1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 22:35
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I don't exactly know why Dive believes what he does.

But, I must say that I tend to NOT believe in a horrific hell somewhere. If Jesus really did get crucified for the benefit of humanity, then that sacrifice carries more weight than any threats that exist in the Bible.
    Ask yourself why Jesus would subject Himself to carrying the burden of the sins of mankind and the wrath of God on the cross.

The answer is simple. Because God so loved the world.

Jesus obeyed His father to the death. Can you imagine that? There's nothing else like it in human experience.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 22:53
    Originally posted by @josephw
    I'd whoop you're arse at checkers. Haven't lost a game in 40 years. It's too simple.

Let's play a game of chess. I shut down the number of challenges I'd except, but I'll make an exception just for you. I'll do it without even knowing your rating. Are you ready for that!
    You are a big mouth.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 04:09
    I don't exactly know why Dive believes what he does.

But, I must say that I tend to NOT believe in a horrific hell somewhere. If Jesus really did get crucified for the benefit of humanity, then that sacrifice carries more weight than any threats that exist in the Bible.
    Really? Is that why you yourself have taken the leap and become a Christian?

Oh, wait, you haven't...

Apparently it doesn't carry the requisite weight to make up your mind, does it?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 06:08
    Don't be daft. Even your cohort Rajk posted the relevant verses.

Obviously, for some reason, you're afraid to address the issue in print. The scriptures are clear. Those that reject God's Christ are destined to an eternity void of the love of God. Outer darkness. Weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Incomprehensible. I don't like it anymore than you do, but I can't deny the Word.

Jesus dive, why can't we talk about this?
    Anytime me you feel the boost of courage to put some scriptures down about what you believe instead of this "because the bible says so" rubbish...please feel free to do so.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 06:09
    Dive has stated that he would discard the New Testament, in its entirety, before he would believe this version of hell, even though the dire warnings are in the Bible.

For his own personal belief system, he 'chooses' to ignore 'hell' in the Bible.
    I repeat my above post to you chaney3. Why not cease from your yapping and lay some scriptures down that you personally feel underpin what you believe.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 06:10
    The lake of fire. For all eternity. The idea drives me insane. But I cannot deny the Word of God.
    Then put together a case which supports your beliefs about this.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 06:13
    ... I must say that I tend to NOT believe in a horrific hell somewhere. If Jesus really did get crucified for the benefit of humanity, then that sacrifice carries more weight than any threats that exist in the Bible.
    And yet just earlier you posted this:

"Dive has stated that he would discard the New Testament, in its entirety, before he would believe this version of hell, even though the dire warnings are in the Bible. For his own personal belief system, he 'chooses' to ignore 'hell' in the Bible."

So it's ok for you to discard scripture, but not ok for me to?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 06:15
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Really? Is that why you yourself have taken the leap and become a Christian?

Oh, wait, you haven't...

Apparently it doesn't carry the requisite weight to make up your mind, does it?
    Chaney3 is like a dog in the midday sun. Angry, yapping, insane and nowhere to hide.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 17:10
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Anytime me you feel the boost of courage to put some scriptures down about what you believe instead of this "because the bible says so" rubbish...please feel free to do so.
    Why are you acting as if you've never read the Bible before, and are also acting like you've never read the warnings about hell or the lake of fire or the gnashing of teeth?

Josephw does not need to list the warnings because you are well aware of what the Bible says.....you just don't believe it, or are choosing to ignore it.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 20:321 edit
    Why are you acting as if you've never read the Bible before, and are also acting like you've never read the warnings about hell or the lake of fire or the gnashing of teeth?

Josephw does not need to list the warnings because you are well aware of what the Bible says.....you just don't believe it, or are choosing to ignore it.
    In my opinion Josephw will not list the scriptures for a couple of reasons:

1) The scriptures are indefensible, incomplete in terms of explaination and coherence, vague, contradictory, parabolic, and dream like.

2) Joe cannot bear to have what will at best be a Swiss-cheese argument pulled apart by people here who know the bible better than he does.

That's it.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 20:38
    In my opinion Josephw will not list the scriptures for a couple of reasons:

1) The scriptures are indefensible, incomplete in terms of explaination and coherence, vague, contradictory, parabolic, and dream like.

2) Joe cannot bear to have what will at best be a Swiss-cheese argument pulled apart by people here who know the bible better than he does.

That's it.
    No matter what scriptures are provided, I believe through the other thread I know what's happening here.

Your version of God and Jesus does not 'fit' what's in the Bible regarding a place called hell.

I tend to agree with you on this issue.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 20:44
    No matter what scriptures are provided, I believe through the other thread I know what's happening here.

Your version of God and Jesus does not 'fit' what's in the Bible regarding a place called hell.

I tend to agree with you on this issue.
    Well, there's a first!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 20:53
    Well, there's a first!
    Well, then I have 2 questions for you.

Is it necessary at all to believe in God and/or Jesus?

Is it necessary to be a Christian?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 21:07
    Well, then I have 2 questions for you.

Is it necessary at all to believe in God and/or Jesus?

Is it necessary to be a Christian?
    Necessary for what?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 22:09
    Necessary for what?
    Exactly.

We are all saved, regardless of beliefs. Otherwise, the crucifixion of Jesus would have been trivial and meaningless.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree