1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 11:21
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    God is a just God in the sense that He will judge us fairly. The good gets reward and evil doers get punnished. Look at these verses:

Hos_9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more ..

Rom_9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, ...[text shortened]... easure in him.

Clearly God withdraws his love from, and is capable of hating evil doers.
    Firstly hate isn't hate as we understand it it's not the best word to translate with (or so a serman once went and it made sense at the time).
    Those quotes are from the old testement when God was unable to seperate the sinner from the sin, now after Jesus, there is forgivness- He can seperate the two and love us but hate our sin. That's how I see it anyway.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 11:28
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Firstly hate isn't hate as we understand it it's not the best word to translate with (or so a serman once went and it made sense at the time).
    Those quotes are from the old testement when God was unable to seperate the sinner from the sin, now after Jesus, there is forgivness- He can seperate the two and love us but hate our sin. That's how I see it anyway.
    Dont put your faith in sermons or in men.

The Bible is clear ... Sinners will be destroyed. Is that what you calling love?
    God will 'lovingly' destroy sinners ?
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 11:38

The Bible is clear ... Sinners will be destroyed. Is that what you calling love?
    Okay good point and yeah you're right the Bible dose say He is love.

I don't know if you feel differently to me but this is how I feel about it;

I love my kids enough to punish them when they've miss behaved becasue if I didn't set boundaries they'd feel insecure and un loved also they'd not behave well and that would have consiquensis in their adult life.

I love my husband but he's treating me poorly and I will remove his contact with me for my sake. Becasue even though I love him there is apoint where his behaviour is so unexceptable that I can not allow it to continue.

If someone is not having a relationship with God then of cause He dosen't want them in His presence, that feels logical to me.

Is it possiable He will destroy the sinners for the sake of the ones he has forgiven? I'm not sure about that idea, but I thought I'd put it here .
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 12:21

Either that or allow them to live in a prison of torment.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 12:29

I love my kids enough to punish them when they've miss behaved becasue if I didn't set boundaries they'd feel insecure and un loved also they'd not behave well and that would have consiquensis in their adul ...[text shortened]... he ones he has forgiven? I'm not sure about that idea, but I thought I'd put it here .
    I believe all ministers I have heard speak on this subject say that the
    marriage vows are broken if the man violently hurts his wife because
    his promise to love, etc. is demonstrated by his actions. Then the
    woman is within her right to forsake the marriage relationship.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 12:53

I love my kids enough to punish them when they've miss behaved becasue if I didn't set boundaries they'd feel insecure and un loved also they'd not behave well and that would have consiquensis in their adul ...[text shortened]... he ones he has forgiven? I'm not sure about that idea, but I thought I'd put it here .
    So love whether it be from God to mankind, or from you to your husband would not last forever unless it is reciprocated.

God hates both the sin and the sinner, and eventually God will 'utterly destroy' all sinners who do not repent. Similarly, the love you have now for your husband will eventually die.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 16:22
    So love whether it be from God to mankind, or from you to your husband would not last forever unless it is reciprocated.

God hates both the sin and the sinner, and eventually God will 'utterly destroy' all sinners who do not repent. Similarly, the love you have now for your husband will eventually die.
    I disagree, how can God hate His creation? Be dissapointed in it, yes but not hate.
    Actually I think I will love my husband forever, obviously I won't be in love with him, that's love reciprocated. When I look at the kids I see him, sometimes they do things just like he dose. I can detest his resent behaviour and be strong enough to stop it without taking my love away. It's a different kind of love now though, definatly.

I don't think God hates the sinner in your sense of the expression. I think He wants us all to follow Him and be with Him, saved- but that brings the issue of choice and chosen and free will and destination whcih is all a huge subject.
  8. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 16:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe all ministers I have heard speak on this subject say that the
    marriage vows are broken if the man violently hurts his wife because
    his promise to love, etc. is demonstrated by his actions. Then the
    woman is within her right to forsake the marriage relationship.
    I wouldn't knwo anything about that.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 17:32
    I disagree, how can God hate His creation? Be dissapointed in it, yes but not hate.
    Actually I think I will love my husband forever, obviously I won't be in love with him, that's love reciprocated. When I look at the kids I see him, sometimes they do things just like he dose. I can detest his resent behaviour and be strong enough to stop it without takin ...[text shortened]... gs the issue of choice and chosen and free will and destination whcih is all a huge subject.
    Those rose-coloured glasses you are wearing .. you need to remove them. Only then can you see that love is just another emotion .. it comes and it goes. It is not forever. If your husband is not treating you well then its a good chance that he does not love you and you need to move on. Your love for him will certainly die one day.

God hates sin and He hates unrepentant sinners and He will certainly utterly destroy them when he is ready.

Get your feet back on the ground. It will help you a lot.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 18:57
    I wouldn't knwo anything about that.
    Now you do.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 18:59
    Those rose-coloured glasses you are wearing .. you need to remove them. Only then can you see that love is just another emotion .. it comes and it goes. It is not forever. If your husband is not treating you well then its a good chance that he does not love you and you need to move on. Your love for him will certainly die one day.

God hates sin and He hat ...[text shortened]... erly destroy them when he is ready.

God promises to wipe away our hurtful emotions in the future.
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 23:201 edit

God hates sin and He hat ...[text shortened]... erly destroy them when he is ready.

Haven't you had people in your life that you will always love no matter what emotions you or they have at any given moment?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 00:28
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Haven't you had people in your life that you will always love no matter what emotions you or they have at any given moment?
    Certain family members yes. I have experienced several failed relationships and there is no love there as much time has passed. I wish them well in their life but whatever love was there is now dead. The point is the love can die, and because it dies does not mean that it was not love in the first place, as the opening post implies.

There is also a suggestion among some Christians that God cannot hate. That is incorrect as the Bible refers plainly to such things.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 05:20
    Certain family members yes. I have experienced several failed relationships and there is no love there as much time has passed. I wish them well in their life but whatever love was there is now dead. The point is the love can die, and because it dies does not mean that it was not love in the first place, as the opening post implies.

There is also a sugge ...[text shortened]... e Christians that God cannot hate. That is incorrect as the Bible refers plainly to such things.
    I disagree.

1. True love cannot die.

2.God can not hate

3.One can experience the absence of love, for a very long time in certain cases, but if it was love (in the first place) then it is still there, buried under all those other thoughts and emotions...
  15. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 07:53

Once you've let someone into your heart they're there forever imo.
    Love is not just an emotion like anyother emotion, it's also a choice.
    I have no doubt that God is terribly awesome; to be feared and capable of destroying entire civilisations, but He has promised (rainbow) that He won't and found a way for us to be accepted if we make that choice.
    My feet are on the ground, indeed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree