Casting a Pearl

Casting a Pearl

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @josephw
Apparently you're so used to talking out your arse you wouldn't know straight talk when you hear it.

Show the scriptures that say God tortures people.
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and .... whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:12-15 KJV)

What is the lake of fire?
Did the people jump in there for themselves?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jul 17

For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (Luke 16:28 KJV)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jul 17

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. (Revelation 14:9-11 KJV)

Who torments these people?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Jul 17

I believe what the Bible teaches.

Why don't you find a verse or passage that talks about the judgement of the dead, quote it, and then tell me what you think it means?.

We need only go as far as the truth.
You see, here you go again asking me to look stuff up for you. This is just the dodge I was talking about earlier. I don't think you know how to describe of defend what it is you believe.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Jul 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Why aren't you confronting the posters who believe this doctrine? As you know, divegeester doesn't subscribe to the doctrine. What don't you ask those that do to show you the scriptures?
Joseph is doing his usual "your wrong but you have to show me why your wrong" tactic.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jul 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Joseph is doing his usual "your wrong but you have to show me why your wrong" tactic.
Believe what you want divegeester. Truth is I really don't care. It's not worth the argument. The fact is it has all been settled in eternity already, and I'm not worried about any of it even one little bit because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt where I'll be standing in that day.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jul 17

Believe what you want divegeester. Truth is I really don't care. It's not worth the argument. The fact is it has all been settled in eternity already, and I'm not worried about any of it even one little bit because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt where I'll be standing in that day.
Who is asking about you?
Why the need to talk about yourself?
Are you another parrot like sonship?

F

Moves
26 Jul 17

Truth is I really don't care. It's not worth the argument.
The eternal torture of non-believers according to the doctrine which is propagated by several Christians in this community pertains to the very essence and nature of the Christian god. Why is the portrayal of the very essence and nature of the Christian god [that you worship] not worth the argument?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jul 17

Originally posted by @fmf
The eternal torture of non-believers according to the doctrine which is propagated by several Christians in this community pertains to the very essence and nature of the Christian god. Why is the portrayal of the very essence and nature of the Christian god [that you worship] not worth the argument?
Because it doesn't affect salvation.

Salvation and redemption is the message of the NT, and in this light the issue of whether the final disposition of those judged wanting is eternal torture or annihilation in the Lake of Fire is neither here nor there. And I find it extremely unbelievable that you bother to give a rat's patootie either way. You're just running to your pal divegeester's support because it happens to be his favorite tool to attack Christians. I find it hard to believe that you care either way, it's just that you love to see Christians attacked and it's even better for you if you can set Christian against Christian.

So again, you can take your questions about "why don't you confront them for saying that?" and politely shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

F

Moves
26 Jul 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
So again, you can take your questions about "why don't you confront them for saying that?" and politely shove them where the sun doesn't shine.
My question is not about your notion of "salvation". It is about the very nature of your god figure. You and sonship appear to be talking about completely different gods. This fact cannot be dismissed by either party claiming that the differences are "not significant".

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jul 17
2 edits

You say that you "don't really care", and yet here you are "casting your pearls" before the swine of the forum.
Casting your little barbs and jibes at those of whom you disapprove, and now when cornered you are covering yourself in your theological cloak of invincibility

F

Moves
26 Jul 17

...and now when cornered you are covering yourself in your theological cloak of invincibility
Google: No results found for "theological cloak of invincibility".

Respect.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
Because it doesn't affect salvation.

Salvation and redemption is the message of the NT, and in this light the issue of whether the final disposition of those judged wanting is eternal torture or annihilation in the Lake of Fire is neither here nor there. And I find it extremely unbelievable that you bother to give a rat's patootie either way. You're ...[text shortened]... y don't you confront them for saying that?" and politely shove them where the sun doesn't shine.
But it possibly does affect salvation!

For some reason you seem to be oblivious to some of the most interesting parallel lines of discussion in this forum. Take sonship for example; he refuses point blank, over and over again to confirm or deny if me disagreeing with him on the doctrine of eternal hell places my salvation in any jeapardy. Why is that? I'll tell you why, it's his vanity. He's too vain to admit that his precious but abominable doctrine doesn't even impact salvation. It's that pouting vanity that is the parallel line.

On the matter of eternal suffering itself, I would say that it is the single most important topic of discussion that goes on in here. It separates those who believe in a terrorist God from those who believe in a merciful God of salvation. It reveals the colour and tone of a poster's salvation, it informs their thought processes and Christian decision making. It describes to the lost the very nature of the God we believe in.

These are important and interesting topics of discussion to many of us here for these reasons, and as this is a discussion forum with strong differing views I hardly think your habitual complaints about the exchange that goes on in here is in any way relevant.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Jul 17

You say that you "don't really care", and yet here you are "casting your pearls" before the swine of the forum.
Casting your little barbs and jibes at those of whom you disapprove, and now when cornered you are covering yourself in your theological cloak of invincibility
Why should I care what you believe when you can't even provide a scriptural basis for that belief? Why should I care?

Why do you allow yourself to be duped by Rajk into thinking my motive is to cast pearls before swine? I had no such motive. I intended to start a thread about what makes God holy and thought that it was a pearl of a concept.

That God is holy because He is the only being of His kind in existence. It's a pearl of an idea. That was my only thought when I labeled this thread Casting a Pearl.

Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Jul 17
3 edits

Why should I care what you believe when you can't even provide a scriptural basis for that belief? Why should I care?

Why do you allow yourself to be duped by Rajk into thinking my motive is to cast pearls before swine? I had no such motive. I intended to start a thread about what makes God holy and thought that it was a pearl of a concept.

That God i ...[text shortened]... that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
You are a crooked liar!!

If your intention was to avoid insult, you would have used other Bible phrases:
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it. (Matthew 13:45-46 KJV)

Instead you used this one
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, ... (Matthew 7:6 KJV)

Plus you ask questions and when I answer you ignore me.
People like you should get off these forums and go play checkers or something.