Calling Out Jesus in Rev.

Calling Out Jesus in Rev.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Nov 18
2 edits

@kellyjay said
It isn't that the word Trinity isn't in the Bible that is important but the meaning
assigned to that word.
Why is it important to assign meaning to a word that is not in the Bible and therefore a word that was not [supposedly] inspired by God?

Or is the meaning you are personally assigning to that word divinely inspired?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
29 Nov 18

@fmf said
Why is it important to assign meaning to a word that is not in the Bible and therefore a word that was not [supposedly] inspired by God?

Or is the meaning you are personally assigning to that word divinely inspired?
Obviously the word is lost on you.

The scriptures are clear. God is revealed in scripture as three distinct personalities in one.

It's as simple as that.

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@secondson said
Obviously the word is lost on you.
I know exactly why the word was conjured up hundreds of years after Jesus was executed. My comment is specifically in reply to what KellyJay said. Your "reply" is ignoring the content of what I said, and instead reciting dogma ~ which is your prerogative, of course ~ but it's ineffective.

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@secondson said
The scriptures are clear.
Are the words "Trinity" and "Triune God" divinely inspired, according to your way of thinking?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
29 Nov 18

@fmf said
I know exactly why the word was conjured up hundreds of years after Jesus was executed. My comment is specifically in reply to what KellyJay said. Your "reply" is ignoring the content of what I said, and instead reciting dogma ~ which is your prerogative, of course ~ but it's ineffective.
Of course, frame the argument as you wish, but it won't change the truth.

God is incomprehensible, and you won't find that word in the Bible either.

Yet the the scriptures are clear. God, as we know Him, is three in one, and it will take eternity to comprehend that.

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@secondson said
God is incomprehensible, and you won't find that word in the Bible either.
That's right, the word is not in the Bible. It was coined by humans to whom, as you concede, "God is incomprehensible". The word "Trinity" is nothing more or less mundane contrivance.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Nov 18
4 edits

@SecondSon

Understand that to FMF it doesn't matter. Don't be surprised if he eventually tells you down the line that it doesn't matter to him anyway.

Of course by then your will have expended much time, patience, energy as if it did matter and you could help him.

He's just drawing you into a trap of his apathy. The prophet Daniel said that in the last days the Antichrist would wear out the saints. This is a tactic of the enemy to just wear down and wear out the believers.

Daniel 7:25

English Standard Version

He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@sonship said
@SecondSon

Understand that to FMF it doesn't matter.
According to your way of thinking, are the words "Trinity" and "Triune God" divinely inspired ?

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@sonship said
He's just drawing you into a trap of his apathy. The prophet Daniel said that in the last days the Antichrist would wear out the saints. This is a tactic of the enemy to just wear down and wear out the believers.
This is a tactic of the enemy to just wear down and wear out the believers.

You once said that it gives you comfort in your Christian life to "know" that your enemies will be tortured for eternity. In the context of this, do you see me as "the enemy"?

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@sonship said
@SecondSon

Understand that to FMF it doesn't matter. Don't be surprised if he eventually tells you down the line that it doesn't matter to him anyway.
What "don't matter" to me are your threats about me being tortured by Jesus after I die. What does "matter" to me is the notion that such threats have a coherent moral basis.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Nov 18
7 edits

@FMF

What "don't matter" to me are your threats about me being tortured by Jesus after I die. What does "matter" to me is the notion that such threats have a coherent moral basis.

QUOTE me - my threat to you of being tortured by Jesus after you die.

QUOTE IT.

And why should it matter if you're an ATHEIST and are so sure its all untrue ANYWAY?

And if you DO CARE, secretively, then there is NO reason why my quotation in a general way about God's judgment (ie. Rev. 20:15) has not been counter accompanied by many fold indications of His SALVATION extended to SAVE sinners ?

Your self centeredness is glaring through postured detached objectivity.

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@sonship said
@FMF

QUOTE me - my threat to you of being tortured by Jesus after you die.

QUOTE IT.

And why should it matter if you're an ATHEIST and are so sure its all untrue ANYWAY?
...[text shortened]... tended to SAVE sinners ?

Your thing about my supposed "apathy" is a gimmick and it's also a dud. The only thing I "don't care about" is the implementation of your torturer god ideology. I have nothing to fear, of course. Nobody does. However, your ideology that says it is the "perfect morality" for a supernatural being to torture people who lack belief in it is morally incoherent, so that's a matter I am interested in debating and discussing. Your new gimmick about me supposedly 'not caring' or being 'apathetic' about debate and discussion is a damp squib and obvious dodge-deflection. I wonder if you are going to trot it out ad nauseam when you seek to sidestep direct responses to the things you type?

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@sonship said
The morally incoherent ideology of vengeful and angry supernatural violence against people who are not members of your religion is an interesting thing to debate and discuss.

F

Moves
29 Nov 18

@sonship said
And if you DO CARE, secretively, then there is NO reason why my quotation in a general way about God's judgment (ie. Rev. 20:15) has not been counter accompanied by many fold indications of His SALVATION extended to SAVE sinners ?

Everything you present here is stuff that appeals to your imagination and you have absolutely no credible evidence that any of it is true. There have been no "indications" corroborating any of it. For some reason - be it psychological or anthropological, or a combination of both - you think Revelation is a book about real things. It's just stuff you personally happen to have faith in. And it's all up for debate on a forum like this. If you were posting all this stuff on a Christian website, you wouldn't hear a peep from me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Nov 18
3 edits

@FMF

The only thing I "don't care about" is the implementation of your torturer god ideology.

Noted - No Quotation, Exaggerator.

You're moving back from the personal tone, aren't you?
Like I personally threatened FMF with torture.

Are you for emptying the prisons of Indonesia on the grounds that everyone incarcerated there is being tortured ?

I didn't ask if everyone there are we completely sure deserve to be. The question is since they are being tortured in discomfort, physical and emotional suffering, should all these tortured prisoners be RELEASED because of this ?