Calling Out Jesus in Rev.

Calling Out Jesus in Rev.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Nov 18
1 edit

@sonship said
All criminals around the whole world are being tortured.
Why not do the good thing free them from torture?
All torture that is being used around the world should be stopped. And corporal punishment. And capital punishment. Custodial sentences OK. Community service OK. Financial penalties OK. Probation etc. OK. I say no torture. Do you condone torture?

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@sonship said
.Still no rationale why all tortured criminals should not have their torture terminated by a universal freeing of ALL punished law breakers.
If you approve of human beings using torture on each other, come out and say so. I've always assumed you were an Amnesty International and OMCT supporter type of Christian. Have I misjudged you?

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@sonship said
.God totally erasing our sins so that they are forgotten - A THREAT.
Your torturer god ideology has, front and centre, as its "perfect morality" no less, the threat that those who lack belief in your god figure ~ and in your claims that your belief in him totally erases your sins so that they are forgotten ~ such unbelievers are threatened with eternal torture.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
Frankly again ghost, you don't believe in God so the most fundamental piece of all
truth surrounding God has eluded you. So all of your confusion about how many
gods there are in the Bible, or if the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are God is just
much more of the same.

As I pointed out earlier it doesn't matter if the trinity is in the Bible I don't call on
the trinity ...[text shortened]... flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
For clarity sake Kelly, I am 'not' confused about how many Gods there are in the Bible. I am very clear in my understanding, irrespective of my atheism.

Contrary to the rumours, atheists are still able to read and understand.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Nov 18

Thread update:

The notion of the Trinity (a notion not shared by the apostles or by the early church) is a notion borrowed from other religions and mythologies.

So, In Hinduism we find the Trinitarian group of Brahma, Vishna, and Shiva; in Egyptian religion Kneph, Phthas, and Osiris. In Phoenicia the trinity of gods were Ulomus, Ulosuros, and Eliun. In Greece they were Zeus, Poseidon, and Aidoneus.

In Rome they were Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto. In Babylonia and Assyria they were Anos, lllinos, and Aos. Among Celtic nations they were called Kriosan, Biosena, and Siva, and in Germanic nations they were called Thor, Wodan, and Fricco.

Trinities of gods existed in other cultures as well, including, but not limited to, those of Siberia, Persia, Japan, Scandinavia, and Mexico.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Nov 18

@divegeester

This has got to be one of the most piss-poor illogical and sanctimonious things you have ever said.[

No it is not.

Better give credit to your atheist helper for utilizing his favorite word "sanctimonious". But I thought you were more original.

Moves
29 Nov 18

Thread 179424

🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Nov 18

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

The notion of the Trinity (a notion not shared by the apostles or by the early church) is a notion borrowed from other religions and mythologies.

So a teaching was "shared" by the apostles? Some progress. The apostles shared a concept aboout God.

The early church "continued steadfastly in the teaching and fellowship of the apostles" (Acts 2:42) So the early church as it started in Jerusalem received this idea from the original apostles of Jesus?

I think I see some progress for your church history.

So, In Hinduism we find the Trinitarian group of Brahma, Vishna, and Shiva;

Skeptics will often do this. Every group of three deities they will now say "See? See? a trinity"

in Egyptian religion Kneph, Phthas, and Osiris.

Just get three deities and say "See? A trinity". Easy do-it-yourself skepticism.

In Phoenicia the trinity of gods were Ulomus, Ulosuros, and Eliun. In Greece they were Zeus, Poseidon, and Aidoneus.

Show us now in Pheonician mythology Ulomus is eternal while Ulosurus is eternal while Elium is eternal.

Show us in Pheoneician mythology Elium comes to live in man bring Ulosurus and Ulomus.

Show us now:

In Greek mythology -Zeus lives in Poseidon and Poseidon lives in Aidoneus.

Do it in your next post.

In Greek mythology show - Zeus comes to live in man bringing with him Pseidon and AIdoneus comes to live in men bringing Zeus and Pseidon into them.

Show is in the Roman mythology Jupitar always was.
Show us Neptune always was.
Show us Pluto always was.

Show us that Pluto comes into man which brings Neptune and Jupitar into man simultaneously.

Trinities of gods existed in other cultures as well, including, but not limited to, those of Siberia, Persia, Japan, Scandinavia, and Mexico.

Plenty of cultures had three gods or more.
You've shown nothing much but this.

Show us in Siberian mythology - mutual coinerance of three deities.

Show in Jananese mythology the coming of one god who was eternal and uncreated also brought into men and women the other two gods who were uncreated and eternal.

How about show in Mexican mythology that one god was the other such was the other yet the one god spoke of "us" or "we".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
For clarity sake Kelly, I am 'not' confused about how many Gods there are in the Bible. I am very clear in my understanding, irrespective of my atheism.

Contrary to the rumours, atheists are still able to read and understand.
Actually you are missing something!

You asked what the Apostles thought, do you recall the exchange between Jesus and Peter when Jesus asked, “Who do you say that I am?”

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
Actually you are missing something!

You asked what the Apostles thought, do you recall the exchange between Jesus and Peter when Jesus asked, “Who do you say that I am?”
Do you recall when Jesus said, 'The Father is greater than I'?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I never heard him say it personally! 😛

-VR

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Nov 18
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes! Yes! I remember that.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Nov 18

@very-rusty said
I never heard him say it personally! 😛

-VR
No doubt you took advantage of his Sermon sir to pilfer someone's wallet.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No doubt you took advantage of his Sermon sir to pilfer someone's wallet.
Don't be so silly I wasn't around then as were you or anyone else, we just have stories to go by that have been handed down. Who knows if these stories were real or man made!

-VR

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Nov 18

@very-rusty said
Don't be so silly I wasn't around then as were you or anyone else, we just have stories to go by that have been handed down. Who knows if these stories were real or man made!

-VR
Apologies. I thought, back then, you would have been in your teenage years.