1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 01:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I really have to wonder sometimes Checkbaiter how you go off on an tangent. The opening post says
    ..Jesus showed compassion to the demons who possessed people.
    You then carried on about how demons are unchangeable and now you top it off with someone inviting a demon into their home?

The topic is fine. The direction you went is fruitless and foolish.
    You know Raj, I wonder about you as well, I am not sure what you believe.

First of all I don't see where Jesus had compassion on demons. Just because he permitted them into swine does not imply that.

Remember, these were Jews and were not supposed to have swine in the first place. What were they doing with swine?
    If this is compassion, why did they go over a ravine and die? The demons did not die, they just went their way to look for a new home.

I still hold to my opinion that demons cannot be rehabilitated, that is why I said what I said.
    I also still stand by the topic as being fruitless and foolish.
    Where is the profit? Where is the edification? Enlighten me please..
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 03:28
    Originally posted by checkbaiter

I still hold to my opinion that demons cannot be rehabilitated,....

Where is the edification?
    Where indeed.

A grown man talking about demons as if they are real 😞
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 04:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Where indeed.

What a small world you live in...😞
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 04:31
    What a small world you live in...😞
    LOL.
    Yes my world is smaller than yours because it does not contain fantasy creatures.

Although I dare say it makes up for that with real wonders of nature.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 08:49
    Have you seen in the bible where God intervened to save a demon?
    As you were the one who introduced "logic" into the conversation, I'm surprised to see you drop it so quickly.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 13:39
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Where indeed.

You don't think they are?
    Kelly
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 13:41
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    (1)I have always thought it interesting that Jesus showed compassion to the demons who possessed people.
    (2)Another thing is that in scripture it states, a third of the angels fell from heaven. Yet in revelations it states, Satan and his followers will go to hell.
    (3) And for those who feel spirits make perminate decissions. If God can change His mind, why not fallen angels too.
    There would have to be a place for forgiveness and there isn't one for them.
    They are all in when it comes to their evil nature, to believe anything else
    is to set yourself up to be deceived.
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 00:09
    I am not sure you have begun to see the depravity of evil....Satan and his followers are the source of all the evil, all the heart ache,all the fears, etc., since the beginning.
    They are unchangeable, they cannot be rehabilitated...
    I have more to say, but my son is waiting to play a game with me. I know all things are possible in God.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 08:14
    You know Raj, I wonder about you as well, I am not sure what you believe.

First of all I don't see where Jesus had compassion on demons. Just because he permitted them into swine does not imply that.

Remember, these were Jews and were not supposed to have swine in the first place. What were they doing with swine?
    If this is compassion, why did the ...[text shortened]... ing fruitless and foolish.
    Where is the profit? Where is the edification? Enlighten me please..
    Part of the reason you hold this "opinion" is because of your belief that god is not sovereign.

I'd be interested in the JW position on this, but I'm currently being "shunned".
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Part of the reason you hold this "opinion" is because of your belief that god is not sovereign.

I'd be interested in the JW position on this, but I'm currently being "shunned".
    I believe God is sovereign, maybe I worded it wrong. Sovereign does not mean Authoritarian. ruthless,etc.
    What I should have said is God will not go against his own laws, rules, character.
    I don't remember the topic, but if Satan has been given ruler-ship over the earth, God will not just take it away without being a gentleman about it.
    He will do it in such a way that it would hold up in court, where his righteousness is beyond question.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 11:18
    I believe God is sovereign, maybe I worded it wrong. Sovereign does not mean Authoritarian. ruthless,etc.
    What I should have said is God will not go against his own laws, rules, character.
    I don't remember the topic, but if Satan has been given ruler-ship over the earth, God will not just take it away without being a gentleman about it.
    He will do it in such a way that it would hold up in court, where his righteousness is beyond question.
    I cannot remember that the Bible says that 'Satan has been given ruler-ship over the earth.' Can you provide a reference?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 13:43
    I cannot remember that the Bible says that 'Satan has been given ruler-ship over the earth.' Can you provide a reference?
    And the devil said to Him, "I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
    - New American Standard Version (1995)

There are many more references, but this should do.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 14:19
    [b]And the devil said to Him, "I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.

There are many more references, but this should do.[/b]
    Actually no, that cannot do. All of a sudden you want to put your faith in something reportedly said by the Devil himself? If you have anything else I would like to see it.

In the meantime consider this :

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.

Jesus Christ himself is saying that all authority is given to him. I personally would not put any trust in what is reportedly said by the Devil.

Christ warns about that. Read this carefully :

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof.

You are putting your trust in a liar. You cannot claim to believe in Christ and then trust the words of the Devil.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 17:33
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    (1)I have always thought it interesting that Jesus showed compassion to the demons who possessed people.
    (2)Another thing is that in scripture it states, a third of the angels fell from heaven. Yet in revelations it states, Satan and his followers will go to hell.
    (3) And for those who feel spirits make perminate decissions. If God can change His mind, why not fallen angels too.
    No.......
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '13 00:53
    Actually no, that cannot do. All of a sudden you want to put your faith in something reportedly said by the Devil himself? If you have anything else I would like to see it.

In the meantime consider this :

[b]Mat 28:18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.

Jesus ...[text shortened]... ur trust in a liar. You cannot claim to believe in Christ and then trust the words of the Devil.[/b]
    Jesus Christ himself is saying that all authority is given to him. I personally would not put any trust in what is reportedly said by the Devil.

Yes, but that authority is not yet, it is in abeyance . Not until he returns...
    Who is causing Hurricanes, tornadoes,? Who is here to kill steal and destroy? Let's see, if I turn on the news, who is directing this world? Jesus?
    Yeah, nothing to look at here, you must be right, Raj..

Now, let's look at this verse a little closer..

And the devil said to Him, "I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.

Now here he is Satan, the bible calls him cunning.
    But let's see, he knows who Jesus is. He has to come up with some brilliant temptation that Jesus will not easily see through, so yeah how about this?

"I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.

Nah, you must be right Raj, nothing here.

But wait, Jesus didn't come out and say, "Satan, this authority has not been delivered to you! You can't give me that!"

Probably just an oversight, Yep, that dumb Satan thought he could put one over on Jesus...never mind Raj, this is not worth pursuing any further.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree