1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:28
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Why should I care what you believe when you can't even provide a scriptural basis for that belief? Why should I care?

Why do you allow yourself to be duped by Rajk into thinking my motive is to cast pearls before swine? I had no such motive. I intended to start a thread about what makes God holy and thought that it was a pearl of a concept.

That God i ...[text shortened]... that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
    If you knew your bible better you would probably get into less fixes like this one. The scripture in your thread title is "do not cast your pearls before swine"; if you lack the simple understanding of what this idiom means then that is no ones fault but your own. You have a reputation of using biblical scripture to hurl insults so it is of no surprise to me that the "swine" "turn on you and trample you".
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:33
    Why should I care what you believe when you can't even provide a scriptural basis for that belief? Why should I care?
    It is you who keeps on challenging me about my denial of eternal suffering by saying it is clear in scripture/the bible; or words to that effect. And yet when I press you on it you always refuse to come up with which scriptures have caused you to believe such a thing.

Asking me to come up with a scripture to prove something which I claim doesn't exist is not a good retort. The onus is on you to defend your horrible claim about god. It is YOU who says eternal hell is clear in the bible, so it is YOU who needs to demonstrate it, not me.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 14:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Because it doesn't affect salvation.

Salvation and redemption is the message of the NT, and in this light the issue of whether the final disposition of those judged wanting is eternal torture or annihilation in the Lake of Fire is neither here nor there. And I find it extremely unbelievable that you bother to give a rat's patootie either way. You're ...[text shortened]... y don't you confront them for saying that?" and politely shove them where the sun doesn't shine.
    "Salvation and redemption is the message of the NT, and in this light the issue of whether the final disposition of those judged wanting is eternal torture or annihilation in the Lake of Fire is neither here nor there."

Just to clarify, if you have a relative or friend who is judged and found wanting, you believe it is neither 'here nor there' if they are tortured eternally or annihilated in the lake of fire?

Is that what you are telling us?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 20:51
    I guess Jw is done here...
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You are a crooked liar!!

If your intention was to avoid insult, you would have used other Bible phrases:
    Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking [b]goodly pearls
    : Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it. (Matthew 13:45-46 KJV)

Instead you used this one ...[text shortened]... r you ignore me.
    People like you should get off these forums and go play checkers or something.[/b]
    I'd whoop you're arse at checkers. Haven't lost a game in 40 years. It's too simple.

Let's play a game of chess. I shut down the number of challenges I'd except, but I'll make an exception just for you. I'll do it without even knowing your rating. Are you ready for that!
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:08
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It is you who keeps on challenging me about my denial of eternal suffering by saying it is clear in scripture/the bible; or words to that effect. And yet when I press you on it you always refuse to come up with which scriptures have caused you to believe such a thing.

Asking me to come up with a scripture to prove something which I claim doesn't exi ...[text shortened]... U who says eternal hell is clear in the bible, so it is YOU who needs to demonstrate it, not me.
    Dude! Why are you making such a big case of it? Just make a biblically based argument for believing that the dead don't get cast into the lake of fire.

I know there's a reason why it pains you to believe the dead will be judged and cast into the lake of fire. It is disturbing to contemplate. I understand that, but I can't deny what the Bible says.

Can you feel my pain?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:10
    Just make a biblically based argument for believing that the dead don't get cast into the lake of fire.
    Just make a biblically based argument that they do.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:121 edit
    I understand that, but I can't deny what the Bible says.
    If it is so "undeniable", then please post it in here so we can all be utterly convinced.

Any time before the apocalypse will be fine...
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:17
    Just make a biblically based argument that they do.
    You've got to be kidding!
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:24
    If it is so "undeniable", then please post it in here so we can all be utterly convinced.

Any time before the apocalypse will be fine...
    Don't be daft. Even your cohort Rajk posted the relevant verses.

Obviously, for some reason, you're afraid to address the issue in print. The scriptures are clear. Those that reject God's Christ are destined to an eternity void of the love of God. Outer darkness. Weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Incomprehensible. I don't like it anymore than you do, but I can't deny the Word.

Jesus dive, why can't we talk about this?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:30
    Don't be daft. Even your cohort Rajk posted the relevant verses.

Obviously, for some reason, you're afraid to address the issue in print. The scriptures are clear. Those that reject God's Christ are destined to an eternity void of the love of God. Outer darkness. Weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Incomprehensible. I don't like it anymore than you do, but I can't deny the Word.

Jesus dive, why can't we talk about this?
    Dive has stated that he would discard the New Testament, in its entirety, before he would believe this version of hell, even though the dire warnings are in the Bible.

For his own personal belief system, he 'chooses' to ignore 'hell' in the Bible.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:36
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Holy - clean and free from sin and corruption
    Unholy - unclean, sinful, corrupted.

God is Holy and destroys whatever is unholy
    If that is the case, why didn't he take out Pol Pot or Hitler or Stalin or Idi Amin?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:44
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Dive has stated that he would discard the New Testament, in its entirety, before he would believe this version of hell, even though the dire warnings are in the Bible.

For his own personal belief system, he 'chooses' to ignore 'hell' in the Bible.
    But why chaney? I'm not trying to be insensitive to the prospect of an eternity separated from God in what must be the most horrific experience conceivable in the human mind.

The lake of fire. For all eternity. The idea drives me insane. But I cannot deny the Word of God.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 21:45
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    If that is the case, why didn't he take out Pol Pot or Hitler or Stalin or Idi Amin?
    God will take them out.

Don't be so shallow.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 22:11
    But why chaney? I'm not trying to be insensitive to the prospect of an eternity separated from God in what must be the most horrific experience conceivable in the human mind.

The lake of fire. For all eternity. The idea drives me insane. But I cannot deny the Word of God.
    I don't exactly know why Dive believes what he does.

But, I must say that I tend to NOT believe in a horrific hell somewhere. If Jesus really did get crucified for the benefit of humanity, then that sacrifice carries more weight than any threats that exist in the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree