1. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 22:09
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Where did I say anything to the effect that the expression means that God loves the sin? Infact the expression points out that he 'hates' the sin.

Besides, I don't go to church simply because I have not found one that is like the one in Rev. 3:7-8. And we have tried to talk to most of the churches around here, they just simply tried to twist what they ...[text shortened]... we were explaining to them, or they would not want to hear us at all and would brush us off.
    3:7 "To the angel of the assembly in Philadelphia write: "He who is holy, he who is true, he who has the key of David, he who opens and no one can shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says these things:

3:8 "I know your works (behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one can shut), that you have a little power, and kept my word, and didn't deny my name.

That's really pretty vague as a church description. How is it that other churches aren't living up to the standard, and more importantly, how is it that you and your husband are the only ones who hold the truth and all churches are wrong?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 22:17
    Do you believe that if a church teaches a lie Christ will accept it?
    You have a rather odd theology that says a church must be perfect. Why must a church be any different than us humans? If a church makes an effort to be part of the ministry of Christ, what more do you want?
  3. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 22:331 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You should bear in mind that we are not to judge anyone. Saying that Christ loves sinners is no big deal. What exactly is the lie being taught ?
    The lie that is being taught is that God loves everyone when infact that is not true. The saying "God loves the sinner, but hates the sin" is missleading as to say that the Lord loves everyone. However, I have not found that in scripture, nor has anyone shown me where it is taught. Churches today teach things and say they are in the Bible but never show the congregation where. Or they will take one verse and run with it and twist it to mean what they want.

We are not to judge anyone? The Bible says that the saints will judge the world.

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
    1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
    1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1Co 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
    1Co 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
    1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
    1Co 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
    1Co 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

I do not condemn anyone, what I judge is what the leaders of the churches teach with what the Bible teaches.
  4. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    You have a rather odd theology that says a church must be perfect. Why must a church be any different than us humans? If a church makes an effort to be part of the ministry of Christ, what more do you want?
    What I would like from them is to make sure what they are teaching is true, however, many don't.
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 22:37
    The lie that is being taught is that God loves everyone when infact that is not true. The saying "God loves the sinner, but hates the sin" is missleading as to say that the Lord loves everyone. However, I have not found that in scripture, nor has anyone shown me where it is taught. Churches today teach things and say they are in the Bible but never show t ...[text shortened]... mn anyone, what I judge is what the leaders of the churches teach with what the Bible teaches.
    How do you know that God only loves some people and not others?
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 22:451 edit
    What I would like from them is to make sure what they are teaching is true, however, many don't.
    All this posturing is deja vu all over again. This is exactly what was behind the American Primitism movement of the late 1700's. The motivation behind the movement was that all the European expressions of Christianity (churches) were in apostasy and had strayed; thus, none were the "true church". This gave way to a great many denominations - the Millerites, Quakers, Shakers, Mormons, etc.; the list goes on and on. Of course these ill-educated Americans knew better - heck, just look at the Bible! Just read it!

Of course it's not as simple as that. And it's not as simple as finding your favorite lines of scripture to justify your views. The Devil can do that too, quite successfully. And does. (If you believe in Satan, of course...)
  7. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 22:47
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    [i]3:7 "To the angel of the assembly in Philadelphia write: "He who is holy, he who is true, he who has the key of David, he who opens and no one can shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says these things:

3:8 "I know your works (behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one can shut), that you have a little power, and kept my word, and ...[text shortened]... that you and your husband are the only ones who hold the truth and all churches are wrong?
    Other churches are not living up to the standard because they fallow after the world and not the Lord. The son of perdition has put himself in the temple as if he is God, and they are deceived by him.

I have never said my husband and I are the only ones who hold the truth, there are many out there that know the truth more than I or my husband. However, I know how to discern whether or not a church is teaching lies.
  8. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 22:50
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    How do you know that God only loves some people and not others?
    I have posted scripture to show that he does infact hate some. You must not have read them, nor do I believe you read and study the Bible otherwise you would never have asked such a question.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 23:26
    The lie that is being taught is that God loves everyone when infact that is not true. The saying "God loves the sinner, but hates the sin" is missleading as to say that the Lord loves everyone. However, I have not found that in scripture, nor has anyone shown me where it is taught. Churches today teach things and say they are in the Bible but never show t ...[text shortened]... mn anyone, what I judge is what the leaders of the churches teach with what the Bible teaches.
    Do you know that in 1 Cor 5 Paul was talking about a situation in which a member of the church was screwing his fathers wife? Hence the long lecture?

For your own edification I suggest you read from 1 Cor 1 before you come to any conclusion about 'judging'.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 23:31
    1 Cor 6. You are not a saint. Paul was telling the Corinthian brethren that they should judge EACH OTHER WITHIN THE CHURCH. It was because of the situation of one member having sex with his fathers wife and nobody said anything. In that case when you are intimately familiar with people in your church you should do something when things go wrong.

To use that to mean you can judge all the churches around you is ridiculous.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 23:34
    I have posted scripture to show that he does infact hate some. .....
    Do you prefer that churches preach God hates some people?
  12. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 00:25
    I have posted scripture to show that he does infact hate some. You must not have read them, nor do I believe you read and study the Bible otherwise you would never have asked such a question.
    http://tinyurl.com/6neg2l Plenty of Biblical citations about God's love. There is no debate on whether or not God dislikes behavior; there is nothing that says God feels hatred toward certain people. As to your other statement, I've spent a great deal of time in both Bible study and theology. That doesn't mean I have to agree with your interpretations.
  13. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 01:14
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How is it that you two, the most fervent defenders of Christianity on the site, do not go to church? Are you not missing out on a place of worship and ministry outreach?

Please, no excuses. Our Lord said "whoever takes hold of the plough and looks homeward is not worthy."
    Please, I beg you, I can't take too many more of Pritybetta's posts. For the love of God, don't provoke her. Poking the wasp nest of ignorance that is Pritybetta is just bad cricket old man.
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 14:45
    The word 'world' in that verse was not from the word mankind, it is the word 'kosmos'.

G2889
    κόσμος
    kosmos
    kos'-mos
    Probably from the base of G2865; orderly arrangement, that is, decoration; by implication the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively [morally]): - adorning, world.
    I think you are splitting hairs here; the inhabitants are mankind, my interpretation is correct and you know it, so your false assumption that God doesn't love everyone is proven false.

from your qoute: implication the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively
  15. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 14:47
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you know that in 1 Cor 5 Paul was talking about a situation in which a member of the church was screwing his fathers wife? Hence the long lecture?

For your own edification I suggest you read from 1 Cor 1 before you come to any conclusion about 'judging'.
    why bother? she cherry picks scripture to fit a preconcieved view point.e.g. the world is a horrible place, and special people like here are in God's favor...Calvinism at its worst

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree