive.
    "Call upon His name" is the second directive.

Rajk999 would change the word of God perhaps to make Psalm 105:1 tell people NOT to call upon the name of God. Maybe he would have warned that you may call and be damned forever.

But the pure word of God here says DO call. Praise the Lord. Call "O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus. Amen!"

Here is another ENCORAGEMENT and a DIRECTIVE to call on the name of the Lord. It says you shall draw water from the wells of salvation by calling on God.

" Therefore you will draw water with rejoicing from the springs of salvation, And you will say in that day.

Give thanks to Jehovah; call upon His name." (Isaiah 12:4)

Once you receive the Lord Jesus He is like waters deep in your innermost being. By calling "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus" you can drink from the springs of salvation.

Don't listen to Rajk999 saying everything he can to discourage you from calling "O Lord Jesus." Draw waters from the well of salvation. Give thanks. Call " Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus, O Lord Jesus !"
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 20:125 edits

Believers in Christ can come together and CALL upon the name of Jesus. The prophets says this is to "make mention that His [God's] name is exalted"

"Give thanks to Jehovah; CALL UPON HIS NAME!

Make His deeds known among the peoples; Remind them that His name is exalted." (See Isaiah 12:4b)

Sure I encouraged you to call "O Lord Jesus, O Lord Jesus! " for three minutes. No apologies.

Christians and seeking ones who want to be saved - CALL UPON HIS NAME. By calling you remind them that His name is exalted.

"O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus, Your name is the highest Name. O Lord Jesus we remind the devil and all the demons and all the bad angels that YOUR NAME IS EXALTED ! O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus ! "

DO ... CALL ON THE NAME OF JESUS. Remind heaven and earth that the name of Jesus is exalted.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 20:34
    Originally posted by sonship
    Rajk999 always looks on the very negative side of things.

The word of God encourages people to call on the name of God.
    It does not discourage the practice.
    It does not forbid or warn against it by immediately imagining the worst hypocrisy.

Rather the Bible in simplicity encourages calling.

DO ... [b]CALL UPON HIS NAME

[quote] " ...[text shortened]... l of salvation. Give thanks. Call "[b] Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus, O Lord Jesus !"[/b]
    I think the best advice for Christians is not to listen to me of course .. and not to listen to you either... but rather listen to the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

Calling on God or Calling Christ is total hypocrisy if they do not actually follow the teachings of Jesus, a practice you neither support, neither do you encourage it. You are preaching mouth worship and that leads to eternal death.Jesus was clear: Furthermore taking Gods name in vain is a sin. Christ never commanded anyone to pray the way you are suggesting. Rather the opposite suggestion of avoiding vain repetitions was the command of Jesus. Peope like you think that by calling Jesus over and over [ for 3 monutes] will get you anywhere. Christ said you think you will be heard for your much speaking. God dislikes the bigmouth, loud mouth types.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21 KJV)

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (1 John 2:17 KJV)

Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God. (3 John 1:11 KJV)

Your doctrine has nothing to do with God and Christ.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 20:541 edit
    Rajk999 sets out again to bind those who call on the name of Jesus, just like Saul of Tarsus. The nervous followers of Jesus said of Saul -

" Is this not the one who ravaged those who call upon this name in Jerusalem and came here for this, that he might bring them bound before the chief priests? (Acts 9:21b)

Saul could here them in the houses CALLING on the name of Jesus. Like Rajk999 does now, he ran in and yelled - "Stop! Stop! Stop calling on Jesus! You cannot do that. I will bring you bound to the chief religionists. You must not call on Jesus' name."

DO ... CALL ON THE NAME OF JESUS !

Paul, turning from a persecutor of the callers to a caller, said that THIS JESUS is now all those who call upon Him.

" Paul ... and Sosthenes ... To the church of God which is in Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, the called saints,

with those WHO CALL UPON THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST in EVERY PLACE, who is theirs and ours." (See 1 Cor. 1:1,2)

The Christians were calling upon the name Jesus Christ to make Him THEIRS. And they were calling in "every place"/ Praise the Lord!

We encourage calling on the name of Jesus. Rajkk999 immediately imagines only the worst. "Aha! You want to call and not live by Christ. So, AHA! I will teach people NOT to cal. Don't do it."

However, we are encouraging CALLING that you MIGHT learn obedience. We are not encouraging CALLING so to be as disobedient as you can. That is the sheer stupidity of Rajk999's negativism.

We encourage Christians to do more what they at some time MUST have done. Christians at SOME time must have called out the Jesus. We simply encourage them not to have to stop. Christ is rich to all who call upon Him not only the first day of salvation - BUT ON EVERY DAY.

" For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him." (Romans 10:12)

DO ... CALL - 'Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus You are RICH. O Lord JESUS, YOU are so RICH to ALL who call on You. Lord it makes no difference what our status or culture is. We can CALL O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus FLOW into us Your riches!"
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 21:071 edit
    Some one should go through the book of Psalms as count how many "O LORDs" there are in the book of Psalms.

I think "O" or " OH " OPENS up the heart.

"O Lord Jesus" should be said with your heart wide open to Jesus.

In the heat of temptation you can access the empowering grace of the Holy Spirit by calling. Jesus is available. Jesus Christ is available. So we call on Him out of a pure heart.

A Pure Heart I think means a SINGLE heart. Pure in motive wanting one thing - to TOUCH God. The Bible encourages us to be PURE in wanting a SINGLE matter - to touch Jesus, to contact Jesus, to fellowship with Jesus.

So Paul told Timothy to be with those who CALL UPON the name of the Lord out of a pure heart.

" But flee youthful lust, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." (2 Tim. 2:22)

There is NOTHING in this passage teaching that you have to WAIT until have fully obtained faith, fully obtained love, fully obtained peace, or have fully fled youthful lust BEFORE you are qualified to call "O Lord Jesus!".

There is no need to WAIT until you feel qualified to CALL. In the fleeing you call "O Lord Jesus!"

In the pursuing faith you call "O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus I pursue You Lord."

In pursuing righteousness you can CALL - "O Lord Jesus!! I pursue You Lord as my righteousness. Constitutes me RIGHTEOUS Lord."

In pursuing peace, love, with all those who are pursuing - CALL on His name. TOUCH Him. Pursue BY calling.

Flee ... BY CALLING.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 21:162 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Your doctrine has nothing to do with God and Christ.

DO ... CALL on the name of the Lord Jesus. There is not even much "doctrine" here. This is encouragement to do what many Christians intuitively have done at SOME time in their life - That is to utter the name of Jesus in order to TOUCH Jesus.

In the local churches we simply encourage them concerning this intuitive thing Christians probably have done at least once in their lives - to continue to do.

Do you have to call LOUDLY ? No. Of course you may even whisper the name of Jesus.

I encourage you to even whisper in the morning "O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus". No need to disturb anyone. You whisper and it is like breathing in the Lord Jesus.

You will contact grace. Grace as a river will flow from calling on the name of Jesus, whether loudly or softly. But call to CONTACT Jesus and not vainly or mechanically.
    Call with a single intention to touch and fellowship with the Lord Jesus.
  8. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 23:30
    Trying calling on the name of the Lord Jesus for three minutes, and then go out and continue with your sinful worldly lifestyle and both your body and your spirit will be cast into the lake of fire. 😀
    Rubbish
  9. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 23:321 edit
    Gotta see this chart and see how many times calling on the Lord is mentioned in the Old and New Testaments.

Old Testament http://www.callingonthelord.org/basis/index.html

New Testament http://www.callingonthelord.org/basis/nt.html
  10. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 23:401 edit
    The modern Saul of Tarsus today is Rajk999.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 23:541 edit
    Originally posted by kevinlee123
    The modern Saul of Tarsus today is Rajk999.
    Says the modern day disciple of Satan.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 23:552 edits
    Originally posted by kevinlee123
    Rubbish
    Nobody ever said not to all on the Lord. There is however mention of the following warnings:

1. Calling on the name of the Lord IN VAIN is a sin
    2. Making vain repetitions with the mistaken belief that this leads to some kind of blessing from God. This in fact is distasteful in the sight of God.

By far what is important is for the Christian to adhere to the commandments of Jesus Christ. But your type never preach that and instead to go to great lengths to demonstrate that Christs teachings are outdated and not relevant to todays Christian.

Christ said : Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: (Matthew 28:19-20 KJV)
    Christ last instruction is for disciples to teach people to observe His commandments. So if you are not doing that then you must be a disciple of Satan

Paul said .. the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction ..(2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 KJV)
    NOTE - destruction to all those who do not OBEY CHRIST

So call Jesus all you like. I hope you are also following his commandments otherwise all your calling will be in vain.
  13. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 23:591 edit
    Says the modern day disciple of Satan.
    You ain't gonna misjudge your fellow genuine Christians. Well, let's see about that on the day of the judgment sea of Christ.
  14. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 00:014 edits
    Since when did we say not to obey Christ and not keeping His commandments? Is this one of your false accusation? The only problem with you is that you're looking at one side of the coin.
  15. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 01:2110 edits
    [b]Nobody ever said not to all on the Lord. There is however mention of the following warnings:

2. Making vain repetitions with the mistaken belief that this leads to some kind of blessing from God. This in fact is distasteful in the sight of God.

We neither teach nor do we practice a vain mouthing of the Lord’s name or any other words or phrases. Unlike those people in America use His name in vain. America should be ashamed using His name in vain. We call on Him “out of a pure heart,” sincerely, honestly, from the depths of our being, calling out to Him that we may have personal contact with Him. We find that indeed He is “rich unto all that call upon Him” (Rom. 10:12). We call on the Lord to breathe Him in (Lamentations 3:55-56), to drink Him as the living water and to eat Him as the spiritual food for satisfaction (Isaiah 55:1, 6), to stir up ourselves to take hold of Him (Isaiah 64:7), to enjoy the riches of the Lord (Romans 10:12), to participate in the Lord’s mercy (Psalm 86:5), to be rescued from distress, trouble, sorrow, and pain (Psa. 18:6; 118:5, 50:15; 86:7; 81:7; 116:3-4), to partake of the Lord's salvation (Psa. 116:2, 4, 13, 17),and to receive the Spirit (Acts 2:17, 21).

Our practice of calling on the Name of the Lord:
    Call on the Lord corporately and out of a pure heart
    2 Timothy 2:22 But flee youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Call on the Lord with a pure lip
    Zephaniah 3:9 For then I will change the language of the peoples / Into a pure language / That they may all call upon the name of Jehovah, / To serve Him with one accord.

Call on the Lord by opening our mouth wide
    Psalm 81:10 I am Jehovah your God, / Who brought you up out of the land of Egypt; / Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Psalm 81:7 You called in trouble, and I delivered you; / I answered you from the secret place of thunder; / I proved you at the waters of Meribah. Selah

Call on the Lord as long as we live
    Psalm 116:2 Because He inclines His ear to me; / Therefore I will call upon Him all my days.

Call on the Lord daily and moment by moment
    Psalm 88:9 My eye wastes away at the affliction; / I have called out to You, O Jehovah, every day; / I have spread out my hands to You.

Is that you called vain mouthing?

1. Dont waste your time calling me Lord Lord if you dont DO the things I say.

If we love Him and calling on His name, of couse we keep His commandments (John 14:15, 21) and do what He says (Luke 6:46). But not our self effort or natural strength, as Jesus said, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matt. 19:26).

Since when do we not preach not to obey Jesus?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree