1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 21:53
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    To say they can repent and change is like saying God is unrighteous. Else why are they all thrown in the Lake of Fire in the end?
    Do you think God is making a mistake here? It is just logical to say they cannot repent, because God offers mercy to all that do.
    I understand that you are trying to mitigate what you said and I'm not defending evil. But do you have scriptural evidence to back up your claim that a demon is unchangeable?
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 22:11
    And it burns burns burns, the lake of fire..........🙄
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 22:40
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    (1)I have always thought it interesting that Jesus showed compassion to the demons who possessed people.
    (2)Another thing is that in scripture it states, a third of the angels fell from heaven. Yet in revelations it states, Satan and his followers will go to hell.
    (3) And for those who feel spirits make perminate decissions. If God can change His mind, why not fallen angels too.
    No. I don't believe they will be forgiven for they have no ransom to provide for their sins.

Satan and his demons can change their minds, but there is no work they can do to make up for their sins and no sinless substitute like we have.

The Instructor
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 00:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I understand that you are trying to mitigate what you said and I'm not defending evil. But do you have scriptural evidence to back up your claim that a demon is unchangeable?
    There is no verse that claims that. It is the logic of the written word.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 04:38
    I'm going to press you on this. please show the "logic" that supports you claim that a demon is unchangeable. Let's remember that without God's intervention there is no repentance for any of us.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 05:41
    Am I right that according to your beliefs, humans are also unchangeable i.e. they too will be thrown into hell unless they believe in Jesus. According to some Christians, nobody can get into heaven on merit. Is this your belief too?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 06:06
    I'm going to press you on this. please show the "logic" that supports you claim that a demon is unchangeable. Let's remember that without God's intervention there is no repentance for any of us.
    I'm glad you called him on this. I was going to question his use of the
    word 'logic' (methinks from the Hinds Dictionary) but thought I would
    be accused of theist-bashing.
    🙂
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 10:44
    You have answered your own question. Have you seen in the bible where God intervened to save a demon?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 10:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Am I right that according to your beliefs, humans are also unchangeable i.e. they too will be thrown into hell unless they believe in Jesus. According to some Christians, nobody can get into heaven on merit. Is this your belief too?
    Yes and no...Some will be judged with out the law..
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 10:45
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I'm glad you called him on this. I was going to question his use of the
    word 'logic' (methinks from the Hinds Dictionary) but thought I would
    be accused of theist-bashing.
    🙂
    Theist bashing? Your afraid of that accusation? Since when?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 11:01
    Yes and no...Some will be judged with out the law..
    I have no idea what you mean by that. Can you clarrify.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 14:14
    You have answered your own question. Have you seen in the bible where God intervened to save a demon?
    The Bible is not a complete record of all events under the sun, neither does it contain sufficient information to understand everything said within its pages. The concept of Devil, Satan, Sin, Evil, Serpent etc and how these came about is not fully explained. The relationship between these and God Christ and the angels similarly is not fully explained.

So you can extrapolate all you like and use human logic to arrive at your conclusions but it is important to never forget that these are just personal interpretations and subject to error.

Bear in mind that Christ referred to the Pharisees collectively as 'children of the devil' and their father is the Devil himself, and called many curses and woes on them. But God drew out several of these same Pharisees for his use and work This is how Paul emerged as an instrument of Gods will ; and he was among the most zealous in his persecution of the early Christians.

Why is there some need to make conclusions and decisions for God?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 16:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The Bible is not a complete record of all events under the sun, neither does it contain sufficient information to understand everything said within its pages. The concept of Devil, Satan, Sin, Evil, Serpent etc and how these came about is not fully explained. The relationship between these and God Christ and the angels similarly is not fully explained.

So ...[text shortened]... on of the early Christians.

Why is there some need to make conclusions and decisions for God?
    There isn't, I am sharing my opinion, they ask, I share...
    I can't believe I am saying this, but if someone here thinks a demon is changeable, invite one into your home and have a go at it.
    Good luck with that...
    I have nothing more to say on this topic, it is fruitless and foolish.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 21:431 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have no idea what you mean by that. Can you clarrify.
    Yes I will, Humans cannot change unless God does a work in them. Sure, they can quit smoking, discipline themselves in certain areas, but their nature, the heart, is bent on doing evil, they cannot change on their own.
    Jer 13:23
    23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin
    or the leopard its spots?
    Neither can you do good
    who are accustomed to doing evil.
    NIV

Here is another...
    Jer 17:9-10

9 The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.
    Who can understand it?

10 "I the Lord search the heart
    and examine the mind,
    to reward a man according to his conduct,
    according to what his deeds deserve."
    NIV

The ones judged without the law will be those who have never heard of God nor Jesus Christ....
    Rom 2:12-16
    For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
    NKJV
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 23:53
    There isn't, I am sharing my opinion, they ask, I share...
    I can't believe I am saying this, but if someone here thinks a demon is changeable, invite one into your home and have a go at it.
    Good luck with that...
    I have nothing more to say on this topic, it is fruitless and foolish.
    I really have to wonder sometimes Checkbaiter how you go off on an tangent. The opening post says
    ..Jesus showed compassion to the demons who possessed people.
    You then carried on about how demons are unchangeable and now you top it off with someone inviting a demon into their home?

The topic is fine. The direction you went is fruitless and foolish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree