1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 05:22
    So we see that many if not all of the skeptics here, have a real problem with capital punishment. They label it "murder."

Meanwhile most (but not all) bible-believers think that capital punishment is acceptable under very specific conditions.

What the skeptics can't seem to understand is, by ending the life of someone who has wrongfully ended the life of another person... the highest premium on the value of human life is established.

If someone murders other people in cold-blooded, premeditated fashion, and then--as the skeptics ostensibly would prefer--gets to spend the rest of his life in prison among like-minded people, with free food, the ability to read, watch TV and perform other recreational activities--is that really setting the highest premium possible on the value of human life? I say no. If human life is really as valuable as the skeptics would have us believe, then for someone to END the life of another individual in cold-blooded, premeditated fashion, then they should forfeit their own life and pay the ultimate price.

To sentence a cold-blooded murderer the same penalty as someone who deals recreational drugs or runs a prostitution ring, is to greatly diminish the value of human life.
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 06:501 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    So we see that many if not all of the skeptics here, have a real problem with capital punishment. They label it "murder."

Meanwhile most (but not all) bible-believers think that capital punishment is acceptable under very specific conditions.

What the skeptics can't seem to understand is, by ending the life of someone who has wrongfully ended the life ...[text shortened]... creational drugs or runs a prostitution ring, is to greatly diminish the value of human life.
    If you have a problem with sentences for murder being inappropriately light, then why not opt for the perpetual torture of murderers? That way, they'd be punished much more severely than other criminals and yet no supremely valuable human life would be destroyed.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 07:261 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    If you have a problem with sentences for murder being inappropriately light, then why not opt for the perpetual torture of murderers? That way, they'd be punished much more severely than other criminals and yet no supremely valuable human life would be destroyed.
    I do not see human life as near as important to God as the life of the soul. Christ gave up His human life to save the lives of our souls from the eternal torment of hell fire.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 07:30

What the skeptics can't seem to understand is, by ending the life of someone who has wrongfully ended the life ...[text shortened]... creational drugs or runs a prostitution ring, is to greatly diminish the value of human life.
    I'm not sure what the complaint is here, both capital punishment and murder are
    legal terms with meaning. If they do not like the taking of a life, change the law,
    but that will not end the fact that our lives will end here anyway.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 10:06

Are you prepared to carry out these executions?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 10:38

I think making reparation for the crime is the wisest course of action, of course it fails if
    you have killed more than one person, but not if you have stolen a car.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 12:01

Yes, the state will murder someone in a cold-blooded, premeditated fashion to show the populace that murdering people in a cold-blooded, premeditated fashion is wrong. Makes perfect sense.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 13:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I think making reparation for the crime is the wisest course of action, of course it fails if
    you have killed more than one person, but not if you have stolen a car.
    How can one make reparation for the crime of murder? How does the number of persons murdered make any difference?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 13:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How can one make reparation for the crime of murder? How does the number of persons murdered make any difference?
    you can offer compensation to the family in the form of so called, 'blood money', if you
    cannot pay then you would need to work to make the money, if you kill more than one
    person the likelihood of you being able to earn enough to cover all eventualities would
    be minimal unless of course you were rich.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 13:59
    you can offer compensation to the family in the form of so called, 'blood money', if you
    cannot pay then you would need to work to make the money, if you kill more than one
    person the likelihood of you being able to earn enough to cover all eventualities would
    be minimal unless of course you were rich.
    So you think money can replace a life? How about sin against God, is money good to pay off God and get on His good side?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 14:06
    So you think money can replace a life? How about sin against God, is money good to pay off God and get on His good side?
    No, i said you can offer compensation, i did not say it replaced the life of the person.

Why are you asking me about buying off God, you nominal christians have been trying to buy a stairway to heaven for centuries.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 15:56
    No, i said you can offer compensation, i did not say it replaced the life of the person.

Why are you asking me about buying off God, you nominal christians have been trying to buy a stairway to heaven for centuries.
    I was just trying to obtain your view of how important human life is to you. Your view, as I understand it, is that the death of the body is the same as the death of the soul. If so, then that should mean the murder of a human being is the murder of his soul.

Jesus asked, "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
    (Mark 8:36-37 NKJV)

But before that Jesus said, "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it."
    (Mark 8:35 NKJV)

So do you think compensation in money is good enough for the sin of murder that also breaks the commandment of God? If so, how much money is enough is what I think Jesus is asking?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 16:10
    I was just trying to obtain your view of how important human life is to you. Your view, as I understand it, is that the death of the body is the same as the death of the soul. If so, then that should mean the murder of a human being is the murder of his soul.

Jesus asked, "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? ...[text shortened]... aks the commandment of God? If so, how much money is enough is what I think Jesus is asking?
    When a person breaks a leg, it is compensated for in monetary terms if he or she has
    insurance and was the victim of an accident. The families of the flight Pan Am Flight
    103, which blew up over Lockerbie were compensated in monetary terms by the Libyan
    government, what this has to do with God is not entirely clear. Why you are somehow
    harbouring the delusion that sin can be compensated for in monetary terms is perhaps
    a reflection of how ludicrous your understanding is, how else are we to account for it?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 16:23
    When a person breaks a leg, it is compensated for in monetary terms if he or she has
    insurance and was the victim of an accident. The families of the flight Pan Am Flight
    103, which blew up over Lockerbie were compensated in monetary terms by the Libyan
    government, what this has to do with God is not entirely clear. Why you are somehow
    harb ...[text shortened]... erhaps
    a reflection of how ludicrous your understanding is, how else are we to account for it?
    Maybe that is why you do not clearly understand what Jesus says. You can't even understand what I say in simple terms. I am simply asking is life of the body and life of the soul the same? Yes or no is good enough for now.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 16:26
    Maybe that is why you do not clearly understand what Jesus says. You can't even understand what I say in simple terms. I am simply asking is life of the body and life of the soul the same? Yes or no is good enough for now.
    yes because lets face it, you are Jesus! What is the soul, i do not understand, can you
    tell me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree