1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 20:48
    How is it that you two, the most fervent defenders of Christianity on the site, do not go to church? Are you not missing out on a place of worship and ministry outreach?

Please, no excuses. Our Lord said "whoever takes hold of the plough and looks homeward is not worthy."
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 00:441 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How is it that you two, the most fervent defenders of Christianity on the site, do not go to church? Are you not missing out on a place of worship and ministry outreach?

Please, no excuses. Our Lord said "whoever takes hold of the plough and looks homeward is not worthy."
    What on earth are you talking about? Where did you get the idea that I don't attend regularly? I'd say that in the last 10 years I'm at 90- 95%.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 00:50
    I think he meant jaywill.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 04:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    What on earth are you talking about? Where did you get the idea that I don't attend regularly? I'd say that in the last 10 years I'm at 90- 95%.
    90-95%? Is that all?
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 05:42
    Obviously they've decided that no local preacher could help them maintain their spiritual awakening as much as conversations with you so they come here for fellowship instead.

Or they like to sleep in.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 07:24
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Obviously they've decided that no local preacher could help them maintain their spiritual awakening as much as conversations with you so they come here for fellowship instead.

Or they like to sleep in.
    the world is my church i pray whenever and wherever i want.

but i do say hello when i walk by the house of the holies
  7. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 16:001 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the world is my church i pray whenever and wherever i want.

but i do say hello when i walk by the house of the holies
    That reminds me of a conversation I had with someone. She's a firm believer (as a "good Catholic" ) that you enter the church silently, pray, etc. and never speak to anyone around you except during the sign of peace. As an apparently "bad Catholic" I thought this was bizarre. I can't imagine that the original apostles and followerers gathered in each others' homes but never spoke or greeted each other, instead sitting rigidly and facing forward. She never got the message that you can pray anywhere, apparently.
  8. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 16:40
    Originally posted by kirksey957

"Are you not missing out on a place of worship and ministry outreach?

What makes you think I don't fellowship with brothers and sisters? I said I don't go to church, I didn't say I didn't fellowship. I don't believe you have to go to a "church" to fellowship. Jesus never went to "church". He said WE were the church. Going to church dosn't make you a christian, same as going to McDonalds don't make you a burger.

Here, where I live, there is no church that fallows the Bible and don't teach lies. Every one of the churches here teaches you have to 'accept' the Lord, or 'choose' Jesus. The Bible never teaches such a thing. Nor does it teach the sinners prayer, or "God hates the sin, but loves the sinner". I am not going to partake of any of those so called 'Christian' churches.

I also have other reasons I do not attend a church. I believe the Lord has called all his people out of them and is no longer working in them.

II Thessalonians 2:3-4 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Revelation 18:2-8 "And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her."

All that is in bold is what I see in the so called churches today. Granted there may be a few, like the one talked about in Rev. 3:7-8, that have not done these things, however I have not found one anywhere here in my area.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 17:02
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    [b]"Are you not missing out on a place of worship and ministry outreach?

What makes you think I don't fellowship with brothers and sisters? I said I don't go to church, I didn't say I didn't fellowship. I don't believe you have to go to a "church" to fellowship. Jesus never went to "church". He said WE were the church. Going to church dosn't make y ...[text shortened]... one these things, however I have not found one anywhere here in my area.[/b]
    So Kirksey my friend ... youre not one of those 'called' by Christ if you are still going to church ... 😀.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 17:03
    Duh, Jesus never went to church! Of course not, he was a Jew! He went to synagogue and there are accounts of that.

You cite scripture as a reason to not go to church but of course you only cite what fits your view. Why not just say you're the Church of Pritybetta because that's what's going on. You have no interest in any view other than your own so you're essentially your own church.

It's always the ones ignorant of theology that are the experts.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 17:131 edit
    [b]"...."God hates the sin, but loves the sinner". ....[/b]
    This is actually in the Bible. Christ spent lots of time with publicans and sinners and preached to them. Religious leaders were basically ignored, so I think is reasonable to say that Christ loved sinners.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 17:26
    [b]"Are you not missing out on a place of worship and ministry outreach?

What makes you think I don't fellowship with brothers and sisters? I said I don't go to church, I didn't say I didn't fellowship. I don't believe you have to go to a "church" to fellowship. Jesus never went to "church". He said WE were the church. Going to church dosn't make y ...[text shortened]... one these things, however I have not found one anywhere here in my area.[/b]
    Well, I have fellowship at Hooters but Josephw is giving me grief about that. Is this kind of fellowship acceptable to you? I feel God's presence there.
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 17:46
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I think he meant jaywill.
    If so, he owes joseph an apology.
  14. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So Kirksey my friend ... youre not one of those 'called' by Christ if you are still going to church ... 😀.
    I didn't say there is none called by Christ in the churches. Didn't you notice I mentioned the one church in Rev. that is still Godly?
  15. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:33
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This is actually in the Bible. Christ spent lots of time with publicans and sinners and preached to them. Religious leaders were basically ignored, so I think is reasonable to say that Christ loved sinners.
    Just because he spent lots of time with them dosn't mean he loved all of them. You can not say that Christ loves everyone just because he spent time with sinners. He spent time with them because the ones who say they were righteous didn't think they needed Christ to save them, only sinners need a saviour.

What about these verses, or should we just throw them out?

Deu 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
    Deu 7:10 And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.
    Deu 7:11 Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.

Psa 139:21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
    Psa 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
    Psa 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God?
    whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree