1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:40
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This is actually in the Bible. Christ spent lots of time with publicans and sinners and preached to them. Religious leaders were basically ignored, so I think is reasonable to say that Christ loved sinners.
    precisely . In the first 4 versus of the beatitudes, that is whom Christ is talking about.
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:43
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Just because he spent lots of time with them dosn't mean he loved all of them. You can not say that Christ loves everyone just because he spent time with sinners. He spent time with them because the ones who say they were righteous didn't think they needed Christ to save them, only sinners need a saviour.

What about these verses, or should we just thro ...[text shortened]... d is enmity with God?
    whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
    For God so loved the world (interpreted from the word mankind) that he gave his only begotten son...John 3:16

See we can do it too!๐Ÿ˜•
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:46
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Well, I have fellowship at Hooters but Josephw is giving me grief about that. Is this kind of fellowship acceptable to you? I feel God's presence there.
    I agree. The beauty and complexity of His creation is all around you!
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:49
    I agree. The beauty and complexity of His creation is all around you!
    We are to be in the world not of the world. Hooters is in the world๐Ÿ˜€
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 19:01
    Originally posted by duecer
    Good one .. ๐Ÿ˜€
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 19:051 edit
    Just because he spent lots of time with them dosn't mean he loved all of them. You can not say that Christ loves everyone just because he spent time with sinners. He spent time with them because the ones who say they were righteous didn't think they needed Christ to save them, only sinners need a saviour.

What about these verses, or should we just thro ...[text shortened]... d is enmity with God?
    whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
    You seem to be interpreting the expression 'God/Christ loves sinners' to mean that He loves the sin and wants them to keep on sinning. Thee is no need to proove that sin and sinners are despised in the Bible. The expression means that Christ loved to talk to sinners because they are often ready to listen and change their sinful ways.

Overall you seem to be nitpicking and finding petty reasons why you dont go to church. Thats often a indication that you are trying to convince yourself you are doing the right thing.

Furthermore Paul (whose doctrine you seem to follow conveniently) recommend you go to church. Find one and go and stop making silly excuses. If they dont preach what you like, use your knowlege to reform them.
  7. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 19:38
    For God so loved the world (interpreted from the word mankind) that he gave his only begotten son...John 3:16

See we can do it too!๐Ÿ˜•
    The word 'world' in that verse was not from the word mankind, it is the word 'kosmos'.

G2889
    κόσμος
    kosmos
    kos'-mos
    Probably from the base of G2865; orderly arrangement, that is, decoration; by implication the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively [morally]): - adorning, world.
  8. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 19:431 edit
    You seem to be interpreting the expression 'God/Christ loves sinners' to mean that He loves the sin and wants them to keep on sinning. Thee is no need to proove that sin and sinners are despised in the Bible. The expression means that Christ loved to talk to sinners because they are often ready to listen and change their sinful ways.

Overall you seem to ...[text shortened]... top making silly excuses. If they dont preach what you like, use your knowlege to reform them.
    Where did I say anything to the effect that the expression means that God loves the sin? Infact the expression points out that he 'hates' the sin.

Besides, I don't go to church simply because I have not found one that is like the one in Rev. 3:7-8. And we have tried to talk to most of the churches around here, they just simply tried to twist what they teach to fit what we were explaining to them, or they would not want to hear us at all and would brush us off.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 20:25
    All the waitresses at my Hooters who have problems know they can come and sit at my table and I will listen to them to offer my guidance.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 20:27
    .....Besides, I don't go to church simply because I have not found one that is like the one in Rev. 3:7-8. And we have tried to talk to most of the churches around here, they just simply tried to twist what they teach to fit what we were explaining to them, or they would not want to hear us at all and would brush us off.
    There is no requirement to go to a perfect church.
    You think there is a chance, however slim, that you are condemning a church that Christ might accept?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 20:29
    All the waitresses at my Hooters who have problems know they can come and sit at my table and I will listen to them to offer my guidance.
    Do you look them straight in the eye ... kirksey ?
    Be honest.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 20:39
    Do you look them straight in the eye ... kirksey ?
    Be honest.
    Well, any good therapist will tell you that you have to take in the whole picture to get an accurate appraisal of a situation. In that respect I'm a professional.
  13. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 21:01
    There is no requirement to go to a perfect church.
    You think there is a chance, however slim, that you are condemning a church that Christ might accept?
    Do you believe that if a church teaches a lie Christ will accept it?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 21:16
    Well, any good therapist will tell you that you have to take in the whole picture to get an accurate appraisal of a situation. In that respect I'm a professional.
    ๐Ÿ˜€ .. well put.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 21:21
    Do you believe that if a church teaches a lie Christ will accept it?
    You should bear in mind that we are not to judge anyone. Saying that Christ loves sinners is no big deal. What exactly is the lie being taught ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree