1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:07
    @sonship said
    You talk about somebody I love. Why can't I talk about somebody YOU love.
    Go ahead. Tell me what you believe about somebody I love.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:11
    @sonship said
    The writers of the Gospels weaved a fictional character to make a religion.
    Essentially, yes. The supernatural/divine aspect. Yes. For all intents and purposes fictional. A historical figure bestowed with a mythology.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:15
    @sonship said
    Only FMF cares about what is true.
    Only FMF concerns for what is real.
    Whose perspective on what is true and real do you think I should be propagating on this forum ~ and whose cares and concerns ~ if not mine?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:19
    @sonship said
    I know. You use to be a Christian once upon a time. I think you should go into making T-Shirts with that on it. You'd probably make a mint.
    I think you should go into making T-Shirts with that on it.

Why?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:285 edits
    Remember folks. Jesus was executed for sedition against the Roman Government, reasons FMF's clearer take on history of the Christian church.

And Paul who wrote some 13 books of the 27 NT books wrote Romans 13
    So in his basic outlay of the doctrines of the Gospel of God he included words like this:

Let every person be subject to the authorities over them. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are appointed by God.

Handy advice to those wanting to carry on the sedition started by Jesus.

Therefore he who resists the authority opposes what God has appointed, and those who oppose will receive to themselves judgment ...

For because of this you pay taxes; for they are God's officers, attending constantly to this very thing.

Render to all their dues: tax to whom tax is due, revenue to whom revenue, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor." (See Romans chapter 13)

The architect of basic Christian doctrine firmly commits to the sedition fermented by the executed revolutionary.

Oh, when Paul wrote these words, that great friend to the Christian church Caesar Nero was emperor of Rome.

And then there is the leading disciple - Peter, carrying on the sedition of their Master, informing the Christians -

"Be subject to every human institution for the Lord's sake, whether to a king as being supreme, or to governors as being sent by him for vengeance on evildoers and praise to those who do good.

... As free, and yet not having freedomn as a covering for evil, but as slaves of God.

Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God, Honor the king." (See 1 Peter 2:13-17)

This is the leading disciple of the twelve original ones, careful to carry out all the instructions of Jesus as to how to have a sedition against the government.

Don't let FMF deceive you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:33
    @sonship said
    And Paul who wrote some 13 books of the 27 NT books wrote Romans 13
    So in his basic outlay of the doctrines of the Gospel of God he included words like this:

Let every person be subject to the authorities over them. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are appointed by God.

Handy advice to those wanting to carry on the sedition started by Jesus.
    As for Paul, you should perhaps consider reading Creating Christ: How Roman Emperors Invented Christianity (Unabridged) by James S. Valliant, C. W. Fahy. Fascinating and very scholarly. I have the audiobook version of it: I'd be happy to send it to you.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:35
    @sonship said
    Jesus was executed for sedition against the Roman Government, reasons FMF's clearer take on history of the Christian church.
    It's more like my take on the Roman government [and Roman history more generally] and how the Romans executed people and what for.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:37
    @sonship said
    And Paul who wrote some 13 books of the 27 NT books
    Paul, who never met or knew Jesus. Thirteen books? Well, well.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:39
    Sonship, an important detail is that he was really executed for angering the Jewish community as a whole. Indeed, the Roman governor did not really find much issue with him, right, but King Herod, the ethnarch, was the one who put him to death and who also ordered the massacre of the Innocents.

It is also noteworthy that King Herod the Great was the son of Antipater the Idumean. Idumean literally comes from Idumea, which is literally just an updated version of 'Edom.'
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:46
    @sonship said
    This is the leading disciple of the twelve original ones, careful to carry out all the instructions of Jesus as to how to have a sedition against the government.
    Sedition in the eyes of the Romans, the people who executed him.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:528 edits
    @FMF
    I saw it and I can buy it if I am interested.

Alexander Hislop wrote "The Two Babylons" which details HOW Roman Catholicism incorporated pagan traditions into the what had become the state religion around the 6th century. And this because Rome failing to persecute the church out of existence now changed to adopt it as the religion of the empire.

Decay of society and social disintegration can lead governments to desperate measures to hang on to power.

If your book wants to talk about this amalgamation things like Christmas, Easter, Mariolotry, Babylonian garb and wardrobe, holidays, relics, statue worship, idolatry, material rewards for being baptized, I got to know all this years ago.

And this invention of degraded Christiandom is what Jesus predicted in two main parables about the abnormal development of the kingdom of the heavens - the parable of the mustard seed that grew into a great tree where the birds inhabited its branches, and the parable of the woman who weaved leaven into the fine flour until the whole lump became leaven.

Respectively - Matthew 13:31,32 and Matthew 13:33-35.

I already looked up the review of your book. And I suspect that it will contain some valid observations about the time of the subsumming of the world's pagan religions into the Christian doctrine by the RCC then married to the empire, to make the empire's "faith" more palatable to the masses.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 00:59
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    I saw it and I can buy it if I am interested.
    I have just uploaded it to WeTransfer for you and for anyone else who wants to dip into it. Do you want me to send the link to you in the PM?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 01:001 edit
    @sonship said
    If your book wants to talk about this amalgamation things like Christmas, Easter, Mariology, Babylonian garb and wardrobe, holidays, material rewards for being baptized, I got to know all this years ago.
    No. It's not really about that. Not at all. It's about Paul.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 01:051 edit
    @sonship said
    I already looked up the review of your book. And I suspect that it will contain some valid observations about the time of the subsumming of the world's pagan religions into the Christian doctrine by the RCC then married to the empire, to make the empire's "faith" more palatable to the masses.
    I suggest you have a listen. It's about the historical Jesus and Paul and about the decline of Judaism. It's a fascinating angle and, as I said, very scholarly with analysis very much rooted in the Biblical texts. James S. Valliant and C. W. Fahy do not question or express any doubt about the divinity of Christ. Not once. That's not what the book is about. Nor is it really about pagans ~ that's a sub-plot and not really part of the book's main thesis. And it certainly is not about the Roman Catholic Church. It deals with the very early history of the Christians and with Paul.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 01:11
    @FMF

You may send it if you wish.

But I can can easily buy it in a minute.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree