1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Out of sheer curiosity ThinkOfOne, does my request arger (this word may not be the best one to use) you? Just going by your replies, my answers seem to upset you to some degree, or you just disagree with me for what ever reason you have that is unknown to me. Every thing I have said you have rebutal for. Wanting people to get along is a good thing. But like ...[text shortened]... ce my trust in Him, and to not allow my emotions to answer for me, as I have done on this forum.
    Out of sheer curiosity ThinkOfOne, does my request arger (this word may not be the best one to use) you? Just going by your replies, my answers seem to upset you to some degree, or you just disagree with me for what ever reason you have that is unknown to me.

Don't know how the reasons could be "unknown" to you, as I explained the reasons. If you reread my responses you'll see that I did. There were false and/or hypocritical statements in your second post and there was a disingenuousness to your apology.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 23:29
    I don't think so I didn't make anyone respond. Its choice. I could say anything and that statement should not have triggered the negitive reaction I got. If you said I dont believe in God but I believe in science. My thought is nothing thats your choice. So why attack you. Now at the beginning of this thread I did say anything that I might have said to offe ...[text shortened]... t if it did offend anyone sorry.

I dont mean Karoly's responds theirs was just a question.
    Whether or not they had a choice or not is irrelevant. YOUR intention was clearly to "stir something up" in order to "prove a point" to your friends.

As I said earlier:
    You might want to consider that proclaiming "Jesus is Lord. The King of kings and the Lord of lords. I Love You" with no other content, you are in effect exhibiting an "Im[sic] right your[sic] wrong mentality".

You knew that this would likely provoke a response and your intent was to do so.
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 08:51
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Try jumping off a bridge.
    Fixed.

Just thought I will get into the spirit of this peaceful thread.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 10:093 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You are correct Fab that there is and always will be problems between religions. It has been that way thru the history of mankind.
    I know you don't believe the Bible but a good percentage of the world does. And most believe they are right or have the right or true religon. But why does the hate factor arise even within just the Christian community? Christian against Christian.
    Because every Christian is told to believe their particular brand of Christianity™ is the truth. The others are wrong.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 11:26
    There will never be peace on this planet while 99% of people are in ignorance.

Ignorance is the cause of all conflict.

To get rid of ignorance, then all people who follow false beliefs must give them up, and aknowledge truth.

The only place to find truth is in the Vedanta teachings.

The Bible, Koran, Buddism,Torah etc, has a tiny amount of truth, and that is why with billions of people following them, the world is in a mess.

No one is enquiring into Vedanta teachings, and still through ignorance they immediately dismiss them.

You will know what I mean, because as soon as I post this, 20 people will comment back, and say Vedanta is the same as the rest. (and it isn,t)

Vedanta is a work of knowledge and truth, that has millions of verse,s, and untill you explore them all, you have no judgement to make.

Even if you explored the entire Vedanta teachings, if you are envious of God, and have the fault finding attitude, you will not succeed in raising your consciouness.
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 11:34
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

To get rid of ignorance, then all people who follow false beliefs must give them up, and aknowledge truth.

The Bible, Koran, Buddism,Torah etc, has a tiny amount of tru ...[text shortened]... of God, and have the fault finding attitude, you will not succeed in raising your consciouness.
    How do you know the Vedanta teachings are correct?

Vedanta is a work of knowledge and truth, that has millions of verse,s, and untill you explore them all, you have no judgement to make.

Let's say, for example, that 10 people came up to me with different sets of teachings, each of which has millions of verses. They each claim that they all have the truth. Do I have to explore them all to make any kind of judgement? What about if it was 100 people? or 1,000?
  7. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 13:46
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Whether or not they had a choice or not is irrelevant. YOUR intention was clearly to "stir something up" in order to "prove a point" to your friends.

As I said earlier:
    [quote]You might want to consider that proclaiming "Jesus is Lord. The King of kings and the Lord of lords. I Love You" with no other content, you are in effect exhibiting an "Im[sic] ...[text shortened]... ote]

You knew that this would likely provoke a response and your intent was to do so.
    To be honest the Im right your wrong mentality never entered my thoughts, not even once. As far as it being disingenuousness, thats your opinion, sorry if you feel that way. I have made my apology and I havent done it (insults) since, so whether or not you choose to take it, thats up to you. For me Jesus is my Lord and my King. You can serve Him with me or not. Im saying that to make it more personal for me. This way I can hopefully show you I am striving for change. "The whole Im right your wrong mentality" He is whats right for me, so Im not say your wrong for anything. Im just stating that He is whats right for me. I'm curious, why, why the anger? It has to be bigger than what I posted. I have admitted that I was wrong, even stated a few specific examples. Yet here I am defending my apology.

If the world could admit when they have done something wrong, and then stopped doing those actions "repentance" wouldnt it be a better place. I have stated, Im not perfect, I WILL and I stress the WILL make errors, but Im striving to do better. For what I believe Jesus never asked us to be perfect, thats why He came down cause nobody is. Jesus asked us to be pure, and the way that I know how to do that when I have done wrong is to ask for forgiveness and turn away from those actions, and help your fellow man along the way. If you can't accept this, my words, thats your choice. Im not mad about it either, I just hope you dont carry my words with anger. I don't know your beliefs (if any), so I will not say its not good for your soul, but I will say its not good for the body. Stress can led to physical problems down the road. You may not be stress and I can just be wrong, I dont know, never met you. I just hope your well and not upset.

Recap,
    1) apology has been made.
    2) its was and is from the heart
    3) the whole Im right your wrong mentality not my intentions that thought never even occured to me.
    4) I stated that I would no longer conducted myself in such a manner (repentance)
    5) (this is new) Let's you and I make peace, and not bicker over an apology. Thats up to you. whether you choice to or not, I hope that you have a good day, and a great life πŸ™‚
  8. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 13:51
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

The Bible, Koran, Buddism,Torah etc, has a tiny amount of tru ...[text shortened]... of God, and have the fault finding attitude, you will not succeed in raising your consciouness.
    Thank you for your advise, I am Christian (in progess lol) striving to do better in my walk with Jesus. We should play chess sometime, talk, exchange thoughts etc. Not just about religion just life in general. Would you like to play sometime?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 15:29
    Regardless of what religious practice we all my have or lack of practice. From believing in Jesus, to Ali, Budda, the universe, science etc. Can we learn to except one anothers differences without insults? I enjoy a good debate when both parties are open, not just trying to prove their own point for the sake of trying to sound smart. I myself I live in Rent ...[text shortened]... ts we should behave in that manner, so having said that is peace possible? Your opinions please.
    Can light mix with the dark?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 15:34
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yep .. its called twilight.
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 15:40
    milk and Hershey's syrupπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 16:26
    Originally posted by duecer
    milk and Hershey's syrupπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Way too sweet. πŸ˜›
  13. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 18:55
    Way too sweet. πŸ˜›
    Thank you, you have remindered me that I have some Hershey's in my desk. hmmmmm chocolateπŸ˜›
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 20:43
    To be honest the Im right your wrong mentality never entered my thoughts, not even once. As far as it being disingenuousness, thats your opinion, sorry if you feel that way. I have made my apology and I havent done it (insults) since, so whether or not you choose to take it, thats up to you. For me Jesus is my Lord and my King. You can serve Him with me or ...[text shortened]... you. whether you choice to or not, I hope that you have a good day, and a great life πŸ™‚
    Try rereading our discussion thus far. It's evident from your responses thus far, that you haven't been comprehending what I've been saying. If you would address the germane points of my posts rather than just making assumptions and responding to YOUR assumptions, I can help you to understand.

To be honest the Im right your wrong mentality never entered my thoughts, not even once.

Whether or not it entered your mind is irrelevant. Reread my post.

As far as it being disingenuousness, thats your opinion, sorry if you feel that way.

It not just a matter of opinion. I've explained what was disingenuous about your apology. Reread my posts.

I'm curious, why, why the anger?

No "anger". Why the supposition of "anger"?

If the world could admit when they have done something wrong, and then stopped doing those actions "repentance" wouldnt it be a better place.

Yes it would. That's why I brought up the issue of repentance earlier when you said, "With the asking for forgiveness I have done my part."

Jesus never asked us to be perfect, thats why He came down cause nobody is.

Actually He did:
    Matthew 5
    48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
  15. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 22:30
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Try rereading our discussion thus far. It's evident from your responses thus far, that you haven't been comprehending what I've been saying. If you would address the germane points of my posts rather than just making assumptions and responding to YOUR assumptions, I can help you to understand.

[b]To be honest the Im right your wrong mentality never en ...[text shortened]...
    48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. [/quote]
    Matthew 5:48 That was in contexts to show love to your brother not actual being perfect,

The bible does state all have sinned and have fall short of the glory of God. The sin is our imperfection and all have sinned.

As far as everything else goes Im done. I know in my heart I've done what was right. I have no need to prove it, following the commandments of God and doing what is right in His eye's is my only concern. I wish you all the best enjoy your life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree