1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 05:38
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    [b]Gentlemen, Checkbaiter and Rajk999, maybe it is i you should send your quarrel to.After all i started this thread.

First thing is we all don't have the same bible. I use the Jerusalem Bible, and i have noticed the version i own is slightly different from a newer Jerusalem Bible. Some of you use the King James with the these, thy's, those and thusses. S ...[text shortened]... an and wickedness the same.

I'ld contiue, but i need to get off this computer, peace, friends[/B]
    I know what you mean. You can thank those damn British for adding "THY, THOU, THEE, THINE" and such irritating words as that. I usually quote from the New King James Version or the New American Standard Bible to avoid those irritating British words.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 06:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I know what you mean. You can thank those damn British for adding "THY, THOU, THEE, THINE" and such irritating words as that. I usually quote from the New King James Version or the New American Standard Bible to avoid those irritating British words.
    They were the correct English words at the time it was translated. They were not 'added', they were direct translations. English has moved on since then but many people think it sounds cooler in Old English so they hold on to the older translations.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 00:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    They were the correct English words at the time it was translated. They were not 'added', they were direct translations. English has moved on since then but many people think it sounds cooler in Old English so they hold on to the older translations.
    Yes i know that (correct English at the time), and many people will swear that it is the correct translation. Even though you take a KJ from the 60's and compare it to a KJ of today. Lot of differences.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree