1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 19:00
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You have never answered the simple question 'Do you believe in God' and are apparently too simple to realize that by answering it just once you will prevent it being asked of you in perpetuity.

If that's not the definition of a 'simp' I don't know what is.

Evidently GoaD doesn't know what a simp is.

A simp is a troll like GoaD that repeatedly asks the same question and variations thereof across multiple threads for months on end.

GoaD can't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that it's basically an example of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

GoaD is such a simp.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 19:09
    @thinkofone said

A simp is a troll like GoaD that repeatedly asks the same question and variations thereof across multiple threads for months on end.

GoaD can't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that it's basically an example of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

GoaD is such a simp.
    Trademark spamming of the same old deflection. Try and answer this question as if you were a grown up:

"Why do you think you can credibly challenge people about what they believe when you refuse completely to share your own theological position?"

Textbook simp. Your weediness is palpable.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 19:14
    @wolfgang59 said
    Cute.
    Yes, sorry that was me being a smart a$$, my bad it wasn't a good idea.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 19:24
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Trademark spamming of the same old deflection. Try and answer this question as if you were a grown up:

"Why do you think you can credibly challenge people about what they believe when you refuse completely to share your own theological position?"

Textbook simp. Your weediness is palpable.
    Evidently GoaD still doesn't know what a simp is.

GoaD also can't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that he keeps SPAMming the forum with all those posts.

GoaD is such a simp.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 19:53
    @wolfgang59 said
    Do you think it logical for science to accept the possibility of all things?
    Minus my moronic earlier verbiage.

Science should go where the evidence leads no matter where that is and what we
    think the evidence is saying. That said, if we are not careful, we can cut off enquiry
    due to dogma in either the realm of spiritual faith ideology, or even a materialistic
    ideology. Getting locked in blinds us to somethings that could be right in front of
    us.

I don't know if you watched the link on page one, someone was questioning the
    constants of the speed of light, and gravity. It was something I have never heard
    someone do before, interesting.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 20:18
    @ThinkOfOne

I think you inadvertently missed the pertinent question:

7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 21:04
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @ThinkOfOne

I think you inadvertently missed the pertinent question:

Evidently GoaD still doesn't know what a simp is.

GoaD also can't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that he keeps SPAMming the forum with all those posts.

GoaD is such a simp.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 21:23
    @thinkofone said

GoaD is such a simp.
    You are a fake and a coward old chap. You came to these forums with a pretence and that pretence has been exposed. If you fessed up, showed your hand etc, you could move on from this embarrassment you are experiencing.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 23:01
    @KellyJay

Can science acknowledge the possibility of God? Strange question.

Science can postulate the possibility of an as-yet unobserved planet which would account for observed perturbations in the orbits of known planets, and then set about training telescopes on the portion of sky where such a hypothetical body would have to be to exert the observed effect on the other planets. Science can postulate the possibility of a vaccine against some known pathogen, and then set about testing samples against a control. Science can postulate the possibility of gravitational waves, and then set about engineering a detector to try to verify the hypothesis. Etc. However, we have no 'control universe' which would allow us to compare what one universe would look like with a God and another one without a God; nor is there any such thing as a God detector which would indicate the difference (if there were any).

Can science see God?

If you mean literally, with some kind of apparatus (like a telescope), no.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 23:171 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Science really has no limits as to its scope.
    If gods exist they would be a legitimate field of enquiry for science.

As to knowing all there is ... if it is possible it will be possible with science.
    Quite definitively, science has limits. Science is capable of explaining generalities, such as how species h. saps evolved from other species. It does not explain individuals; there is no explaining Goethe or Bobby Fischer, for example. Statistics predicts very accurately how a nation will probably vote, but very poorly how you will probably vote; statistics predicts the exact odds of someone's winning the lottery, but not what you'd spend the money on if you won it. Psychology tracks very accurately the maturation stages from teenagers to adults; it explains nothing about why you become infatuated with one cheerleader rather than another. Economics predicts broadly how regulated free markets work; it explains nothing about why you buy one particular brand of soap and not another, or whether you're likely to buy a Ford or a Chevy next week. Nutrition explains very accurately what foods are healthful and necessary for humans in general; it explains nothing about why you like chocolate ice cream better than pistachio, or whether you are more likely to take water or wine or beer with dinner tomorrow night.

Examples could be multiplied endlessly.

The world consists of particulars; every sunset is absolutely unique. Science renders only generalities.

This is precisely the attraction of a personal saviour: it relates the individual man's uniqueness to a larger purpose.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 23:53
    @moonbus said
    @KellyJay

Can science acknowledge the possibility of God? Strange question.

Science can postulate the possibility of an as-yet unobserved planet which would account for observed perturbations in the orbits of known planets, and then set about training telescopes on the portion of sky where such a hypothetical body would have to be to exert the observed effect on ...[text shortened]... ce see God?[/b]

If you mean literally, with some kind of apparatus (like a telescope), no.
    I agree completely, a follow up questions if you don't mind.

Now one of the things debated here and else where, is that undirected natural
    processes are the cause for some very complex things forming. You think it is
    possible to tell the difference between an undirected natural process and a
    directed one, when while looking at something so complex we don't grasp the
    level of complexity involved, we are still learning all of the ins and outs?

I've been watching several debates on different topics and the discussions seem to
    revolve around the two different starting points. Dawkins gives a good summary
    in his book the "Blind Watch Maker" this means there are two main camps maybe
    there are more those that think there is designed with no purpose it was and is
    all undirected, than those that say it looks designed with a purpose, because it is.

Blind Watch Maker
    "The difference is one of complexity of design. Biology is the study of complicated
    things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose."

I've seen people point to snowflakes and claim they have a design, but there are
    no stop and start mechanisms like those managing blood clotting, and a host of
    other life saving operations within a living systems found in snowflakes. At least
    those on of the level of that if they start to early, or late, it could end badly.

We all have bias and before we even start thinking about this, many of us have
    our minds made up. Can people within science acknowledge the possibility that
    within science the possibility of God is real by the evidence there is? Right now
    with some of the testimonies I have seen and read, there is a price for such an
    acknowledgement that can cost someone dearly. This reaction justified?
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 01:49
    @thinkofone said
    What's the matter with your reading comprehension ToO?

Absolutely nothing.

Having difficulty understanding Kelly's intent?

Not at all.

No. That's not it. You're just a troll. You don't feel relevant unless you're insulting and deriding someone, preferably a Christian.

Can't you see how blatantly obvious you are?

SecondSon continues his desperate attempt to defend KJ's nonsense.
    I'm not defending kelly. Are you that dense?

I'm calling you out for the lying hypocrite you are.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 02:11
    @kellyjay said
    Science should go where the evidence leads no matter where that is and what we
    think the evidence is saying.
    The opposite of this is assuming you know the answer before you begin and throwing out anything that doesn't support that assumption. Guess which one you're doing?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 02:16
    @suzianne said
    The opposite of this is assuming you know the answer before you begin and throwing out anything that doesn't support that assumption. Guess which one you're doing?
    Actually I am admitting that is the issue, being locked in.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 02:21
    @kellyjay said
    We all have bias and before we even start thinking about this, many of us have
    our minds made up. Can people within science acknowledge the possibility that
    within science the possibility of God is real by the evidence there is? Right now
    with some of the testimonies I have seen and read, there is a price for such an
    acknowledgement that can cost someone dearly. This reaction justified?
    No, science deals with evidence. There is no evidence for God, there is no evidence against God. (Personally, I'd rather have Free Will.) Scientists, on their own, away from work, have every right to believe in God or not to believe, just like everyone else. That belief has zero place in their work. I want people of science to follow the science in their work. They can follow God, or not follow God, on their own time. They're hired because of their qualifications in science, not for their opinions about God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree