Casting a Pearl

Casting a Pearl

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jul 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you think that Muslims believe their god is holy, that their texts are holy, that their places of worship and shrines are holy? Do you think Hindus use the word holy too for the same things? And Sikhs? And Jews? Do you really not realize how and why the word "holy" is used?
So you place a premium on what people "think" over what is true? People think all kinds of things without evidence.

It was clearly evidenced by the quote from Isaiah I provided that what I asserted about what makes God holy has a basis in reality.

Provide a quote from any other religious writings that what you say has some credence, otherwise what you're saying is just hearsay.

F

Moves
21 Jul 17

Originally posted by @josephw
So you place a premium on what people "think" over what is true? People think all kinds of things without evidence.
The notion of something being "holy" is a product of perception and thoughts. The "evidence" that Hindu gods are "holy" is found in the reverence and beliefs of Hindus, and in their holy scriptures, for example.

F

Moves
21 Jul 17

It was clearly evidenced by the quote from Isaiah I provided that what I asserted about what makes God holy has a basis in reality.
The concept of "holiness" is not exclusive to the Christian religion.

F

Moves
21 Jul 17

Provide a quote from any other religious writings that what you say has some credence, otherwise what you're saying is just hearsay.
No. All the effort I am willing to expend on you is being taken up with typing these posts.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jul 17

The notion of something being "holy" is a product of perception and thoughts. The "evidence" that Hindu gods are "holy" is found in the reverence and beliefs of Hindus, and in their holy scriptures, for example.
"The notion of something being "holy" is a product of perception and thoughts."

Is it? Or is it that perception and thoughts are a product of that which is holy?

Your interpretation of holy is entirely subjective.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jul 17

No. All the effort I am willing to expend on you is being taken up with typing these posts.
Then your claims are weak, soft, and without substance.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jul 17

The concept of "holiness" is not exclusive to the Christian religion.
Never said it was. You're obfuscating.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jul 17

[b]"The notion of something being "holy" is a product of perception and thoughts."

Is it? Or is it that perception and thoughts are a product of that which is holy?

Your interpretation of holy is entirely subjective.[/b]
I notice you did not answer sonships question about the topic of this thread. Your reluctance to answer tells me that you intended it to mean that those/some on this forum are swine. What say you ?

F

Moves
21 Jul 17

Then your claims are weak, soft, and without substance.
If the truth of my claims was "weak, soft, and without substance" ~ or even controversial ~ as opposed to blatantly obvious, which they are ~ I'd probably be off spending time looking for links for you to try to bolster my case.

F

Moves
21 Jul 17

FMF: The concept of "holiness" is not exclusive to the Christian religion.

Never said it was. You're obfuscating.
Which religions do you think have gods and scripture that are considered "holy" then, and which don't?

F

Moves
21 Jul 17

"The notion of something being "holy" is a product of perception and thoughts."

Is it?
Yes. The perception that something is "holy" is something lodged in the human mind.

If there were no humans, there would be no "holiness", just as there would be no grandeur, and no scariness, and no honesty, and no mercy, and no love, and no anger. These are all human-created words to describe ideas in human minds.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Jul 17

Yes. The perception that something is "holy" is something lodged in the human mind.

If there were no humans, there would be no "holiness", just as there would be no grandeur, and no scariness, and no honesty, and no mercy, and no love, and no anger. These are all human-created words to describe ideas in human minds.
You're an existentialist? Or perhaps an nihilist?

Love existed long before man.

Sad that you live in an empty universe. Nevertheless, in spite of what drives your mental processes, God loves you.

Believe it. Or miss out on the most profound experience you'll ever know.

F

Moves
23 Jul 17

You're an existentialist? Or perhaps an nihilist?

Love existed long before man.

Sad that you live in an empty universe. Nevertheless, in spite of what drives your mental processes, God loves you.

Believe it. Or miss out on the most profound experience you'll ever know.
Like I said, if there were no humans, there would be no such thing as "holiness". Something being "holy", whether it be Hindu deities or a Muslim shrine or the Torah or your god figure, is a word that describes how those things are perceived by humans.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
23 Jul 17

What makes God holy?
We talking about the entity what tried to kill everything on this planet? What encouraged human sacrifice? What is absent as black plagues and world wars inflict us?

The answer has to be power.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Jul 17

Like I said, if there were no humans, there would be no such thing as "holiness". Something being "holy", whether it be Hindu deities or a Muslim shrine or the Torah or your god figure, is a word that describes how those things are perceived by humans.
Like you said, those things are perceived by humans.

Perceptions limited by the physical senses. When one is born again a sixth sense is activated, which is guided by God's Word.

Faith, when placed in Jesus, is the only thing that can activate a spirit that is otherwise dead to God.

The only God there is. A holy God.