1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 21:53
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    The OT was a shadow of Christ, A way of showing how pure Christ is. If you do not understand that then you too are decived in your undersanding.

Is not judging what a church teaches discerning? Isn't teaching lies letting a sin continue in the church?
    No, judging and discernment are 2 different things, only God gets to judge, discernmnet lets us know wether something is good or evil.

The OT is most certainly not a shadow of Christ. For the most part it is a historical record of the tribes of Isreal; it also is a rich text full of the entire spectrum of human conditions. Rape murder, betrayel, love, piety, wrath, rage, long suffering, and faithfulnes just to name a few of the things covered.
    My understanding is by no means decieved, in fact my eyes are wide open. I am under no illusions that I have all the answers (unlike you), and I make an honest attempt to try and fully understand God's word....even if it disagree's with what I believe.
  2. SEMO
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 16:522 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    No, judging and discernment are 2 different things, only God gets to judge, discernmnet lets us know wether something is good or evil.

The OT is most certainly not a shadow of Christ. For the most part it is a historical record of the tribes of Isreal; it also is a rich text full of the entire spectrum of human conditions. Rape murder, betrayel, love, pi ...[text shortened]... t attempt to try and fully understand God's word....even if it disagree's with what I believe.
    If it were only God that does the judging why would the Bible say it will be the saints that judge the world?

The OT has a lot of places where it is shadowing Christ. Granted, it is a historical record of the tribes of Isreal and the human conditions. However, you used the part where it gave laws to fallow, those laws were to show how pure Christ is. That is what I was refering to as a shadow. There are also other parts of the OT that shadows Christ, like the tree of life in Genesis, it was refering to Christ.

BTW, I do not claim to know everything, nor do I claim to have all the truth. I only go by what the Bible teaches and what the Lord reveals to me, not what man teaches. I do not put my trust in man, but in the Lord alone.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 10:40
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    If it were only God that does the judging why would the Bible say it will be the saints that judge the world?

The OT has a lot of places where it is shadowing Christ. Granted, it is a historical record of the tribes of Isreal and the human conditions. However, you used the part where it gave laws to fallow, those laws were to show how pure Christ is. T ...[text shortened]... e Lord reveals to me, not what man teaches. I do not put my trust in man, but in the Lord alone.
    by putting your trust in the bible you are putting your trust in men who claim god told them what to write by meansof the holy spirit. so anyway you look at it you are placing your faith in what man teaches as well

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree