can we have paece

can we have paece

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
30 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by realeyez
Well to be honest i can't say most people are unable to be dispassionate about their beliefs when they feel threatened. I just don't think people are willing to listen. I have wittnessed more name calling, jokes at someones expense, and Im right your wrong mentality, then just sharing opinions. Not to say that, that doesnt happen. I once post "I Love Jesus" good time, but thats usually when your amongst friends. So that being said thats my goal.
My intention is not to stir up anything, but to grow closer to my fellow chess players

For no other reason to show my argumentative streak I challenge that particular statement based on the following exchange in the "Jesus is Lord" thread:

karoly aczel: I meant: Is the way forward for a christian like it is implied in the first post? Do you have to be so demonstrative about JC all the time?

(I'm not talking about martial arts weapons or any such thing.)

realeyez: Oh sorry I put the post up there to prove a point. I told my friends that I can make a statement and that I would receive insults from people. No one even has to reply, if they dont agree they don't. The first responence I got back was an insult. Its funny to me We're in a spiritual section of a forum, so why do people get so defensive when I post something spiritual. Thats life I guess. To answer your question where else am I suppose to post my comment. Out of the forum topics availiable it fits best in here. If the reads as if I have an attitude I dont I mean that as a actual question.

If what you posted above is true then this is clearly a planned incitement to hostility on your part.

r

Moves
30 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
[b]My intention is not to stir up anything, but to grow closer to my fellow chess players

For no other reason to show my argumentative streak but I challenge that particular statement based on the following exchange in the "Jesus is Lord" thread:

[i]karoly aczel: I meant: Is the way forward for a christian like it is implied in the first post? u posted above is true then this is clearly a planned incitement to hostility on your part.[/b]
I don't think so I didn't make anyone respond. Its choice. I could say anything and that statement should not have triggered the negitive reaction I got. If you said I dont believe in God but I believe in science. My thought is nothing thats your choice. So why attack you. Now at the beginning of this thread I did say anything that I might have said to offend anyone I apologize. So in that if it did offend anyone sorry.

I dont mean Karoly's responds theirs was just a question.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Sep 10

Well what game would you consider a "game of intellects". I would love to try.
Formal debate.

F

Moves
30 Sep 10

can we have paece

Regardless of what religious practice we all my have or lack of practice. From believing in Jesus, to Ali, Budda, the universe, science etc. Can we learn to except one anothers differences without insults? I enjoy a good debate when both parties are open, not just trying to prove their own point for the sake of trying to sound smart. I ...[text shortened]... ts we should behave in that manner, so having said that is peace possible? Your opinions please.
When I say that mircles are scientific impossible, or god cannot be proven, then some christian fundamentalists take this as an insult.
When they say that scientists are fraudaoulus and there are no evidence for evolution or BigBang, then I should take this as a fact (and not be insulted), if not, they feel insulted, again.

And this is the obstacle - we cannot debate on equal terms. If we try, they feel insulted.

If they feel disrespected, then they should also give respect to other's opinions. They should aknowledge that there are other truths than theirs. They should (as we should) respect others beliefs.

Without mutual respect for other, there will be an everlasting conflict. And in real life (outside RHP, in the big world) there will allways be religious wars. Wars between different religions, and between within religions. Even christians killing other christians who have not the correct beliefs.

r

Moves
30 Sep 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
When I say that mircles are scientific impossible, or god cannot be proven, then some christian fundamentalists take this as an insult.
When they say that scientists are fraudaoulus and there are no evidence for evolution or BigBang, then I should take this as a fact (and not be insulted), if not, they feel insulted, again.

And this is the obstacle - ...[text shortened]... en within religions. Even christians killing other christians who have not the correct beliefs.
I agree I know their will alway be wars concerning religions, within and with people who believe differently. I myself just dont want to spread it anymore even in the form of post. Who knows maybe creating peace here can spread your (people in general) friends and then there friends etc.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
30 Sep 10

Hey Realeyez you have to understand these forums are like the wild wild west!!
Sometimes I find the atheist here more refreshing than those of faith. I'm one of faith but this just aint the place for peace is all. I think your idea of playing chess face to face is cool. You have the time go to Cross Roads mall in Bellevue. There is a big 8'x8' chess board there. Wood pieces and a bunch of good fast food places there at the mall.

Manny

t

Moves
30 Sep 10

Regardless of what religious practice we all my have or lack of practice. From believing in Jesus, to Ali, Budda, the universe, science etc. Can we learn to except one anothers differences without insults? I enjoy a good debate when both parties are open, not just trying to prove their own point for the sake of trying to sound smart. I myself I live in Rent ...[text shortened]... ts we should behave in that manner, so having said that is peace possible? Your opinions please.
nice thread

t

Moves
30 Sep 10
1 edit

You are correct with the intellet comment, what Im looking for is just more games the challenege the mind. Otheo I believe is what its called tho I have seen it under different names I love. So I am just looking for a wider varity thats all. Do you have any in mind?
If I sent you a challenge, would you accept?

I always give white to my opponent..

Or better yet, could we if you are still around possibly have a 15 min. blitz or longer, being I shall be gone from this site for a while, and it would be ridiculous to start an online?

r

Moves
30 Sep 10

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
If I sent you a challenge, would you accept?

I always give white to my opponent..

Or better yet, could we if you are still around possibly have a 15 min. blitz or longer, being I shall be gone from this site for a while, and it would be ridiculous to start an online?
I would except although I am a non paying member so I only can have up to six people to play, and I am already at my max. once a i get an opening I will play you

r

Moves
30 Sep 10

Originally posted by menace71
Hey Realeyez you have to understand these forums are like the wild wild west!!
Sometimes I find the atheist here more refreshing than those of faith. I'm one of faith but this just aint the place for peace is all. I think your idea of playing chess face to face is cool. You have the time go to Cross Roads mall in Bellevue. There is a big 8'x8' chess board there. Wood pieces and a bunch of good fast food places there at the mall.

Manny
We have one of those to at Westlake Center in Downtown Seattle. I work fairly close to it (aboput 5 blocks away) So you live in Belleve? If so were pretty close to each other. I do realize this peace more than likely will not happen in this or any other forum. Not as long as people have opinions. But you never know unless you try. 😀. and I have to try even if I sound like Im🙄. Maybe we can play sometime. I have a four way chess set at home. Just playing that can hurt the brian lol

r

Moves
30 Sep 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Formal debate.
formal debate cant argue with that

t

Moves
30 Sep 10

I would except although I am a non paying member so I only can have up to six people to play, and I am already at my max. once a i get an opening I will play you
I messaged you about a game bro, it's in your home profile

t

Moves
30 Sep 10

We have one of those to at Westlake Center in Downtown Seattle. I work fairly close to it (aboput 5 blocks away) So you live in Belleve? If so were pretty close to each other. I do realize this peace more than likely will not happen in this or any other forum. Not as long as people have opinions. But you never know unless you try. 😀. and I have to try even ...[text shortened]... can play sometime. I have a four way chess set at home. Just playing that can hurt the brian lol
yeah, well, this "brYan" huhuhu wishes he never had a brainnnnnnnn! lol =p

T

Moves
30 Sep 10

Well ceasing in those actions is my goal, and I mean this from the heart. By me admitting my actions were wrong I am taking responsibility. I would list specifics but to be honest I don't remember them all. I have called people cowards, I've have said that they hide behind their mother's skirt etc. That was wrong of me to do, hence the Im sorry. If people ...[text shortened]... t is right. I realize life is too short to hold on to anger, so I am determined to enjoy it.
Perhaps you didn't understand what I was trying to get across. If ceasing those actions were truly your goal, you would take responsibility for specific actions. If you don't remember specific actions, how can you possibly cease doing them?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Sep 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas

And this is the obstacle - ...[text shortened]... en within religions. Even christians killing other christians who have not the correct beliefs.
You are correct Fab that there is and always will be problems between religions. It has been that way thru the history of mankind.
I know you don't believe the Bible but a good percentage of the world does. And most believe they are right or have the right or true religon. But why does the hate factor arise even within just the Christian community? Christian against Christian.