Calling Out Jesus in Rev.

Calling Out Jesus in Rev.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
If he is walking with the Lord we are both covered by the same blood that cleans us our sins, making us family. No to your other question.
I only asked one question.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Nov 18

Just popping into this thread to contest and refute that God is triune (not biblically supported) that Christ's ministry continues even to this day (it doesn't) and that the judgments of Christ are true and righteous. (They aren't, due to him being just a man with ancient understanding of truth and righteousness).

F

Moves
28 Nov 18
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Just popping into this thread to contest and refute that God is triune (not biblically supported) that Christ's ministry continues even to this day (it doesn't) and that the judgments of Christ are true and righteous. (They aren't, due to him being just a man with ancient understanding of truth and righteousness).
When I finally realized I'd lost my faith, I also realized that the whole "Trinity" convolution ~ and resurrection stuff and doctrine of atonement stuff and the born-in-Bethlehem stuff and all the rest of it [the absolutely ludicrous Book of Revelation being epitome of this] ~ all had to be concocted in order to start building a cult of personality/divinity around a mortal rabbi who had come to a very mundane and (to some) very disappointing end when he was executed by the Romans.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Nov 18

@sonship said
@divegeester
Too bad you have that view of Jesus.
It's your version of Jesus who will be in hell overseeing the eternal burning alive of unbelievers.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Nov 18

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Are you just going to "pop" in to do the job or devote some quality time to it.

Now you can always say that you just don't believe the Bible.
But how are you going to say the Bible doesn't teach us that -

God is Father,
God is the Son,
God is the Holy Spirit ?

Of course you can "pop" in and proclaim that you don't believe what the Bible says. Do you intend more than just state your unbelief ?

F

Moves
28 Nov 18

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Are you just going to ...[text shortened]... laim that you don't believe what the Bible says. Do you intend more than just state your unbelief ?
He studied theology for three years. That was quality time.

If someone feels they have no credible reason to believe Jesus was divine, the whole "Trinity" thing is moot and this analysis doesn't need to be delivered in a longwinded way.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Nov 18

It is wonderful how our faith grows stronger by just saying a prayerful "Amen" to the word of God.

I encourage new believers to never shut the Scripture up because of some difficult part. Put the difficulty on the backburner and just "Amen" every line and every sentence of the revelation.

We have seen faith GROW stronger in so many around the world on the four continents of the earth through this "Amening" the pure word of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Nov 18
4 edits

So a little more on the attributes of the Trinity seen in the salutation.

Grace to you and peace from Him who is, and who was, and who is coming ..." (Rev. 1:4a)

This must refer to the Eternal Father. Since the other two sources of grace and peace are the Spirit and the Son, this One who is and who was and who is coming must refer to the Eternal Father.

Yet Christ is the embodiment of the Triune God because Christ ALSO says that He is the Almighty who is, and who was, and who is coming.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, He who is, and who was, and who is coming, the Almighty. (Rev. 1:8)

This all comes out of my personal study this morning. Just by reading prayerfully, carefully... I can see that the titles of the Father and the Son coming on the clouds are virtually the SAME.

" ... from Him who is, and who was, and who is coming ..." (v.4)

Compare:

"Behold, He comes with the clouds ... I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, He who is, and who was, and who is coming, the Almighty" (v.7,8)

My God is the man Jesus Christ.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Nov 18

@sonship said
My God is the man Jesus Christ.
Will your version of God, the man Jesus Christ make me endure eternal suffering because I reject the teaching of the trinity?

If so then I need to know as I would have the opportunity to reconsider.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Nov 18
2 edits

@divegeester

Who is the One who is the Eternal Father ?

He is the one who is and who was and who is coming. (Rev. 1:4).

Who is the One coming on the clouds who was pierced and whom all the tribes of the Holy Land will see?

He is the "Almighty" ... who is, and who was, and who is coming.

Death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire in the last judgment. Hades is Hell. So Hell seen cast into the lake of fire in the vision may have been the horse and rider death and Hell scene in chapter 6 at the fourth seal. These two are thrown into the lake of fire.

"And when He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying,Come.

And I saw, and behold, a pale horse, and the name of him who sits upon it is Death; and Hades [Hell] followed him, and authority was given to them over the fourth part of the earth to kill with sword and with famine and with death and by the beasts of the earth." (Rev. 6:7,8)

Compare:

"And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:14)

The final place of the unbelievers is the lake of fire. I don't know in what sense you mean "oversee". I don't think Jesus is there with them in the lake of fire. Certainly the final judgment under His eternal authorization and authority.

"And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:15)

Is your version of the Christian faith to remain stunted all one's life stuck on one objection his emotions cannot handle?

The Son released the saved in His own blood. That means God incarnated and died on the cross under the wrath of God that we be saved from eternal judgment.

"And from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth.

To Him who loves us and has loosed us from our sins by His blood." (Rev. 1:5)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Nov 18

Still unchallenged.

So far look what has been demonstrated by this thread.

1.) That God is triune.

uncontested, unrefutted.

2.) That Christ's ministry continues even to this day.

uncontested, unrefutted

3.) The judgments of Christ are true and righteous - every one.

uncontested, unrefutted

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Nov 18
1 edit

The false teaching of ThinkOfOne has done much to undermine the Redemption of Christ.

But we see that He has released the believers in His blood, His blood of atonement. His blood of sacrifice. His blood of propitiation. He has loosed the believers from their sins in His blood.

Thus the anti-redemption false "gospel" of ThinkOfOne is exposed as against the Bible.

"And from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness ... To Him who loves us and has loosed us from our sins by His blood." (See Rev. 1:5)

Notice when John wrote this in his old age He said Christ LOVES US. He did not say that He only LOVED us (past tense). He is not a dead and gone martyr. Rather He is a present High Priest who presently LOVES US and has loosed us from our sins in His own blood.

His ministry with Himself continues to this very day.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Nov 18

Cyril Richardson, professor of church history at New York’s Union Theological Seminary, though a dedicated Trinitarian himself, said this in his book The Doctrine of The Trinity:

“My conclusion, then, about the doctrine of the Trinity is that it is an artificial construct . . . It produces confusion rather than clarification; and while the problems with which it deals are real ones, the solutions it offers are not illuminating. It has posed for many Christians dark and mysterious statements, which are ultimately meaningless, because it does not sufficiently discriminate in its use of terms” (1958, pp. 148-149).

He also admitted, “Much of the defense of the Trinity as a ‘revealed’ doctrine, is really an evasion of the objections that can be brought against it”

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Nov 18

Okay, thought I would spend some quality time reading about the Trinity, directly from the Bible, but I'll be blown if I could find a single reference.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Okay, thought I would spend some quality time reading about the Trinity, directly from the Bible, but I'll be blown if I could find a single reference.
Noooo! Don't tell me the holy capitalised Trinity is not even mentioned in the Bible!!!

Will we all lose our salvation now...or can't you say?