1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 02:22
    (1)I have always thought it interesting that Jesus showed compassion to the demons who possessed people.
    (2)Another thing is that in scripture it states, a third of the angels fell from heaven. Yet in revelations it states, Satan and his followers will go to hell.
    (3) And for those who feel spirits make perminate decissions. If God can change His mind, why not fallen angels too.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 03:49
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I have always thought it interesting that Jesus showed compassion to the demons who possessed people.
    Your use of the word "always" is a little misleading as there is little evidence. Nevertheless the point is an interesting one to me.

Should we behave like our enemies? No of course not. Jesus was the representation of God's mercy and love. Eternal hell because someone says I don't believe in you!? Can't believe in you!? That's not the God of my experience or how I see him represented in scripture.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 06:36
    (1)I have always thought it interesting that Jesus showed compassion to the demons who possessed people.
    (2)Another thing is that in scripture it states, a third of the angels fell from heaven. Yet in revelations it states, Satan and his followers will go to hell.
    (3) And for those who feel spirits make perminate decissions. If God can change His mind, why not fallen angels too.
    Nope
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 07:48
    Many Christians here see the Christian god's omniscient transcending time
    therefore the concept of god "changing his mind" is somewhat bizarre!

"Changing his mind" would also suggest that his first decision was faulty ..
    do you subscribe to that?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 13:303 edits

I don't think there is any compassion shown by Jesus towards demons. If He allowed them to escape into pigs from infesting a man it was only because their TIME of the tormenting had not come yet.

They asked "Have you come here to torment us before the time?"

Everything is done at the appropriate time. What time God DID allot to them to repent probably was before the creation of man.

I have no problem that God alloted to all the rebels, angelic and otherwise, a space of time to repent and be reconciled to God. My suspicion is that that span of time has long since come and gone. What beings DID repent, we do not know. If any did repent we also do not know.

Any sympathy you hold in your heart for the Devil, bad angels, and demons, I can assure you, Satan will exploit to see that you are deceived.

Don't waste your time feeling sorry for Satan, his angels and his demons. Sympathy towards your fellow man is the need. And to be saved and share the gospel with your fellow man, THAT is the need.

Any soft spot in your emotions you reserve for Satan and company he will only exploit to bring you into deception.

Jesus is Lord.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 13:38
    I am not sure you have begun to see the depravity of evil....Satan and his followers are the source of all the evil, all the heart ache,all the fears, etc., since the beginning.
    They are unchangeable, they cannot be rehabilitated...
  7. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 14:35
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I am not sure you have begun to see the depravity of evil....Satan and his followers are the source of all the evil, all the heart ache,all the fears, etc., since the beginning.
    What does that say about your God, who created them?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 16:04
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    It says choose life.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 19:33
    How do you know this?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 20:06
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    You should read the Bible to see what is said about God. I mean read everything that is written there and not selectively.

It says that God will not force any being to choose him if he really does not want God.

What does it say about a man who doesn't know at what moment his heart will beat its last beat, and he ignores each passing moment to avail himself of God's redemptive love and salvation ?

I mean manufacturing excuse after excuse. Contriving rationale after rationale why the Son of God's death for his salvation, an act of great love.

What does it say about a person who loves each day without Christ as his Savior and Lord - just letting one more day pass to enjoy his sins ?

I think it says the unbelieving one if being cheated from the best of life. And he is recklessly playing with his eternal destiny.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 20:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How do you know this?
    The bible tells me so....The news on T.V. confirms it..
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 20:25
    The bible tells me so....The news on T.V. confirms it..
    TV confirms that a fallen angel is unchangeable?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 20:42
    TV confirms that a fallen angel is unchangeable?
    Well sir, you didn't say which part. TV confirms the extent of evil. It is probably worse than what they portray too...

The part you ask about, the bible tells me so, otherwise God would have used other means instead of destroying Satan and demons.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 21:20
    Well sir, you didn't say which part. TV confirms the extent of evil. It is probably worse than what they portray too...

The part you ask about, the bible tells me so, otherwise God would have used other means instead of destroying Satan and demons.
    Yes, so where in the Bible does it tell you that demons are unchangeable?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 21:50
    Yes, so where in the Bible does it tell you that demons are unchangeable?
    To say they can repent and change is like saying God is unrighteous. Else why are they all thrown in the Lake of Fire in the end?
    Do you think God is making a mistake here? It is just logical to say they cannot repent, because God offers mercy to all that do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree